Trump on Being Added to Mount Rushmore:... ‘Sounds Like a Good Idea to Me’.....

Wild74

breitbart ^ | 8/10/2020 | CHARLIE SPIERING

Trump denied Sunday a report he seriously proposed he be added to Mount Rushmore, but indicated he thought it was a “good idea.”

“This is Fake News by the failing New York Times and bad ratings CNN,” Trump wrote on social media. “Never suggested it although, based on all of the many things accomplished during the first 3 1/2 years, perhaps more than any other Presidency, sounds like a good idea to me!”

The New York Times reported on Sunday the White House reached out to South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem in 2018 about adding additional presidents to Mount Rushmore.

Mount Rushmore is a federal monument, not a state monument.

Noem, the report added, gave the president a four-foot sculpture of the monument with his face added to the mountain, when he visited in July.

(Excerpt) Read more at https: ...

36 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

breitbart ^ | 8/10/2020 | CHARLIE SPIERING

Trump denied Sunday a report he seriously proposed he be added to Mount Rushmore, but indicated he thought it was a “good idea.”

“This is Fake News by the failing New York Times and bad ratings CNN,” Trump wrote on social media. “Never suggested it although, based on all of the many things accomplished during the first 3 1/2 years, perhaps more than any other Presidency, sounds like a good idea to me!”

The New York Times reported on Sunday the White House reached out to South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem in 2018 about adding additional presidents to Mount Rushmore.

Mount Rushmore is a federal monument, not a state monument.

Noem, the report added, gave the president a four-foot sculpture of the monument with his face added to the mountain, when he visited in July.

(Excerpt) Read more at https: ...

Ahhh, There’s that humility Donald Trump is known for.....😂 But, Honestly... I would have no problem seeing his likeness on Rushmore!👌😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump should both be added ....

Just Reagan right now.  Trump still has much to prove.  If we can get through this and the American lifestyle get back to normal with a robust economy then he has overlapped Reagan as the Greatest President in my lifetime.  Even if he does win the Commies are going to try and keep Americans as miserable as possible.  I hope Texas never turns blue.  

• Like 2

Just now, NATUREBOY98 said:

When I think of a racist I immediately think of a billionaire from Manhattan taking strolls with his Jewish grandkids. How about you?

Funny thing about racists, they come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. But, I was speaking more about his unending defense of the Rebel flag and his resistance to changing the names of military bases which are named after the defeated traitors in the Confederacy. 

• Stinks 1

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Funny thing about racists, they come in all shapes and sizes and from all walks of life. But, I was speaking more about his unending defense of the Rebel flag and his resistance to changing the names of military bases which are named after the defeated traitors in the Confederacy. 

I'm 100% with him on those......

17 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Some may think you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. The name changing and taking down of monuments is kinda sticky. General Lee never owned a slave himself. Washington and Jefferson owned hundreds. They going to topple those. Already had a US Grant statue toppled. Yeah that guy. The general for the North. People are idiots of basic history. Got to stop it somewhere. 

I am not a fan of tearing down all statues, although I don't think that it is 'rewriting history', but i am not a fan of Confederate soldier monuments that were erected during Jim Crow in town squares as a reminder of the 'glory days' of the South. I don't believe in destroying them, but maybe a museum would be more fitting, in my opinion. 

And, in looking at the names of the military bases, what other country in the world honors the losing side of a civil war by naming their military bases after those on the losing side? It sorta baffles me. 

8 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

I am not a fan of tearing down all statues, although I don't think that it is 'rewriting history', but i am not a fan of Confederate soldier monuments that were erected during Jim Crow in town squares as a reminder of the 'glory days' of the South. I don't believe in destructing them, but maybe a museum would be more fitting, in my opinion. 

And, in looking at the names of the military bases, what other country in the world honors the losing side of a civil war by naming their military bases after those on the losing side? It sorta baffles me. 

Bring them ALL to my yard.....lol.....

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Some may think you have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. The name changing and taking down of monuments is kinda sticky. General Lee never owned a slave himself. Washington and Jefferson owned hundreds. They going to topple those. Already had a US Grant statue toppled. Yeah that guy. The general for the North. People are idiots of basic history. Got to stop it somewhere. 

Actually, Lee did own slaves. 

3 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I haven't checked all of them, but most of them served the States before the Civil War and fought in many wars.  A.P. Hill was only a 1st Lieutenant in the Army and fought in the Mexican-American War and the Seminole War.  P.G.T. Beauregard was a Brevet Major and fought in the Mexican-American War, Henry L. Benning never served in the U.S. Forces, Braxton Bragg was a Brevet Lt. Col. and fought in the Second Seminole War and the Mexican-American War, John Brown Gordon never served, John Bell Hood was a 1st Lieutenant and served in the American Indian Wars, Robert E. Lee was just a Colonel, but the Superintendent at West Pointin the U.S. Army, but was asked to lead the North in the Civil War he served in the Mexican-American War and John Brown's Raid, George E. Pickett was a Captain and served in the Mexican-American War and the Pig War,  Leonidas Polk served as a Bevet Second Lieutenant, and Edmund Rucker who's fort was established by the Confederacy he only served for the South.  So the only possible one's I can see losing the title are Fr. Benning and Ft. Gordon.  A case could be for Ft. Rucker, but it has always been called that.  

We have to understand that these people were fighting for their land and state as most soldiers were.  My Great Grandfather fought for both and he lived in Arkansas.  I don't know why he switched sides, and was never told.  His obit on Find a Grave doesn't mention why he switched to fight for the North.  Many were conscripted into the CUSA Army, and I'm sure they did not want to leave their homes that they had worked so hard to purchase the land, build their homes, and work the land to feed their families.  I would not doubt that many today think that they had jobs and worked in factories or at the local General Store or various shops.  Many did work in factories in the North, but not in the South that depended on agriculture and ranching.  Only a few southerners owned slaves, but I'm sure they think that every man in the south owned a slave.  

While many people did have a negative ideas towards blacks it was because that was what they were taught from churches and home.  Many weren't even around blacks, because they were rarely off the plantation.  We have to think about those aspects.  It's not like slaves were given a pass to go to town.  They didn't have any money to buy anything even if they were.  They were never given a day off and worked sun up to sundown from Spring to Autumn.  They also worked in the Winter tending the livestock and other work.  https://www.afrigeneas.com/forumdarchive/index.cgi/md/read/id/7391/sbj/slavery-in-winter-months/  .  That was only the wealthy.   The average southerner generally had a large family to help accomplish those same duties.  I doubt if many people under 30 could live under those conditions today if they went back in time.  

16 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I haven't checked all of them, but most of them served the States before the Civil War and fought in many wars.  A.P. Hill was only a 1st Lieutenant in the Army and fought in the Mexican-American War and the Seminole War.  P.G.T. Beauregard was a Brevet Major and fought in the Mexican-American War, Henry L. Benning never served in the U.S. Forces, Braxton Bragg was a Brevet Lt. Col. and fought in the Second Seminole War and the Mexican-American War, John Brown Gordon never served, John Bell Hood was a 1st Lieutenant and served in the American Indian Wars, Robert E. Lee was just a Colonel, but the Superintendent at West Pointin the U.S. Army, but was asked to lead the North in the Civil War he served in the Mexican-American War and John Brown's Raid, George E. Pickett was a Captain and served in the Mexican-American War and the Pig War,  Leonidas Polk served as a Bevet Second Lieutenant, and Edmund Rucker who's fort was established by the Confederacy he only served for the South.  So the only possible one's I can see losing the title are Fr. Benning and Ft. Gordon.  A case could be for Ft. Rucker, but it has always been called that.  

We have to understand that these people were fighting for their land and state as most soldiers were.  My Great Grandfather fought for both and he lived in Arkansas.  I don't know why he switched sides, and was never told.  His obit on Find a Grave doesn't mention why he switched to fight for the North.  Many were conscripted into the CUSA Army, and I'm sure they did not want to leave their homes that they had worked so hard to purchase the land, build their homes, and work the land to feed their families.  I would not doubt that many today think that they had jobs and worked in factories or at the local General Store or various shops.  Many did work in factories in the North, but not in the South that depended on agriculture and ranching.  Only a few southerners owned slaves, but I'm sure they think that every man in the south owned a slave.  

While many people did have a negative ideas towards blacks it was because that was what they were taught from churches and home.  Many weren't even around blacks, because they were rarely off the plantation.  We have to think about those aspects.  It's not like slaves were given a pass to go to town.  They didn't have any money to buy anything even if they were.  They were never given a day off and worked sun up to sundown from Spring to Autumn.  They also worked in the Winter tending the livestock and other work.  https://www.afrigeneas.com/forumdarchive/index.cgi/md/read/id/7391/sbj/slavery-in-winter-months/  .  That was only the wealthy.   The average southerner generally had a large family to help accomplish those same duties.  I doubt if many people under 30 could live under those conditions today if they went back in time.  

No no no. Everyone who fought for, lived in or even looked in the general direction of the Confederacy were racist! 

(Sarcasm)

16 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

How many of those were chosen to be honored because they served in the Confederate Army? 

• Stinks 1

7 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

How many of those were chosen to be honored because they served in the Confederate Army? 

Does anyone ever chose to be honored ?  President Trump also can't choose to be placed on Mt. Rushmore.  Robert E. Lee was honored with statues even in Northern States after the War.  They admired him as a person as well, and didn't think of him as a traitor or as a representative of slavery.  There are statues, schools, and roads in the North named after him.  Many have been removed since 2016.  He's been on five U.S. postage stamps.  The Civil War was a long time ago, and I would say more  southerners today hate the New York Yankees more than people from the North.   It wasn't a big deal to people back then, but now so many people are offended. I can see why Lee was honored with his past before the Civil War.  Some of the others I don't.  I think it was to appease southerners because of the harsh conditions under Reconstruction.  I haven't heard of a northerner called a carpetbagger since the 70's, and then it was only those that were elderly.  I'm guessing they heard it from their parents and kept using the phrase.  

I grew up as you know in Gregg Co. which was named after Confederate General John Gregg.  I know they have statues on the lawn there, but I couldn't tell you who they are.  I used to go there every Christmas for the parade until the 80's, and only a couple of times for court purposes.  I didn't pay attention to them.  I'm sure one was a statue of him.  What many may not know is Gregg Co. was created to limit blacks in power.  They were a part of Harrison Co. until 1873.  It was originally supposed to be called Roanoke County.