Southland Conference

Coach0001

2 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

Well I watched heard a lot about hoops

UTRG is interesting starting Div 1 football 

BOTPW remaining at NRG should distress some SFA fans 

Hoops is the big attraction. A lot more money in basketball than FCS football. When football goes FBS, then things will flip.

UTRGV will be interesting. I am more interested to see who team #14 ends up being. I feel like it will be WTAMU, but I am kinda hoping Texas State would come over. I don't see them dropping back to FCS, but it would be nice. Would be a big boost for baseball.

Distress is putting it lightly. I want that game back on campus...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topher805 said:

Hoops is the big attraction. A lot more money in basketball than FCS football. When football goes FBS, then things will flip.

UTRGV will be interesting. I am more interested to see who team #14 ends up being. I feel like it will be WTAMU, but I am kinda hoping Texas State would come over. I don't see them dropping back to FCS, but it would be nice. Would be a big boost for baseball.

Distress is putting it lightly. I want that game back on campus...

We like it at NRG 9-1 there! and 9 straight!
And every year it’s a home game for us!

20k in Orange 1500-4K in purple 

We may have used keeping it there as a Bargaining chip 😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 10:36 AM, topher805 said:

Yeah...Not thrilled about that, but not sad about getting that information either. I still plan on watching the press conference and see if there is any other information that he left out...

Big games this week SFA at ACU Wed

SHSU at SFA Sunday at 3:00 pm national televised game on ESPN U

SHSU at 6-0 in conf and SFA at 5-0

Did the petition by SFA to the NCCA for the Tournament ban this year rather than next year get approved?

18 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

Big games this week SFA at ACU Wed

SHSU at SFA Sunday at 3:00 pm national televised game on ESPN U

SHSU at 6-0 in conf and SFA at 5-0

Did the petition by SFA to the NCCA for the Tournament ban this year rather than next year get approved?

I am really trying to get to Nac on Sunday. That is going to be a heavyweight fight.

SFA's petition was approved. No postseason this year for the Jacks. Instead we will compete for a postseason spot next year in the WAC...

On 1/25/2021 at 9:38 AM, topher805 said:

I am really trying to get to Nac on Sunday. That is going to be a heavyweight fight.

SFA's petition was approved. No postseason this year for the Jacks. Instead we will compete for a postseason spot next year in the WAC...

I am trying to go also

Heard SFA is looking for a Football Game on April 17th BOTPW Spring edition lol

Crazy times I am looking forward to the weekend you can watch baseball and football in Huntvegas which happens this Spring

Also Bearkats baseball schedule is loaded!

Open up with Okie State in February for 3 at home

2 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

I am trying to go also

Heard SFA is looking for a Football Game on April 17th BOTPW Spring edition lol

Crazy times I am looking forward to the weekend you can watch baseball and football in Huntvegas which happens this Spring

Also Bearkats baseball schedule is loaded!

Open up with Okie State in February for 3 at home

Probably catching a baseball game up there. That nonconference schedule is ridiculous. OKST, A&M, and Baylor all come to Huntsville.

9 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

Not to mention Rice TCU in Houston then trip to Texas on Tuesday after that 

Schedule that sets up a strong RPI if you get some quality wins 

I think that is a big reason why Sam fans shouldn't worry about the new conference. Nonconference will do a ton for yall.

On 1/26/2021 at 5:54 PM, topher805 said:

Probably catching a baseball game up there. That nonconference schedule is ridiculous. OKST, A&M, and Baylor all come to Huntsville.

You should see the teams on the SHSU softball schedule.  Oklahoma, Arizona, Texas, Missouri, A&M, Baylor, Houston, La-Lafayette.  Brutal.  

48 minutes ago, EazyMoney said:

You should see the teams on the SHSU softball schedule.  Oklahoma, Arizona, Texas, Missouri, A&M, Baylor, Houston, La-Lafayette.  Brutal.  

Ouch. SFA will be dang good at softball this year. Only thing stopping from a schedule like that is...well...facilities...

1 hour ago, Coach0001 said:

OU Baylor A-M Houston all come to Huntvegas 

Texas Southern, Louisiana Tech, UT-Arlington are our only home non-conference games...Each of those are just one-gamers...We do have...Not much else

A&M-Corpus and Texas A&M in College Station

Missouri State, Southern Illinois, Mississippi State, and Mississippi Valley State in Starkville

Tarleton and North Texas in Denton

UT-Martin, Arkansas-Pine Bluff, Mississippi Valley State, and Western Michigan in Conway

4 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

So next year for ONE year it is Central Ark Jacksonville State and Eastern Kentucky to the WAC for football only

Crazy times 

That is going to be a heck of a conference to watch next year. Some very good football will be played...

Exit fees were released. Each of the Texas 4 + Central Arkansas paid just $300,000 to leave the Southland for a total of $1.5 million. Pennies to leave compared to what the Southland could and should have gone after...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

That is going to be a heck of a conference to watch next year. Some very good football will be played...

Exit fees were released. Each of the Texas 4 + Central Arkansas paid just $300,000 to leave the Southland for a total of $1.5 million. Pennies to leave compared to what the Southland could and should have gone after...

Heck with them forcing us out a year early I thought it would be less?

I thought the exit fee was 300k with year notice which was given. 

7 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

I was there and wont be in Huntsville  

If SHSU does not beat Nichols this week

They may very well win the conference After not having to play SFA and ACU thanks to this scheduling 

The crowd sounded pretty good on TV. Very into the game, and it sounded like you guys brought a pretty good crowd. 2k in attendance isn't bad considering the circumstances. Just short of a Social Distanced Sellout. 

I don't think ya'll will have trouble with Nicholls. They head to your place and I think the Colonels will struggle on the road...

This scheduling is horse poo...The fact that Nicholls avoids SFA and ACU is a joke. Playing ACU midweek is a joke for SFA. That should be a Saturday game with as big attendance as possible.

July 1 cannot get here fast enough...I have every intention of heading to Phoenix for a game against GCU

• 3 weeks later...