Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Russia Wants Trump To Win, Again.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Politico, lol I’m sure they know a lot about farmers. This is too funny

You could make a case that one wants competence and stability and not someone fixated on trade wars as policy and Tik Tok, and the other wants a continued patsy and apologist and one who capitulates. 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

 the Spanish Flu was ended by World War II and that there were airports during the American Revolution, and that there were 'good people on both sides' in Charlottesville. 

1. The Spanish Flu comment was probably a misspeak. Isn't that what Democrats said when Obama said he visited 57 states?

2. Likely also a mis-speak. I don't know. He did say that, though.

3. Quote taken out of context by the media. Have you seen the full clip where he actually did denounce the white supremacists there? No? Here. I'll provide you with full context, using a site I think you would approve of:

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

And bankrupt casinos and have a fraud university and be sued 2500 times for non payment and steal from his own 'charity' and hide his taxes, so your figure is unverifiable and more than likely one of the 20000 lies Trump has told. But, the idiot part is that he thinks the Spanish Flu was ended by World War II and that there were airports during the American Revolution, and that there were 'good people on both sides' in Charlottesville. 

MV5BNTAzMDI5MzgtMGNkMC00MzllLWJhNjctNjA1NmViNGUxMzYxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@.jpg.c0d13f9165099b7983e411b98e609961.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monte1076 said:

1. The Spanish Flu comment was probably a misspeak. Isn't that what Democrats said when Obama said he visited 57 states?

2. Likely also a mis-speak. I don't know. He did say that, though.

3. Quote taken out of context by the media. Have you seen the full clip where he actually did denounce the white supremacists there? No? Here. I'll provide you with full context, using a site I think you would approve of:

https://www.politifact.com/article/2019/apr/26/context-trumps-very-fine-people-both-sides-remarks/

Those were just three off the top of my head. He has ZIP knowledge of history, really, and he refuses to read or study information given to him, and he is a simplistic, unthinking carnival barker that flies by the seat of his pants to make decisions or to say things, erring on the side of raw emotion and 'red meat'. He is not fit for his office. 

  • Roll Eyes 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Those were just three off the top of my head. He has ZIP knowledge of history, really, and he refuses to read or study information given to him, and he is a simplistic, unthinking carnival barker that flies by the seat of his pants to make decisions or to say things, erring on the side of raw emotion and 'red meat'. He is not fit for his office. 

The same holds true for this opponent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Those were just three off the top of my head. He has ZIP knowledge of history, really, and he refuses to read or study information given to him, and he is a simplistic, unthinking carnival barker that flies by the seat of his pants to make decisions or to say things, erring on the side of raw emotion and 'red meat'. He is not fit for his office. 

What of the comparisons I made? Did Obama misspeak when he said he visited 57 states, or does he not know how many we have? Obama can misspeak, but Trump can't? Is that how this works? What about Biden? Can he misspeak? Can only Democrats and those you agree with misspeak? And how do you differentiate between misspeaking, not knowing, and lying?

And I would love to see what you think about the full context of #3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Monte1076 said:

And I would love to see what you think about the full context of #3.

The full context of #3 is that he has continuously doubled down on that statement by trying to derail the base renamings, by defending the Rebel flag, by refusing to disavow white supremacists who support him, by making racist statements himself. People know that he is either pandering to racists and dog whistling to get their vote OR he is a clear cut racist. I think there may be a case for both categories. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

The full context of #3 is that he has continuously doubled down on that statement by trying to derail the base renamings, by defending the Rebel flag, by refusing to disavow white supremacists who support him, by making racist statements himself. People know that he is either pandering to racists and dog whistling to get their vote OR he is a clear cut racist. I think there may be a case for both categories. 

I posted the full context of the statement as he made it. Did you read it or do I need to post it here?

Again, I'm just trying to establish where you are vis-a-vis what Republicans say vs what Democrats say. If it's not OK for Republicans to lie, I would hope you would also think it's not OK for Democrats to lie. Like I do. How forgiving are you toward Republicans vs Democrats?

But let me ask you this: What do you consider a "very fine person"? I'm curious to know. Can a "very fine person" disagree with you?

Here's the relevant part of the transcript I linked to above:

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Reporter: "George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same."

Trump: "George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?"

Reporter: "I do love Thomas Jefferson."

Trump: "Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

"Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

--------------------------------

There you go.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I posted the full context of the statement as he made it. Did you read it or do I need to post it here?

Again, I'm just trying to establish where you are vis-a-vis what Republicans say vs what Democrats say. If it's not OK for Republicans to lie, I would hope you would also think it's not OK for Democrats to lie. Like I do. How forgiving are you toward Republicans vs Democrats?

But let me ask you this: What do you consider a "very fine person"? I'm curious to know. Can a "very fine person" disagree with you?

Here's the relevant part of the transcript I linked to above:

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

Reporter: "George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same."

Trump: "George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?"

Reporter: "I do love Thomas Jefferson."

Trump: "Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?

"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

"Now, in the other group also, you had some fine people. But you also had troublemakers, and you see them come with the black outfits and with the helmets, and with the baseball bats. You had a lot of bad people in the other group."

--------------------------------

There you go.

🦗🦗🦗

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

🦗🦗🦗

Barry’s MO, get proved wrong and then he just stops responding. It has to hurt some that he is fed these lies and believes them to be true only to find out the media he trusts, lies to him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Barry’s MO, get proved wrong and then he just stops responding. It has to hurt some that he is fed these lies and believes them to be true only to find out the media he trusts, lies to him.

He never believes anyone who tries to tell him the unvarnished truth.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...