Nacogdoches VS Greenville

nacdragon07

Greenville will make the 2 hour drive to Nacogdoches to play the Dragons for the first time ever. Allman looks to have a better season in year 2 at the helm. I believe that we will win this one. The kids know the system and should are hungry to earn a playoff spot.

This game will be played September 25th in Nac. These two teams have never played before. This is a replacement game Greenville was originally scheduled to play 4a Tyler Chapel Hill and Nac. was scheduled to play 4a-Kilgore.

Greenville is coming off their first winning season since 2009-made the playoffs and lost to Frisco in the bi-district round.

Nac is coming off a disappointing season being picked by many to compete for a top 4 spot in the district before finishing 6th.

Nac struggled with turnovers and mistakes in key areas of every game. Nac was competitive in every game going into the 4th qtr with the exception of 2. Learning to win close games is part of trying to change 50 years of a losing culture. Improvement in discipline both in penalties and work ethic were very noticeable last year and is encouraging going forward.  

I am ready for some football and I hope we get to start the season.

32 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

This game will be played September 25th in Nac. These two teams have never played before. This is a replacement game Greenville was originally scheduled to play 4a Tyler Chapel Hill and Nac. was scheduled to play 4a-Kilgore.

Greenville is coming off their first winning season since 2009-made the playoffs and lost to Frisco in the bi-district round.

Nac is coming off a disappointing season being picked by many to compete for a top 4 spot in the district before finishing 6th.

Nac struggled with turnovers and mistakes in key areas of every game. Nac was competitive in every game going into the 4th qtr with the exception of 2. Learning to win close games is part of trying to change 50 years of a losing culture. Improvement in discipline both in penalties and work ethic were very noticeable last year and is encouraging going forward.  

I am ready for some football and I hope we get to start the season.

Who wins this one ?

2 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

Who wins this one ?

TBH I don't think I will be able to make that prediction until after the scrimmage With Tyler Legacy on Sept 17th.

I need to see how we replaced our line and who we decided on at QB. Our running game, receivers and defense are pretty stacked. 

I don't know what Greenville will have but with the exception of Lufkin and Marshall no one else was just head and shoulders better than us last year.

Greenville traditionally gave us a tough game to start, but their depth would betray them into a big loss.  Loaded with athletes. 

Nac always seemed to shoot themselves in the foot.   Also loaded with athletes.  Constantly learning new systems can’t be easy. 

I expect a good competitive game. I think Nac will have a numbers advantage over Greenville. Plus playing at home (in theory) Nac has the advantage. 

Ill take Nac.... but wouldn’t be shocked to see Greenville win. 

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Greenville traditionally gave us a tough game to start, but their depth would betray them into a big loss.  Loaded with athletes. 

Nac always seemed to shoot themselves in the foot.   Also loaded with athletes.  Constantly learning new systems can’t be easy. 

I expect a good competitive game. I think Nac will have a numbers advantage over Greenville. Plus playing at home (in theory) Nac has the advantage. 

Ill take Nac.... but wouldn’t be shocked to see Greenville win. 

You would think playing at home should be good but, we’ve struggled at home. We are replacing basically the whole O-line and breaking in a new Starting QB with limited playing time on Varsity. We shall see it’s been a while since we opened up the season against someone else that’s not Kilgore.

52 minutes ago, alyssaB said:

Princeton had a schedule change too on the same date. It would have been (better) closer for Greenville and Princeton to play. Princeton is now going to play Pine Tree there instead of Irving Nimitz. I don't know what happened. 

Yeah now they got a two hour drive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

What was Greenville’s record a year ago ?

6-5 according to Maxpreps. They're definitely better than what they were when they were in the East Texas district.

But still, if Nac is looking to take that next step of making the post season etc, this is a team they should be beating. I have no idea what they have returning off that squad from last year.

@Greenville would be able to help ya on that.

22 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

6-5 according to Maxpreps. They're definitely better than what they were when they were in the East Texas district.

But still, if Nac is looking to take that next step of making the post season etc, this is a team they should be beating. I have no idea what they have returning off that squad from last year.

@Greenville would be able to help ya on that.

Greenville returns 9 offensive starters. Including all 3 starting receivers and QB. Defense is what will be the key to their season based on DCTF. 6 starters returning but lost leading tackler. Top 2 receivers run 4.4 40’s. 

• Like 1