BearFan13

Who ya got?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Gilmer
    • Gladewater

This poll is closed to new votes

30 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I don’t hate tatum and I think they will have the newcomer of the yr in the Smith kid if he stays healthy.

Newcomer? He started as a freshman. 

I also have zero doubts that he will be the fastest player in district. 

On 8/12/2020 at 1:23 PM, GWBears01 said:

Kris Boyd was dynamic that game but you take Blake off the field and maybe you can focus more on Boyd 😁

maybe...

might of...

possibly...

I would've but...

I'd like to thought I could've but...

they did...

it's their fault...

all these things sound similar to me...excuses 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 8:23 AM, Maineman1988 said:

In Gilmer it may be a huge rival for us older fan’s, but to the kids now it’s really not a big deal. Haven’t played them in 2 years and in their memories gw has not ever been relevant.  I’d guess this game means more to gw than Gilmer. If Gilmer wins it’s just kinda the same ole deal. gw wins it’s a huge deal for them.  
For me I don’t want gw to win at anything unless they are playing sh 😂 

No, I think it's true...Gladewater has tried to become a relevant "little school" while Gilmer has grown bigger, in a smaller town...explain that Gladewater. You guys (G'water) have let your facilities get away from you it seems, from the Murph that looks haggard, to tennis courts that have and are sinking into the ground, to a HS that looked nice and yet you worry may be following those tennis courts. We were the biggest of rivals...the Battle of G Town. Yet someone stated it well, that to a younger player from Gilmer...you would see Pleasant Grove or Carthage as our East Texas rivals. The teams that they compete yearly for an opportunity to go to the state semi-final, state championship and win a state championship. That doesn't mean that no other team can or will knock them off, but as the main rival...those would be the teams that over the last decade that would have to be seen as big challengers. Henderson would be a very good team as well sometimes, but they have not had the consistency that the other three have had.

I do think Jonny will bring a better level back that potentially for them, they will hope will resemble Jeff Traylor at Gilmer. You never know. I think with the "classification spread" now with more champions...there is definitely more opportunity for supreme seasons. I'm not sure if that will ever translate to consistent wins against the Buckeyes because I think Alan Metzel will make Gilmer better this year along with improved QB play, etc...just overall less softness at critical times which I think will translate to a few more nice results. The growth Gilmer is still experiencing with the new HS, coaching staff and with the state COVID remote rules will make for an interesting season for sure. 

16 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

No, I think it's true...Gladewater has tried to become a relevant "little school" while Gilmer has grown bigger, in a smaller town...explain that Gladewater. You guys (G'water) have let your facilities get away from you it seems, from the Murph that looks haggard, to tennis courts that have and are sinking into the ground, to a HS that looked nice and yet you worry may be following those tennis courts. We were the biggest of rivals...the Battle of G Town. Yet someone stated it well, that to a younger player from Gilmer...you would see Pleasant Grove or Carthage as our East Texas rivals. The teams that they compete yearly for an opportunity to go to the state semi-final, state championship and win a state championship. That doesn't mean that no other team can or will knock them off, but as the main rival...those would be the teams that over the last decade that would have to be seen as big challengers. Henderson would be a very good team as well sometimes, but they have not had the consistency that the other three have had.

I do think Jonny will bring a better level back that potentially for them, they will hope will resemble Jeff Traylor at Gilmer. You never know. I think with the "classification spread" now with more champions...there is definitely more opportunity for supreme seasons. I'm not sure if that will ever translate to consistent wins against the Buckeyes because I think Alan Metzel will make Gilmer better this year along with improved QB play, etc...just overall less softness at critical times which I think will translate to a few more nice results. The growth Gilmer is still experiencing with the new HS, coaching staff and with the state COVID remote rules will make for an interesting season for sure. 

Lol. 

Jack V Murphy > Jeff Traylor Stadium.

yall do got a nice weight room though. 

• LOL! 1

Gilmer ISD is significantly larger in territory than Gladewater ISD and also has a higher population from which to draw students.

The moment in history when Gilmer's district ballooned in size was in 1968 when it absorbed East Mountain ISD in a bitterly-contested consolidation election.

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

maybe...

might of...

possibly...

I would've but...

I'd like to thought I could've but...

they did...

it's their fault...

all these things sound similar to me...excuses 

Lynch was the difference on that team. Without him Gilmer doesn’t win state. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Lynch was the difference on that team. Without him Gilmer doesn’t win state. 

Glad to know I’m not the only one that feels that way. That was a very talented team without him but he was a special player. You take him off the field and Gilmer would have been much easier to devise a scheme to stop. That’s not an excuse it is a fact !  Even still I believe Daylon got that first down and Gilmer should have been watching that state game from home 😁