Tyler High vs Texas High

cujoforlife

Who Will Win  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

33 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I don’t think it’s gonna be that good. We struggled with PINE TREE. No knock on them but we won’t beat half of the teams on our schedule if we are struggling with them. Playing like that might get you a chance to beat NAC but not anyone else heck not even legacy. 

JT isn't beating Lee this year. 

48 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

I don’t think it’s gonna be that good. We struggled with PINE TREE. No knock on them but we won’t beat half of the teams on our schedule if we are struggling with them. Playing like that might get you a chance to beat NAC but not anyone else heck not even legacy. 

Glad you're starting to see what I was trying to tell you in the district thread months back...lol

This isn't going to be a strong year for Tyler. Not even based on this scrimmage...I just never liked what TH had coming back + all of the big time talent is still young.

Rough year for Tyler in 2020. But the years after could be different.

As for beating Legacy this year.....I know in that rivalry...you can toss all on paper stuff out the window...but there is no way Legacy should lose that game. May be worse than last year.

• Like 1

I’m shocked JT fans or TH fans.....whatever are being honest about the team this season and agreeing with Anti lol. Then again who knows? The lions may surprise y’all. I watched both scrimmages. I’m expecting Texas high to win, but i still saw enough talent and speed on the lions team to give a team problems if they don’t come in this one focused. It’s definitely not the same talent level from past teams, but it’s clearly still some on the roster. Enough to give Texas high problems IMO. Plus....It was a scrimmage and we’ve all had a long year. Just saying Tyler high winning or keeping it close wouldn’t surprise me in this one. 

• Like 1

Hey, Tyler could come out and smoke Texas High 58-0 and hold them to negative 50 total yards en route to a state title this year for all I know. lol if they do, I'll be the first to eat crow.

I just don't see it...and there certainly isn't any evidence up to this point that suggest that this will be a strong year for Tyler.

On 9/19/2020 at 10:15 AM, JTFAN99 said:

Last yr I saw Dallas Jesuit scrimmage JT and I thought they were the worst team JT played all yr along with Wylie East.  But Jesuit went deep in 6a playoffs so who knows.  

Because a scrimmage is just a scrimmage lol. Means nothing in the long run of things.

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

Glad you're starting to see what I was trying to tell you in the district thread months back...lol

This isn't going to be a strong year for Tyler. Not even based on this scrimmage...I just never liked what TH had coming back + all of the big time talent is still young.

Rough year for Tyler in 2020. But the years after could be different.

As for beating Legacy this year.....I know in that rivalry...you can toss all on paper stuff out the window...but there is no way Legacy should lose that game. May be worse than last year.

Yes definitely the next couple of year should be back to the old ways but just gotta get through this year lol 

3 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

This is not the same Pine Tree in many different ways.  Get out your head what you think about Pine Tree High because everything is different about them.

They are alot better than you think.  They return nearly everyone on Offense and Def. (I think 8 starters on each side of ball).  And their QB is very good.  They could shock people in Div.2. 

3 hours ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Definitely going to take alot of work to beat Texas High. Man our secondary took a bath Friday 🛁 from Pine Tree. The bright spots were our sophomores and freshman showed alot of promise.

JT has talent. But it is very young.   I give Texas High the edge in this game because they return alot with more experience, but JT has the talent to keep this game close. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

This is not the same Pine Tree in many different ways.  Get out your head what you think about Pine Tree High because everything is different about them.

They are alot better than you think.  They return nearly everyone on Offense and Def. (I think 8 starters on each side of ball).  And their QB is very good.  They could shock people in Div.2. 

Freeman (QB) been a household name in Longview since youth. 

Another example of FBS talent but not getting the looks because he isnt 6'0+.

PT pretty talented offensively. Has been the past few years. 

They could definitely finish top 2 in their district because of that alone.

Unfortunately, I dont have faith in their defense long term...which will be needed for them to make a deep run.

JT has talent. But it is very young.   I give Texas High the edge in this game because they return alot with more experience, but JT has the talent to keep this game close. 

FACTS! I too give Texas High a BIG EDGE mainly for experience. Going to be hard to win like you said. 

35 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Freeman (QB) been a household name in Longview since youth. 

Another example of FBS talent but not getting the looks because he isnt 6'0+.

PT pretty talented offensively. Has been the past few years. 

They could definitely finish top 2 in their district because of that alone.

Unfortunately, I dont have faith in their defense long term...which will be needed for them to make a deep run.

I think Pine Tree Def will be better than last yr. They have talent on that side along with alot of returning starters.  

As far as Freeman goes....after seeing Freeman in person, he is very short.   I'm not sure if he is 5'6.   Is he a FBS talent....Hmmmm not sure about that.  However, I think you are a little too hard on these recruiters.  Kyler Murray had several Div 1 offers and so did Russell Wilson.   And they were both drafted, with Kyler being the #1 pick.   If he that dude, he will get his shot.   Don't worry if its Div.1 or Div.2.    If he good enough the league will find you.  Main thing is that he get his schooling paid for.  Its very tough being a QB at any level.  

I give Texas High the edge base on last year’s game without Cellars playing QB. Texas High appears to have solid line play on both sides of the ball. Longview scrimmage showed we have a talented backup QB and good running backs. Game is in Tyler so the bus ride could have an impact. 

21 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

If he that dude, he will get his shot.  

Naw, he'll get looked over. Folks too close minded and cant see a player for their talent cause they get so fixated on size.

Freeman coming off a 3,376 yards, 36 TDs year. Put up numbers his sophomore year too.

You're saying he doesnt have offers because he isnt good enough but its not that simple. Willing to bet if he's 6'2, all of a sudden he's FBS talent lol funny how that works.

Kyler's the best TXHSFB QB ever. Believe it or not, even he was under recruited. Best QB in TXHSFB history is much better than 16 offers. And casuals were still saying he wasn't gonna make it in college much less to the NFL. "He was too small".

I'm watching him smoke Washington right now...its bittersweet.

21 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Naw, he'll get looked over. Folks too close minded and cant see a player for their talent cause they get so fixated on size.

Freeman coming off a 3,376 yards, 36 TDs year. Put up numbers his sophomore year too.

You're saying he doesnt have offers because he isnt good enough but its not that simple. Willing to bet if he's 6'2, all of a sudden he's FBS talent lol funny how that works.

Kyler's the best TXHSFB QB ever. Believe it or not, even he was under recruited. Best QB in TXHSFB history is much better than 16 offers. And casuals were still saying he wasn't gonna make it in college much less to the NFL. "He was too small".

I'm watching him smoke Washington right now...its bittersweet.

I didn't know Freeman didn't have offers.   I was simply saying, it doesn't matter if he has Div1 or Div2 offers.  As long as he gets a free education is #1.  And if he ball out, he will have a chance at the league.   But size does matter.   You can overcome size with talent, but it does matter.    Kyler Murray talent was so off the charts, he was able to overcome his size.   You think a 5'6 dude could have Tom Brady mobility and be successful.   Only a tall dude can get away with being a statue in the pocket.  

But you keep acting like Kyler Murray was under recruited.  I'm looking at his 247 profile.... Dude had offers from Oklahoma, Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas, Oregon, Florida, and several more Div.1 schools.   He was a 5 star recruit and he went No.1 in the NFL draft.  How is that being slighted?

If you want to see a slighted QB, go look at Pat Mahomes 247 page.  He is easily one of the best HS qb's I ever saw, and he was a 3 star qb with his best offers being Texas Tech and Oklahoma State. Dude put up video game numbers in HS.

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I didn't know Freeman didn't have offers.   I was simply saying, it doesn't matter if he has Div1 or Div2 offers.  As long as he gets a free education is #1.  And if he ball out, he will have a chance at the league.   But size does matter.   You can overcome size with talent, but it does matter.    Kyler Murray talent was so off the charts, he was able to overcome his size.   You think a 5'6 dude could have Tom Brady mobility and be successful.   Only a tall dude can get away with being a statue in the pocket.  

But you keep acting like Kyler Murray was under recruited.  I'm looking at his 247 profile.... Dude had offers from Oklahoma, Auburn, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Texas, Oregon, Florida, and several more Div.1 schools.   He was a 5 star recruit and he went No.1 in the NFL draft.  How is that being slighted?

If you want to see a slighted QB, go look at Pat Mahomes 247 page.  He is easily one of the best HS qb's I ever saw, and he was a 3 star qb with his best offers being Texas Tech and Oklahoma State. Dude put up video game numbers in HS.

Pat Mahomes is the greatest qb to come out of Texas and play with the least amount talent. Texas has seen their fare share of great qbs but nobody has done more with less than Pat. Soon as Pat graduated Whitehouse took a gigantic nose dive.

55 minutes ago, VonG said:

Pat Mahomes is the greatest qb to come out of Texas and play with the least amount talent. Texas has seen their fare share of great qbs but nobody has done more with less than Pat. Soon as Pat graduated Whitehouse took a gigantic nose dive.

His best WR was one a that went to Texas tech before him. I think the guys name is Dylan Cantrell.

1 hour ago, VonG said:

I think Pat is one of the best. JT caught slack for losing to WH by one point, but I think after many have seen what we saw, they now understand that wasn't a bad loss.  

I'm not going to say Pat played without talent, because WH had some good WRs when he was there, but Pat is a once in a lifetime player.  

5 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

But you keep acting like Kyler Murray was under recruited. 

That's because he was, severely. 

Just because someone has offers doesn't mean they aren't under recruited...way deeper than that.

Again, Kyler is the greatest QB this state has ever seen. Like I told you before..The dude had 16 offers. 16! He should've had 30+ but folks slept on him because he wasn't 6'4. And proceeded to say that he wouldn't even make it in college. Casuals..

Haynes King had 30 offers when he left for A&M. 

I love Haynes but he wasn't anywhere near the talent Kyler was. The difference was 6'3, which is sad. 

You ride for Mahomes but I can't believe you failed to mention a certain someone in your own backyard....Greg Ward Jr...who is the real snub. The talent gap between him and Mahomes in HS is non existent. Dude put up 10,000 yards from the QB position in HS. 2 offers, non of which were originally to play QB and non of which were P5. UofH were gonna force that dude to play WR, but luckily gave him a chance to toss the rock. 

He succeeded with ease. 

Anyway, Freeman is FBS talent unlucky with genetics. If you don't have the eye for talent to see that, that's on you...but don't tell me he doesn't have an offer because he isn't good enough. 

Keilyn Williams from Longview 2017-2018...man nevermind. This convo way too deep for some and we ain't ever gonna see eye to eye on this subject lol

I think Pat is one of the best. JT caught slack for losing to WH by one point, but I think after many have seen what we saw, they now understand that wasn't a bad loss.  

I'm not going to say Pat played without talent, because WH had some good WRs when he was there, but Pat is a once in a lifetime player.  

They were Friday night talented players. Who on that Whitehouse team besides Cantrell was going to start or even get playing time at JT, Longview, Lukin, and etc during that time? I'll wait. Pat only had Cantrell for one year. Like I said Pat did more with less than any great qb to come out of Texas. 

37 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That's because he was, severely. 

Just because someone has offers doesn't mean they aren't under recruited...way deeper than that.

Again, Kyler is the greatest QB this state has ever seen. Like I told you before..The dude had 16 offers. 16! He should've had 30+ but folks slept on him because he wasn't 6'4. And proceeded to say that he wouldn't even make it in college. Casuals..

Haynes King had 30 offers when he left for A&M. 

I love Haynes but he wasn't anywhere near the talent Kyler was. The difference was 6'3, which is sad. 

You ride for Mahomes but I can't believe you failed to mention a certain someone in your own backyard....Greg Ward Jr...who is the real snub. The talent gap between him and Mahomes in HS is non existent. Dude put up 10,000 yards from the QB position in HS. 2 offers, non of which were originally to play QB and non of which were P5. UofH were gonna force that dude to play WR, but luckily gave him a chance to toss the rock. 

He succeeded with ease. 

Anyway, Freeman is FBS talent unlucky with genetics. If you don't have the eye for talent to see that, that's on you...but don't tell me he doesn't have an offer because he isn't good enough. 

Keilyn Williams from Longview 2017-2018...man nevermind. This convo way too deep for some and we ain't ever gonna see eye to eye on this subject lol

Bruh, when did I say Freeman wasn't good enough to have an offer. I didn't know he didn't have any offers.    My point about Freeman is that it doesn't matter if its Div1 or Div2.  If he balls out the league will find him.  The main thing for him is just getting an offer somewhere.  I don't know if he is FBS material.  He is shorter than Kyler and not as good so I know its going to be a tough road for him. I wish him luck.  

As far as Kyler goes, you and I disagree.  I've been very close to the recruting process on several occassions. Just because Kyler had 16 official offers don't mean he couldn't go to any school he wanted.  Kyler was offered by several of the top 10 programs in the country.   If Ohio State and Oklahoma offer you, Purdue or Syracuse ain't waisting their time giving you an offer.   Kyler in no way was under recruited.  And again, HE WAS THE NO.1 PICK OF THE NFL DRAFT.  

I do agree with you that Greg Ward was a snub, but honestly, I never thought Ward was a NFL QB. I thought he could have played Div.1 Quarterback at many schools, but I always thought WR would be his ticket to the league.  Mahomes on the other hand is a once in a lifetime arm talent.  He should have had been recruited like Kyler Murray.