Fall sports could potentially be canceled

I wouldn't doubt if it happens.  I know the ratings are down for MLB and the NBA, and I wonder how much the NFL is going to suffer.  They should take a hard look at the justice warriors of both those leagues, and do the exact opposite.  I think even their ratings will lag.  Who benefits ?  From what I'm hearing Netflix.  

12 hours ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Yes this ! NCAA already has caved and allowed the SJW messages on the uniforms. A&M and Texas have already seen some backlash from the demands of change . NCAA has a opportunity to bring the fans together because most folks actually take pride in the country they live in.

Just curious but what changes did aTm make?

8 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Same as Texas , nothing  but some players namely Mond the QB were against the sully statue. Mond also isn’t held in high regard from many in College Station because of it and some other remarks. 

Same as Texas but you listed nothing.  What’d they change?

24 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Neither did

Texas renamed buildings, renamed Joe Jamail Field to Campbell-Williams field in honor of the two Heisman winners, Earl and Ricky.  That was done from the suggestion of the Jamail family.  A statue of the first black athlete For UT is being  Erected as well.   Those are the visible changes that were made.  

Same as Texas?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Ship the Power 5 teams over there and let’s call it good.

I wonder if they really stopped testing.....

Also wasn't it NZ the place that went a few months with no new cases before, made national news for it, then started having cases again and we didn't hear from them months after? Or was it Australia? I get confused when it comes to those 2 concerning covid-19. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I wonder if they really stopped testing.....

Also wasn't it NZ the place that went a few months with no new cases before, made national news for it, then started having cases again and we didn't hear from them months after? Or was it Australia? I get confused when it comes to those 2 concerning covid-19. 🤷🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

It’s easy for New Zeland, they’re an island nation with 1 international airport and a population the size of Maryland. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

It’s almost for certain we will have Spring Football .

I don’t see spring football being possible and you’d likely have a lot more NFL eligible players opt out. 

For spring football to work:

Bring players back in January (height of flu season) let them prep for a month. 

February begin a 10 game schedule for 12 weeks. (Here I’m assuming it would be conference only and 2 off weeks for each team)

Conference Championships end of April/first of May.

4 team Playoffs starts 2nd/3rd week of May with the national championship being played the end of May. 

Then players coming back will have to report for summer workouts in July to begin normal scheduling for the next season. 

16 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

I don’t see spring football being possible and you’d likely have a lot more NFL eligible players opt out. 

For spring football to work:

Bring players back in January (height of flu season) let them prep for a month. 

February begin a 10 game schedule for 12 weeks. (Here I’m assuming it would be conference only and 2 off weeks for each team)

Conference Championships end of April/first of May.

4 team Playoffs starts 2nd/3rd week of May with the national championship being played the end of May. 

Then players coming back will have to report for summer workouts in July to begin normal scheduling for the next season. 

I think you just have to cut the post season completely if you have a spring schedule. 

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I think you just have to cut the post season completely if you have a spring schedule. 

That’s probably the only way a spring season could work. End the season in April and that takes the place of spring ball. That would still be tough on NFL prospects but maybe the draft/process could be moved back a few weeks. 

I think Nebraska coach Scott Frost made a good point...the virus is everywhere. Would the student athletes really be safer "back home" than on campus with the testing and safe guards put in place at the big time programs? With that said...I do not expect football before the fall of 2021 (at best). Spring football is a bad idea imo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

PAC 12, Big 10 cancel fall seasons.

I can see some of those teams playing possibly in other Conferences to fill schedules.  It will be a nightmare though.  Then again I haven't checked on hotel/motel capacity, but I think that is very low at the present time.  I know Hawaii won't be playing, because they have a 14 day quarantine for anyone  that enters there state.  I believe it's still the same for New York.  I don't know if they could find a Conference to play in within a month plus arrange all travel arrangements and food.  I expect that if the NCAA doesn't play that there will not be any High School football in Texas.  

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I think this has more to with keeping the “amateurism” in the sport than fear of the virus. 

A players association could come out of this. The super conferences. This thing could have far reaching repercussions than just illness and cover their butts from lawsuits.

4 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I think this has more to with keeping the “amateurism” in the sport than fear of the virus. 

There was a tweet about that the other day. The players are voicing their opinion and using their leverage. Leagues are willing to shut down to keep the players "amateurs" and hold on to their power.

Side note: Chances of a Nebraska/Big 12 reunion for a season?

• Like 1