Mavchamp

New Caney Vs. Marshall  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• New Caney by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • New Caney in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

New Caney - Coach: Travis Reeve. Lettermen R/L: 23/27. Starters returning O/D: 4/8. 2019: 10-1 bi-district finalist/7-0 district. Key losses: Zion Childress (Texas State).

Players to watch: LB Derrick Harris (6-3, 230, 4.6), RB/DB Cale Sanders (6-0, 185, 4.5), WR/DB D’Juan Grant (5-11, 170, 4.5), OL John Cantrell (6-3, 245), TE/DE Cameron Cooper (6-3, 240). Top juniors: LB Kenny Williams (5-9, 190, 4.6), RB/LB Anthony Robles (5-11, 180, 4.5). Top sophomore: RB/DB Kendrick Reescano (6-0, 185, 4.5).

Other prospects: QB Jaydon Tutwiler, WR/DB Billy Williams, WR Orian Wormley, DT Rudolpho Mayorquin, DL Hector Guadardo, TE/DE Tyler Trout, WR/DB D’Angelo Pearson, OL/DL Chris Moore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0L8G4DCVSs&feature=emb_logo

On 9/20/2020 at 4:19 PM, Aledo said:

Kinda strange yall would copy the  ''We Are" from Marshall University. Though high schools copy images and phrases from college and pro teams. 

Doesn’t seem strange to me. 

Most high school fight songs, hand gestures, logos, traditions etc etc are based from college teams. 

I could be wrong... but we’ve been using that chant/cheer since before the movie. 

MJHS 7th grade White beat Hallsville 6-2 to improve to (1-1) on the season.  

MJHS 7th grade Red beat Hallsville 36-6 to improve to (2-0) on the season. They have outscored their opponents 78-22.  

MJHS 8th grade teams will host Pine Tree tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

Jerry's Pigskin Prep picks Marshall by 10

Kinda shocked by the prediction.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the final score on this one, considering NC is in our district. Most people are down on New Caney this season for some reason. I guess with the Qb gone. But they bring back a lot of guys on defense that was very good last season. That program still has a lot of talent in it from what I’ve heard and read online. I think they still could be a darkhorse for the district crown and region, if they play well and come out with the victory in this one. I like Marshall but not sure why so many people are down on NC and picking against them in this one, especially by double digits. 

27 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Kinda shocked by the prediction.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the final score on this one, considering NC is in our district. Most people are down on New Caney this season for some reason. I guess with the Qb gone. But they bring back a lot of guys on defense that was very good last season. That program still has a lot of talent in it from what I’ve heard and read online. I think they still could be a darkhorse for the district crown and region, if they play well and come out with the victory in this one. I like Marshall but not sure why so many people are down on NC and picking against them in this one, especially by double digits. 

Teams like Texas High and New Caney....I truly dont understand why people are so down on them.

I get it, they loss key offensive pieces from a year ago but that defense is a whole different story.

I dont have a score, but NC wins this one.

• Like 1

We got a lot to prove not only to ourselves....but to everyone else too.  Not just Marshall, but this district as a whole.

I think the district is the best we've seen since 2015.  Texarkana has high expectations.... is state ranked.  Marshall has high expectations and is state ranked.  Pine Tree might be fielding their best team in 20-25 years.  Whitehouse has become an annual playoff team...... they got a very fortunate  playoff match up last year that lead to a playoff win.

2015 was the last time I remember 3-4 teams being considered district title contenders. 

This week's game hinges on the QB play for Marshall IMHO.

If we get a poised performance from the QB.... I think we win.  If we don't..... NC wins.

The Mav defense.... IMHO.... is good enough to keep us in the game as long as the offense isn't putting them in dire situations via interceptions, fumbles, and giving a short field to the opposition. 

I don't think we need to pass for 300 yards to win.  Be balanced.... efficient... let the QB get a lay of the land.  Nothing too flashy.  I like our chances.

But if our offense turns it over.... and gives NC a short field a couple of times..... then gotta take the Eagles. 

We shall see.

GO MAVS GO!

4 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

We got a lot to prove not only to ourselves....but to everyone else too.  Not just Marshall, but this district as a whole.

I think the district is the best we've seen since 2015.  Texarkana has high expectations.... is state ranked.  Marshall has high expectations and is state ranked.  Pine Tree might be fielding their best team in 20-25 years.  Whitehouse has become an annual playoff team...... they got a very fortunate  playoff match up last year that lead to a playoff win.

2015 was the last time I remember 3-4 teams being considered district title contenders. 

This week's game hinges on the QB play for Marshall IMHO.

If we get a poised performance from the QB.... I think we win.  If we don't..... NC wins.

The Mav defense.... IMHO.... is good enough to keep us in the game as long as the offense isn't putting them in dire situations via interceptions, fumbles, and giving a short field to the opposition. 

I don't think we need to pass for 300 yards to win.  Be balanced.... efficient... let the QB get a lay of the land.  Nothing too flashy.  I like our chances.

But if our offense turns it over.... and gives NC a short field a couple of times..... then gotta take the Eagles. 

We shall see.

GO MAVS GO!

I don't see 3-4 teams in this district as legit picks for the district championship.....IMO it's Texas High / Marshall as clear favorites, and PT / Whitehouse / Nac  / COVID as dark horses.....hopefully COVID gets shut out. 

20 minutes ago, OakRidgeMav said:

I don't see 3-4 teams in this district as legit picks for the district championship.....IMO it's Texas High / Marshall as clear favorites, and PT / Whitehouse / Nac  / COVID as dark horses.....hopefully COVID gets shut out. 

Don’t sleep on PT.  They are going to be a handful 

Give me Marshall in this one, by two touchdowns.  New Caney is losing a lot through graduation and transfer.  Add in the fact that they are making a long drive, under a new system, with no spring time and I think Marshall will win comfortably.  As long as Marshall doesn't make too many mistakes I think they will prove that they are the better team.  My guess is by the end of the season New Caney isn't in the post-season.  They have reaped the benefits the past two years of being in a district with HISD schools.  That is no more with Lufkin, College Station, and the Magnolia schools all waiting on them come district.  Marshall gets a much needed early win and gets ready to defend their district title.

Really kinda surprised how few tickets are being sold for this game. Not going to be many people there looks like. They were offering 1500 tickets for the home side. Monday the players and support groups got first dibs. Then general public starting Tuesday morning. But misd posted on facebook this morning there were still 700 available.

32 minutes ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Really kinda surprised how few tickets are being sold for this game. Not going to be many people there looks like. They were offering 1500 tickets for the home side. Monday the players and support groups got first dibs. Then general public starting Tuesday morning. But misd posted on facebook this morning there were still 700 available.

I’ve yet to be at a game with a good crowd this season.   Even Henderson/Gilmer was poorly attended. 

None of them have even approached 50%.  I’d guesstimate 25-30% has been the norm for the 3 games I’ve been to.  

I think the combination of online ticketing, masking, uncertainty of the season being completed, Covid, and general malaise in the citizenry of the country is to blame. 

2 hours ago, The Real Mavfan said:

Yeah, I bought tickets this morning, and it looked like there were still quite a few available.....surprised me as well.