Mavchamp

New Caney Vs. Marshall  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• New Caney by a little
    • Marshall by a little
    • New Caney in a blowout
    • Marshall in a blowout

Ive been impressed with Burris at qb so far. Hes made some good throws and some good decision making throwing it away a couple times. I would like to see Lyrick Rawls play some offense. Hes too good of an athlete to be on the sidelines. The Williams pair have looked good running the ball. It seems like the defense may have settled down some and figured them out a little bit. Should be a good 2nd half.

Tex High 41 Tyler 21 F
New Caney 13 Marshall 17 H
Princeton 24 Pine Tree 34 H
Wylie East 0 Mt Pleasant 6 H
Forney 7 Whitehouse 18 H
Cleburne 21 Hallsville 7 H 
Crandall 7 Jacksonville 12 H 
Nacogdoches Cx for Covid-19

Who gets player of the game? 

Several fantastic performances. 

Dom Williams was a beast at RB.  NC couldn’t stop him.  Had some outstanding runs  The fumbles can be corrected.  Had 2 I think.  Lost one.  

QB Brent Burris has an outstanding night. completed some really tough passes.  Had some good ones dropped. Only really had 1-2 that were face-palm throws.  Knew when to throw it away.  

Buchanan was unconscious kicking. most of them were past the endzone. Hit a couple of coffin corners.   Perfect on PATs.  TBH.... if we would have had a timeout just before halftime... I think he would have nailed it.  We simply didn’t have the time to get it set up.  

Defense bent a few times. But they made of crucial stops and forced a couple of turnovers.  Outstanding most of the game minus that 99 yard drive to open the 3rd. Can’t blame one of the scores on the defense because an INT set that one up.  

Need to work I’m wrapping up and finishing the tackle. potentiometer is there for this defense to be special.   

Not really worth it to talk about the offsides.  You expect that in game 1 of the season. 

Lots to work on.  But the potential is exciting.   A great win tonight by Marshall. 

21 minutes ago, LightningEagle said:

Good game Mav’s . NC has some work to do. Your new QB played pretty well. NC QB needs to get some experience under him in a short time.

Yalls QB is very shifty.  He’s going to be a beast!

Best of luck to NC the rest of the way! 

27 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Who gets player of the game? 

Several fantastic performances. 

Dom Williams was a beast at RB.  NC couldn’t stop him.  Had some outstanding runs  The fumbles can be corrected.  Had 2 I think.  Lost one.  

QB Brent Burris has an outstanding night. completed some really tough passes.  Had some good ones dropped. Only really had 1-2 that were face-palm throws.  Knew when to throw it away.  

Buchanan was unconscious kicking. most of them were past the endzone. Hit a couple of coffin corners.   Perfect on PATs.  TBH.... if we would have had a timeout just before halftime... I think he would have nailed it.  We simply didn’t have the time to get it set up.  

Defense bent a few times. But they made of crucial stops and forced a couple of turnovers.  Outstanding most of the game minus that 99 yard drive to open the 3rd. Can’t blame one of the scores on the defense because an INT set that one up.  

Need to work I’m wrapping up and finishing the tackle. potentiometer is there for this defense to be special.   

Not really worth it to talk about the offsides.  You expect that in game 1 of the season. 

Lots to work on.  But the potential is exciting.   A great win tonight by Marshall. 

Not only the offsides, but the personal foul penalties hurt.....I believe there were three......as you said, this can be corrected......bottom line, a nice win over a very good NC team......

Couple of stats for the Mavs:

371 total yards 

211  passing and 164 passing

Burris was 14-30 for 211. 0 TD 1 INT

Dom Williams has 137 yards on 20 carries and 4 catches for 132 for 269 yards and 2 TDs. 

DD Williams had 32 yards on 5 carries. Also 40 yards receiving with 5 receptions.  

Kelehan 37 yards with 3 catches

———-

Burris had about as good of a first varsity start you can have.  He had several fantastic passes that were flat out dropped.

Need to diversify the running game.  People will key in on Dom. We have the horses to do it.  

120 Yard’s in penalties. Ouch.  I realize it was the first game. That’ll get better.

Tackling was an issue. We were in position. Made contact. But wasn’t completing the tackle. Credit to NCs running back. He’s legit. 

Buchanan might be the best kicker we’ve had since Ryan Spears. Un. Be. Lievable. 

Fantastic team effort and win.  Lots to work on.  Every issue I think is correctable.  

Kudos to the coaches for the game plan. 

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Good win . Very good in a way where Marshall gets it swagger back. Unfortunately you know who is  😤 right now. This was a good win for the program.

If I’ve learned anything over the last 20-plus years.... a win or a loss to Longview historically has no bearing on our season. 

We've beat them when they were state ranked and we missed the playoffs (1998). We’ve been beat down by them and advanced to state championships (2004, 2005). 

Sure.... we want to win.  It’s about pride, history, etc.  But it has little to effect on our season. Esp in non-district. 

• Like 1