Winnsboro vs. Paul Pewitt 8/28 @ Mt Pleasant

chevyman

9 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Bump🙄

Pretty quite isnt it? I think its going to be an exciting game. Will probably have more insight after tonights scrimmage even though its going to be very vanilla. Hope everyone stays healthy so we can have a battle next week.

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

Pretty quite isnt it? I think its going to be an exciting game. Will probably have more insight after tonights scrimmage even though its going to be very vanilla. Hope everyone stays healthy so we can have a battle next week.

Where and what time are ya'll scrimmaging?

2 hours ago, TTman7 said:

My understanding is Winny has a pretty good QB. He's an all-around QB...both good pass & runner. Is that correct? 

We used 2 qbs most of last year. Both can pass pretty well. One is a little better runner than the other. Our offense now is mostly predicated on the qb not having to do much running in contrast to years past with the option, the qb ran much more. We have a stable of good players in the backfield that do the heavy lifting in the run game so the qb is mostly tasked with getting those guys the ball.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, chevyman said:

We used 2 qbs most of last year. Both can pass pretty well. One is a little better runner than the other. Our offense now is mostly predicated on the qb not having to do much running in contrast to years past with the option, the qb ran much more. We have a stable of good players in the backfield that do the heavy lifting in the run game so the qb is mostly tasked with getting those guys the ball.

Which QB converts the 4th and long pass best?  I’d make him the starter given how Finney rolls the dice.  He is like a young Surratt in that regard. 😁

4 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Which QB converts the 4th and long pass best?  I’d make him the starter given how Finney rolls the dice.  He is like a young Surratt in that regard. 😁

If they are behind, they have to go for it on fourth downs. Their style of offense takes too much time off the clock for them to play catch up. 

10 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

If we are in that position we are already behind the 8 ball. Our bread and butter is staying ahead of the chains gaining very positive yardage on 1st down. If we ever go backwards on 1st down, we usually have a harder time being successful. 

• Like 1

Watched some of the PP/Commerce scrimmage film. PP has some great looking kids. First observation was how fast Johnson is. He will need to be a point of focus for sure. FB looked solid too. Obviously the o-line is stout. Will be a big challenge for the Raiders but exactly the kind of competition that will be needed to get ready for what is down the road

So I plan on watching this game ,and then trying to watch the second half of another game!!! lol  Who is playing close to Mt Pleasant on Friday?

It is sorta of weird watching the last year of high school football. Most seem to think that things will go back to normal, but it will not. At least we can watch one more old skool football game. 

Enjoy it while you got it and realize it can be taken away in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1