Southland Conference

Coach0001

57 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

The 2 controversial plays versus each evened out. Hate that the refs had to make themselves part of the game. 

I had heard something about a bad call with 5 seconds left but all I saw was the Sam foul with 0.8 left...To be fair I called it a night with 4 minutes left because it looked like Sam had taken the momentum from Lamar looked like they were set to go on a run and close it out.

I love to hate Lamar, but they match up well with ACU. They have bigs that can bang with Kohl and Pleasant. Should be a good game...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Sam Houston 71 Nichols 17!! Lamar beats Mcneese in OT.

Sam has looked like a championship contender all year.

Nicholls has been a pretender all year. That Schedule has been SOFT.

McNeese is down BAAAD.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, topher805 said:

Sam has looked like a championship contender all year.

Nicholls has been a pretender all year. That Schedule has been SOFT.

McNeese is down BAAAD.

I was in Huntsville yesterday for this beat down. Believe it or not for the first 8-9 minutes Nicholls led and was dominating 

Then the dam burst! Defense was really good scored twice and I am guessing forced 5-7 three and outs.

IF we can win out and get a high seed in the playoffs the Kats have never lost a home playoff game. 
Lots of football to go this Spring but Kats are looking like a contender! 
Concerned with injuries on oline but depth has been there to replace three injured so far.

59 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

I was in Huntsville yesterday for this beat down. Believe it or not for the first 8-9 minutes Nicholls led and was dominating 

Then the dam burst! Defense was really good scored twice and I am guessing forced 5-7 three and outs.

IF we can win out and get a high seed in the playoffs the Kats have never lost a home playoff game. 
Lots of football to go this Spring but Kats are looking like a contender! 
Concerned with injuries on oline but depth has been there to replace three injured so far.

The hard part for Sam is, I don't think they get tested again until the playoffs. Maaaaybe UIW, but I'm not sure what the Cardinals have right now. They haven't exactly faced murderers row...

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Coach0001 said:

SAM slips by a feisty NW State team last Thursday Night 

McNeese  beats Nichols 

SHSU host McNeese this Sat

Then  goes to UIW the next to end the regular season 

Spring football weather has been great 

I love spring football for certain levels of play.  I would like to see the NCAA to move FCS and D2 to the spring and monetize it on ESPN/Fox Sports, keep FBS and D3 in the fall.  The issue for FCS and D2 will be potential draft prospects... although if you can time it to finish before the NFL draft, it may still work out, especially for scouting 

34 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I love spring football for certain levels of play.  I would like to see the NCAA to move FCS and D2 to the spring and monetize it on ESPN/Fox Sports, keep FBS and D3 in the fall.  The issue for FCS and D2 will be potential draft prospects... although if you can time it to finish before the NFL draft, it may still work out, especially for scouting 

Be hard for FCS to give up money games 

Also the NFL you mentioned is a factor. 

There is at least one Bearkat that is going to be drafted and if so and the payoffs are going might have to miss rookie mini camp