Not the Bee: College math prof says "the idea that math is in any way objective is a MYTH" that "reeks of white supremacist patriarchy"

Wild74

9 hours ago, WestHardinfan1 said:

Should have her credentials as an educator taken away...... What a moron.....

I'd really like to know that professor's reasoning. It's probably something very, very twisted.

But consider this: If one were to be in this professor's class, one could argue that since this professor believes math is not objective, that you could get a perfect score on every math assignment, simply by saying that math isn't objective, and you believe the answers are what you wrote.

It actually sounds Orwellian. 2 + 2 is 5 because The Party says it is.

2 + 2 is 4 is "white supremacist patriarchy"? Seriously? How ridiculous is that?

Math is almost as pure as it gets. 2 + 2 = 4 is empirical. If I have two of something, and put two more of that something with it, I have 4 of that something. What people can do with the math is debatable, but not the math and mathematical principles themselves.

Essentially, what this professor is saying is that numbers themselves are "white supremacist patriarchy". And that's utter nonsense.

My kiddo really likes math, and is likely going to major in it in college. I don't want a nut like this professor teaching him that.

• Like 1