Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Tyler High vs Texas High


Who Will Win  

23 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Will Win


This poll is closed to new votes


Recommended Posts

Touchdown Texas High.   They lead 27-7 with 3:17 left. 

The being that identifies as female with an elevated BMI  is clearing her throat. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought they were changing the name of the school. Dropping John doesn’t mean anything. I’m against the name changing, but if your going to do it then do it right. Lee High wouldn’t be acceptable I

in fairness to Pinkard, he hasn't played QB in a couple of yrs.  He got better as the game went on and should improve through the season.  He should have played last yr as Ford's backup.  I think he w

Better than Allen Wilson????  Wowzers. 

Posted Images

Tiger defense being the wood right now. Tyler in trouble deep in their own territory 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to be a long season. Special teams is killing us

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not shocking to me. 

I predicted the lopsided game....but i bet one thing...

NOW people see what THigh is about. A statewide threat in 5AD2.

If you're still sleep on them after this one, I don't know what to tell ya.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Not shocking to me. 

I predicted the lopsided game....but i bet one thing...

NOW people see what THigh is about. A statewide threat in 5AD2.

If you're still sleep on them after this one, I don't know what to tell ya.

 

That is the truth!!

if cellars improves his accuracy and learns to throw it away, they are going to be really hard to beat...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

In other 7-5A  non district games, Sherman is getting RUN in the ground by Denison 41-23 in the 4th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, CUJONATION83 said:

Tyler high was hanging tough for 2.5 quarters, but Texas High is just the better team obviously. It's going to be a long season 😑

2 turnovers led to short field and 10 T-High points.  

T-High is obviously a better team, with all those players returning from last yr.

JT is very young and made alot of mistakes. However,  I saw some flashes of positive things. I think they will be better as season goes on, even if it doesn't show on win column.    Pinkard got a little more comfortable as the game went on and Medlock ran ball well in first half.  The four soph played good at WR.  The Freshman corner played well too.  Lots of sophmores and juniors in rotation on def.   

These guys can be good next yr, only problem is that they will have to break in a new qb.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VonG said:

No depth, no qb, and they are very young this year.

I thought Pinkard had some good moments.    I don't really think depth is an issue this yr.   The youth and inexperience is the problem.  

They can be good next yr, but they have to break in a new qb which will hurt the talent they have at WR. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JTFAN99 said:

2 turnovers led to short field and 10 T-High points.  

T-High is obviously a better team, with all those players returning from last yr.

JT is very young and made alot of mistakes. However,  I saw some flashes of positive things. I think they will be better as season goes on, even if it doesn't show on win column.    Pinkard got a little more comfortable as the game went on and Medlock ran ball well in first half.  The four soph played good at WR.  The Freshman corner played well too.  Lots of sophmores and juniors in rotation on def.   

These guys can be good next yr, only problem is that they will have to break in a new qb.

My thoughts exactly. Tyler high is a year away imo. Makavion Potts,  a sophomore, had 9 catches for 156 yards and 1 td. Zachaun Williams, freshman cb, played DAMN good. TH showed flashes of what could be. This team is going to have growing pains all year, but they'll compete imo. Still going to be a struggle all season long. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Man, no wonder Texas High gave us fits. Congrats, Tigers. 

What's been wrong with JT!? They haven't been the same the last 2 years.

where do we start...lol

#1 problem is that JT had a 10 yr run of unbelievable QB play.   Don't have that anymore.  Of course they lost the qb from last yr who could be a huge help this yr, and the next in line didn't work out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I thought Pinkard had some good moments.    I don't really think depth is an issue this yr.   The youth and inexperience is the problem.  

They can be good next yr, but they have to break in a new qb which will hurt the talent they have at WR. 

You could also see the play calling was very vanilla. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

I thought Pinkard had some good moments.    I don't really think depth is an issue this yr.   The youth and inexperience is the problem.  

They can be good next yr, but they have to break in a new qb which will hurt the talent they have at WR. 

I know who got a good shot at it. He will be good as well. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JTFAN99 said:

where do we start...lol

#1 problem is that JT had a 10 yr run of unbelievable QB play.   Don't have that anymore.  Of course they lost the qb from last yr who could be a huge help this yr, and the next in line didn't work out. 

I get that you want Ford at Tyler but you need to let that go and move on. He isn’t coming back to Tyler no matter how much you want him to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cujoforlife said:

I get that you want Ford at Tyler but you need to let that go and move on. He isn’t coming back to Tyler no matter how much you want him to.

He ask a question, I was only answering it.  The truth is that cujo has had great qb play which has helped alot.  Its not there anymore.  I was only just explaining in detail the reason why. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice win by the Tigers. Clayton Smith disrupted the Lions offense in the first half and took them out of their game plan. Impressed with Potts and Matlock. Cellers gave Tyler fits with his feet but had issues in the passing game. McHenry came in every third series and appears to be a better pure passer. Best of luck going forward to the Lions.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...