Tyler High vs Texas High

cujoforlife

Who Will Win  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

On 8/7/2020 at 2:17 PM, cujoforlife said:

He has the best record at Tyler High. Than any other coach that came through Tyler. In five seasons he only lost 1 district game and averaged 8 to 10 wins or more every season but two..

Better than Allen Wilson???? 
Wowzers. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Better than Allen Wilson???? 
Wowzers. 

Wilson in 11 seasons....... 90-34-1 (72.40% winning percentage)

Holmes in 8 seasons........ 66-31 (68.04% winning percentage)

So that’s that. 

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Also has a ring and played for another right? 

Won one

played for one 

and got to the semis a time or two IIRC. 

Plus it was 12-5A most of those seasons when JT, Longview, Lufkin, and Marshall were all forces in the state. 

My nod goes to Wilson as greatest JT Coach. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Wilson in 11 seasons....... 90-34-1 (72.40% winning percentage)

Holmes in 8 seasons........ 66-31 (68.04% winning percentage)

So that’s that. 

I believe Coach Wilson was 102-34-2  in 11 seasons and Coach Holmes is 69-31 in 8 seasons.

No debate Coach Wilson was a better coach at JT. However, when he arrived at JT, he had been a head coach for 8 yrs at Paris with a state title. This is Coach Holmes first Head Coaching job.  

Just because he hasn't been as good as Coach Wilson, doesn't mean he hasn't done a good  job.  Coach Wilson was an outstanding Coach and won two rings, and played for another. Coach Holmes has 2 semi final games and reach the 4th round a couple yrs ago. Holmes hasn't been perfect and last season was below Cujo standards, but his record suggest he has been pretty good. Hopefully he will become as good as or better than Coach Wilson at JT.

44 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Won one

played for one 

and got to the semis a time or two IIRC. 

Plus it was 12-5A most of those seasons when JT, Longview, Lufkin, and Marshall were all forces in the state. 

My nod goes to Wilson as greatest JT Coach. 

Won one at JT in 94, played for another in 2000, went to semi in 97 (Coach Holmes was one of the best players on the 97 team).  

Holmes went to semi in 2012, 2014, and 4th round in 2018. 

and you are correct, 12-5a was probably the toughest district in the state.  Coach Wilson also won a ring in Paris in 1988

58 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I believe Coach Wilson was 102-34-2  in 11 seasons and Coach Holmes is 69-31 in 8 seasons.

No debate Coach Wilson was a better coach at JT. However, when he arrived at JT, he had been a head coach for 8 yrs at Paris with a state title. This is Coach Holmes first Head Coaching job.  

Just because he hasn't been as good as Coach Wilson, doesn't mean he hasn't done a good  job.  Coach Wilson was an outstanding Coach and won two rings, and played for another. Coach Holmes has 2 semi final games and reach the 4th round a couple yrs ago. Holmes hasn't been perfect and last season was below Cujo standards, but his record suggest he has been pretty good. Hopefully he will become as good as or better than Coach Wilson at JT.

I never said Holmes hasn’t been good at JT.  

I balked at calling him the best in JT history. 

And he could overtake Wilson in the future.   But right now.... as it stands.... Wilson is the man. 

I always had mad respect for Wilson. 

• Like 1