1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Harmony   

41 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Harmony

• Eagles
    • Jackets

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

You would be surprised at the speed EF has. EF's defense is just as good as Tatum's in my opinion. I did watch the Harmony/Tatum scrimmage so I am not just pulling something out of my hind end. EF will get enough stops. The difference will be if EF can cut out the mistakes they had on offense. They stopped themselves at least 6 times in the scrimmage. 4 INTS, 1 lost fumble, 1 penalty. 

I agree, I wish we had one more tune up scrimmage tho, but I like what I saw from the Jefferson scrimmage to give us the dub.

• Like 1

If EF can keep their mental errors to a minimum and play to their potential they should have no issues. I feel like I'm being conservative here but, EF by 7. I wanna see them set the tone early defensively. If you win the toss, defer to the second half. A 3 and out or a short lived opening offensive drive for Harmony, would take some fight out'em.

• Like 4

No disrespect to Harmony, but I feel this game is gonna be like it was last yr by halftime with a big lead for the Jackets, difference is, the Jackets will finish the game off strong without letting the lead slip away and hanging on by a thread to win like they did last yr.

• Like 3

On 8/23/2020 at 3:40 PM, DeBerryJacket said:

You would be surprised at the speed EF has. EF's defense is just as good as Tatum's in my opinion. I did watch the Harmony/Tatum scrimmage so I am not just pulling something out of my hind end. EF will get enough stops. The difference will be if EF can cut out the mistakes they had on offense. They stopped themselves at least 6 times in the scrimmage. 4 INTS, 1 lost fumble, 1 penalty. 

If your defense is really "as good" as ours, you'll still struggle if y'all are gonna throw 4 INTs a game lol. Throw just one against Harmony and you lose 10 minutes of clock lol. In all seriousness.....i hope your defense is as good as ours But our 9 returning starters, which was missing it's 3 year starting star LB, did quite well when the 1s were on the field. If yall's D is that solid......i expect some shutouts. Harmony should be your 1st. So, offensively, 3 or 4 INTs, plus a fumble or 2. Y'all should win 7-0 or so huh?

On 8/25/2020 at 7:32 AM, Eagle8 said:

If your defense is really "as good" as ours, you'll still struggle if y'all are gonna throw 4 INTs a game lol. Throw just one against Harmony and you lose 10 minutes of clock lol. In all seriousness.....i hope your defense is as good as ours But our 9 returning starters, which was missing it's 3 year starting star LB, did quite well when the 1s were on the field. If yall's D is that solid......i expect some shutouts. Harmony should be your 1st. S

50181FF1-5FC7-40AC-9C87-4CB8883A8AFE.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

I was almost on the money if we leave our normal Def on field 😂  should of ended 34-12 but good reps for the youngsters. 

I watched the game on YouTube, EF definitely has the better team, I think Ford showed just enough to get the win, I hope #11 & #17 will be ok, good thing we have depth this yr.

• Like 1

EF played well for their first outing. I liked how they moved the ball with the run mostly. Must cut those turnovers out though. EF will not survive against a talented team handing the ball over like that. The D...I was impressed! Made some big stops against a physical offense. Especially that muffed punt deep in their own territory. Showed some guts right there!  EF did some hitting too!  Happy to see that physicality!  Finally figured out that little bootleg play they ran at the end of the game and not a moment too soon. That play was eating us alive majority of the night. When you relegate a run team to passing the football, you must take advantage of that!  Future looks bright if we can cut out those turnovers. GO JACKETS!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I watched the game on YouTube, EF definitely has the better team, I think Ford showed just enough to get the win, I hope #11 & #17 will be ok, good thing we have depth this yr.

11 looked like a high ankle sprain and 17 had his arm in a sling not sure how bad either of them are hurt but neither need to play next week. 

• Like 2