BearFan13

Who ya got?   

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Gilmer
    • Gladewater

This poll is closed to new votes

5 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

Then you know everything. Watching that Mineola game should give you all the knowledge you need. SMH

Yea I was thinking maybe they see something I don’t see and nope y’all are who we thought y’all were. It’s gonna be nice getting to spank our little brothers from down the street 🤜🏼

8 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Yea I was thinking maybe they see something I don’t see and nope y’all are who we thought y’all were. It’s gonna be nice getting to spank our little brothers from down the street 🤜🏼

You mean you watched that whole Mineola game and you still don't know why we are so optimistic about beating Gilmer this year? I can't believe you don't see it. It's right there in front of you. We've handed the secret to you on a silver platter. 

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

You mean you watched that whole Mineola game and you still don't know why we are so optimistic about beating Gilmer this year? I can't believe you don't see it. It's right there in front of you. We've handed the secret to you on a silver platter. 

Hahaha man mineola was 🗑 I promise you that gladewater hasn’t played anyone like us on their schedule but we will see in two weeks hopefully all the kids on both sides stays healthy and are able to compete 

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Hahaha man mineola was 🗑 I promise you that gladewater hasn’t played anyone like us on their schedule but we will see in two weeks hopefully all the kids on both sides stays healthy and are able to compete 

That would be true since we haven't played anyone yet. 😂

8 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man just finished watching y’all game against mineola smh yea I stand on my 21 

😂😂😂 Great assessment. That team was full of sophomores and had growing pains here and there. We will see how you feel next week. I’m sure that XFL coach got y’all ready 😂

30 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

😂😂😂 Great assessment. That team was full of sophomores and had growing pains here and there. We will see how you feel next week. I’m sure that XFL coach got y’all ready 😂

So if y’all were full of sophomores and we were full of Jrs and sophomores u don’t think we improved lol 

9 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

So if y’all were full of sophomores and we were full of Jrs and sophomores u don’t think we improved lol 

lol, right.  Gilmer has a white kid who has supposedly been getting reps at running back.  He's a jr but was on the team last year just at different positions.

6 minutes ago, StangtilDeath said:

lol, right.  Gilmer has a white kid who has supposedly been getting reps at running back.  He's a jr but was on the team last year just at different positions.

Yes, and also we want have no QB switching this yr that will help tons but we return a bunch of kids from last yr that got a lot of reps that went 4 rounds and got beat by the state champs. Heck 3 of our loses came from state champs lol 

2 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

And they beat a team full of Soph and Jrs, so what u think a more experienced team is going to do lol 

Doesn’t always work that way. They struggled with Winny, WR and even us but still managed to get rolling. But I get what you’re saying though. Should be a good game. Hopefully it’s streamed. 

9 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Doesn’t always work that way. They struggled with Winny, WR and even us but still managed to get rolling. But I get what you’re saying though. Should be a good game. Hopefully it’s streamed. 

They are making meeting today to make a decision on tickets and all of that today so should be able to let people know if it will be streamed or not. 

2 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

That’s where reading comprehension comes in. Go back and read every post I’ve made and tell me where I’ve said 1. That Gilmer hasn’t improved. 2. That we will win the game. 

What I’ve said is that we have a talented team and will have a chance in this game. I think it’s arrogant and silly to suggest this will be a 21 point game in either direction. Guess we will see on the 27th. 

7 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

That’s where reading comprehension comes in. Go back and read every post I’ve made and tell me where I’ve said 1. That Gilmer hasn’t improved. 2. That we will win the game. 

What I’ve said is that we have a talented team and will have a chance in this game. I think it’s arrogant and silly to suggest this will be a 21 point game in either direction. Guess we will see on the 27th. 

Why does it have to be arrogant for me to say by 21 if I really see it that way, does it mean that y’all don’t have a good team no it doesn’t I just think that the game in talent is that much different.

1 minute ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Why does it have to be arrogant for me to say by 21 if I really see it that way, does it mean that y’all don’t have a good team no it doesn’t I just think that the game in talent is that much different.

In my mind 21 points is a blow out. Things will have to go wrong (turnovers) for this game to be a blow out. There have been MANY Gilmer/Gladewater games where the talent difference has been really lopsided in Gilmer’s favor and those games didn’t end with a 21 point deficit. Where I think Gilmer has an advantage is depth. I would line our skill players up against Gilmer and argue there isn’t much of any difference. The difference may be that some of ours will go both ways. I hope the Gilmer players feel as confident as you and think it will be a walk in the park. A little more than a week and we will find out 😁

36 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Also I know you guys like to bring up we had to drop in order to be “relevant”. Here are the enrollment numbers:

Gilmer 688

Gladewater 474

The extra 214 kids might have something to do with the difference in depth. 

I still expect us to give Gilmer all they want and then some !

20 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Not sure where you get y'all have more talent. We haven't played the last two years so most of these players haven't even been on the same field with Gilmer, and please don't say you are "seeing it that way" because of game film of Bears playing Mineola. 

Bottom line is it's hard to evaluate either team before they've stepped on the field this year. If you want to get a glimpse of the talent Gladewater has go watch the playoff games. They will give you a better indication of what the Bears bring back. Any game before White Oak (including Mineola) won't tell you anything. Injuries plus other things were keeping us from getting the right people in the right positions to utilize the talent we have. Add to that we have a new head coach who I can probably guess won't run the same offense that you saw on the Mineola film. We may be unlike any Bear team you've ever seen. This could be a new era. We might have seen the last of the Gladewater "ground and pound". 

11 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Next Thursday can’t come soon enough.