BearFan13

Who ya got?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Gilmer
    • Gladewater

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

What??? So far I have only seen one Gilmer fan in this fight of words my team is better than yours. 

Well back on subject

Gilmer 34

GW 35

Where as I believe Gilmer IS the better team, how much is the debate. Seems the Buckeyes always are in better conditioning and are more prepared than their opponent in the first game, but Gladewater has a really good team with quite a few returning. Coach Louvier and the Bears will want this one bad, so expect some tricks to come out. I think Gilmer will have a few tricks up their sleeve as well, but can they slow down the Bear run game? Can Gladewater slow down the Buckeye passing attack? Gilmer pulls away in the 4th, but agree, turnovers could be the key to this game. Gilmer’s “AllStar” coaching staff “could” be the difference 

Ok, here's some stats.

Gilmer leads the series 36-25 with 2 tied

First meeting- 1929. Gilmer 77  Bears 0

Last meeting- 2017 Gilmer 49 Bears 39

Between 1991-2017 Gilmer has dominated the series  24-2.

Between 1929-1990 Gladewater was ahead in series 23-12.

Gilmer has 5 shutouts- 1929  77-0, 1932  44-0,  1961  28-0,  1997  28-0, &  2004  42-0.

The Bears have shutout Gilmer 8 times-  1934 7-0,  1935 20-0, 1937 33-0, 1966 33-0, 1975 28-0, 1976 26-0, 1977 34-0, & 1986 34-0.

Closest game (not including ties) 1933 Gilmer won 13-12.

Highest point of margin was 77 points in Gilmer shutout of the Bears in 1929.

Most points in a game by both schools was 2009 that Gilmer won 67-12.

Total points scored in the series is Gilmer 1473 to the Bears 1180.

Gladewater's last win was a 20-14 overtime in 2001

The two ties were in 1971 20-20 & 1981 21-21.

9 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

I just hope I can get in 😂.  They need to go on and have this at Lobo.   I'll take gilmer by 7.  Yall quit being so hard on guru 

If it doesn’t get moved good luck lol

Jack V Murphy capacity - 5,000

Lobo Capacity - 9,212

2 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

We tried moving all our home games to another school and that school said no.

Yeah that could be an issue but you would think with the close relationships inside the GW/Longview program and the amount of revenue the last matchup at Longview brought in that it would be a no brainer for all schools involved. 

25 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Yeah that could be an issue but you would think with the close relationships inside the GW/Longview program and the amount of revenue the last matchup at Longview brought in that it would be a no brainer for all schools involved. 

Longview isn’t even able to practice then so you would think they would be all for hosting this game. 

13 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Longview isn’t even able to practice then so you would think they would be all for hosting this game. 

I’m sure another factor is if GW agrees to move it are they going to play at a neutral site next year. 

I’d be all for Pine Tree as well. 

I was looking back at the stats from that 2017 game and the game was actually really close. Both teams scored on every drive but one. The Bears were driving down the field right before the end of the 1st half but a penalty caused them to have to punt. Gilmer ran 2 plays and let the clock expire to end half. Next mistake by the Bears was their fumble on the kickoff opening the 2nd half giving the Buckeyes the ball on the Bear 17 yrd line. Both teams scored on all 2nd half possessions with Gilmer getting 3 TDs in the 2nd half and Gladewater 2 TDs and a 28 yrd FG.  The 1 lost fumble and 11 penalties hurt the Bears although Gladewater actually accumulated almost 100 more total yards. 

Is Gladewater okay with that, though? The home team decides on who can and cannot stream, as I understand it.

One guy supposedly in the know told me that Gilmer was going to use Vimeo for the livestream, although it would be using the same ETEX feed, but that ETEX would not be livestreaming over their access channel and that their feed would air the next day to all their cable subscribers as always.  He said the price to view the game live would be the same as a game ticket.

34 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

I was looking back at the stats from that 2017 game and the game was actually really close. Both teams scored on every drive but one. The Bears were driving down the field right before the end of the 1st half but a penalty caused them to have to punt. Gilmer ran 2 plays and let the clock expire to end half. Next mistake by the Bears was their fumble on the kickoff opening the 2nd half giving the Buckeyes the ball on the Bear 17 yrd line. Both teams scored on all 2nd half possessions with Gilmer getting 3 TDs in the 2nd half and Gladewater 2 TDs and a 28 yrd FG.  The 1 lost fumble and 11 penalties hurt the Bears although Gladewater actually accumulated almost 100 more total yards. 

Thanks for your time posting the history 😁

• Thanks 1

On 8/7/2020 at 1:21 PM, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

If the Bears play a clean game and don’t turn the ball over a lot, I’ll take Gladewater by 14. 

When was the last time you saw 'em play a clean game...if my memory is right, sometime in 1936...they always turn it over to the Bucs...especially when the pressure is on...2014 comes to mind

It's time for the Bucs & the Bears to start it  up this season

54 minutes ago, buckeyebob said:

When was the last time you saw 'em play a clean game...if my memory is right, sometime in 1936...they always turn it over to the Bucs...especially when the pressure is on...2014 comes to mind

It's time for the Bucs & the Bears to start it  up this season

You are right. They can be sloppy.