Pleasant Grove Hawks vs Nashville Scrappers @Scrappers Stadium

dhoop02

10 hours ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Wow, that one hurts.  In my opinion he was the best of the bunch.  I pray that he makes a speedy and full recovery.

Very sad for that young man. Was geared up for a monster senior season. But I'm sure we'll see him at the next level when the time comes.

Crazy thing is, PG's defensive line is still going to be monstrous. Not many OL's at the 4A level will be equipped to handle what the Hawks are going to lineup this year. Opposing OC's will have a whale of a time figuring out how to neutralize that attack.

2 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Very sad for that young man. Was geared up for a monster senior season. But I'm sure we'll see him at the next level when the time comes.

Crazy thing is, PG's defensive line is still going to be monstrous. Not many OL's at the 4A level will be equipped to handle what the Hawks are going to lineup this year. Opposing OC's will have a whale of a time figuring out how to neutralize that attack.

good opportunity for phillips to get some reps, i still think phillips plays o-line in college. the stocky ( is that an appropriate word these days) d-tackle is really good but is maybe 5-10 so he gets overshadowed by burris and jackson not sure he can play d1 but hopefully he can get a d2 or fcs look.

15 minutes ago, txk85 said:

good opportunity for phillips to get some reps, i still think phillips plays o-line in college. the stocky ( is that an appropriate word these days) d-tackle is really good but is maybe 5-10 so he gets overshadowed by burris and jackson not sure he can play d1 but hopefully he can get a d2 or fcs look.

Man, the best defensive lineman Celina’s ever had was Breck Holman. He was all of about 5’3 and just an absolute monster for the 2006-2007 teams. Now a big part of the coaching staff and — by all accounts — an amazing teacher.

Phillips might get overlooked in the massive shadows of Jackson/Burris, but that really only means he’s gonna have more opportunities to shine.

As far as “stocky” lol I dunno ... when I was in school, the jeans companies had “Husky” fits. Now they call it the “athletic” fit, so who knows what’s acceptable lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

PG people, heard LE had a player test positive for covid. How are things looking across town for the Hawks?

heard there was a players only cough circle a few weeks ago. half the team is now immune and the other half will be eating elderberrys like skittles until theres a vaccine or we get the trophy in jerrys world.

in all seriousness i hope the le player is ok and all the kids stay safe.

3 hours ago, txk85 said:

heard there was a players only cough circle a few weeks ago. half the team is now immune and the other half will be eating elderberrys like skittles until theres a vaccine or we get the trophy in jerrys world.

in all seriousness i hope the le player is ok and all the kids stay safe.

Lol! Tough they can't scrimmage now though. 

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Saw a video a friend in texarkana posted of PGs new quarterback.  He seems like a great kid. I had heard yall were getting a qb from Genoa or Fouke?  

How is he classified?  LE's eighth grade starter transferred to PG last year after the season and will be a freshman at PG.  Good size, speed, mobility, great arm and attitude. it is going to be interesting to see what the future holds for him at PG.  Honestly, he was better as an eighth grader than any other qb in the entire program including both varsity qbs.

19 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

How is he classified?  LE's eighth grade starter transferred to PG last year after the season and will be a freshman at PG.  Good size, speed, mobility, great arm and attitude. it is going to be interesting to see what the future holds for him at PG.  Honestly, he was better as an eighth grader than any other qb in the entire program including both varsity qbs.

This kid won’t be the qb at PG.   He will play safety and be in the backfield some.   Another transfer LB who is also a freshman moved in from TISD and will be a very good player.  

25 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

QB I heard about from Arkansas would be a senior this year. 

Kid that left LE for PG is supposed to be a stud. Will be interested to see how they use him at PG

8 minutes ago, dillonpanthers said:

QB I heard about from Arkansas would be a senior this year. 

Kid that left LE for PG is supposed to be a stud. Will be interested to see how they use him at PG

Yes the qb move in from Genoa is the stepson of a PG coach.  He won’t be the qb.  Woodside will be the qb.  He moved from TISD 2 years ago.  Probably TE or play some D.  BUT yes the kid from LE is a major difference maker.   

4 minutes ago, BlackShirtD said:

Yes the qb move in from Genoa is the stepson of a PG coach.  He won’t be the qb.  Wood side will be the qb.  He moved from TISD 2 years ago.  Probably TE or play some D.  BUT yes the kid from LE is a major difference maker.   

Sounds like PG is reloading 

So, I am obviously bored and decided to watch some video on the Scrappers...there is plenty of video of them online...so looking over the last few seasons, two major things stick out to me.  (1) They run a pretty good and somewhat complex offense for a school their size.  It is an RPO but has a solid passing attack with different formations.  They block pretty good and keep opposing defenses guessing.  I am sure PG will adapt by about mid 2nd quarter. (2) They definitely have trouble with opposing team speed.  Definitely in PGs favor.  PG should pull the starters in the early 4th.

18 hours ago, kingwolf said:

So, I am obviously bored and decided to watch some video on the Scrappers...there is plenty of video of them online...so looking over the last few seasons, two major things stick out to me.  (1) They run a pretty good and somewhat complex offense for a school their size.  It is an RPO but has a solid passing attack with different formations.  They block pretty good and keep opposing defenses guessing.  I am sure PG will adapt by about mid 2nd quarter. (2) They definitely have trouble with opposing team speed.  Definitely in PGs favor.  PG should pull the starters in the early 4th.

the hc volarvich was the oc at henderson state from around 2010-2015. they put up a lot of points in those years running the spread rpo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Think PG will wish they had a little bit more of a competitive game before Argyle comes to town. New QB looked ok, not many opportunities, but didn’t make any bad decisions. PG has a freshman RB (15), and he will be exciting to watch this year and years to come. The Johnson kid (1) is tough, and runs with authority. Offense put up crazy rushing numbers. Defense looked good as expected, but other than a couple of skill kids, Nashville wasn't impressive at all. 

Nice win by PG. Freshman RB shined  and  QB handled the offense nicely in his first start. I am sure PG wished to have more competitive game, but Nashville historically can compete with Texas 4A schools. Noted a couple of PG’s RBs were banged up. Hopefully they are good to go next week.