Waco La Vega vs WO-S

powerlifter

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

Dang!  We’re so starved for something to discuss instead of C—-d.

Starting tomorrow, the football discussion should ramp up even more. Once teams get to actually scrimmage and fans get to see some live action, the chatter will follow!

54 minutes ago, coachkells said:

La Vega Scrimmage will be broadcast live on facebook on the "Modoc Media" page.  Varsity@ 7 pm

Just watched Hudl highlights of China Spring vs LV last year.  Good grief LV Offensive Line was HUGH.  Them kids ain’t missed no meals. 😂🤣😂

6 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

good luck to both teams   i am going to ask a question why is some people  taking WO-S lightly when they dont know anything  about them and there history i can see there are not on here  SE Texas   JUST ASKING

I think it’s less about WOS and more about LV’s dominance the last 5 years.  Anyone that’s been around THSF know about WOS and their history.  But truth is they have fallen off their standard the last 3 years while LV has not missed a beat.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 6:51 PM, Hagar said:

Whether they can or cannot play with anyone is not the point.   The point is their mental attitude.  Unlike many teams, who’d know prior to playing LV, they were going to lose, WOS never appears to give in to that.   Btw, I’m not a WOS fan.  I’ve spent a lot of time watching them beat teams I pull for.   You’re absolutely right about one thing, will be a good test for both, and probably the premier Week 1 game in the State.   From what I’ve read, LV is loaded.   WOS scrimmages Vidor Thursday.   If I hear any tidbits, I’ll pass them along.   Just so looking forward to some HS football.

yes  both are loaded   all we can go by is there paper on there sports page  dont know where i can find there news paper so we can send messages to them. all i know about the team in west orange is what the paper there puts up  both teams are large and fast what we here understand 

6 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

LV by 3. Low scoring game. 

Don't count on it......LV with that line and blocking will open some holes for those very good RB's the Pirates have.  Those guys are very good, experienced, and know how to find daylight.  And that's all they need.  They will score at least one TD on the ground for sure......no matter how good your D is.  This year their QB Rauls must be counted as a RB also......he's quick too.  He can also throw it on the run......even short to one of those speedy RB's.  I guess that would count officially as a passing TD if they were to score on one of those, but it could be a 5 yd pass and 60 yd run after the catch.....LOL.

LV likes to send their receivers deep on the sideline to clear out and hit a quickie short against a LB......he's got clear sailing unless or until a DB can get to him. If you play too tight, they can hit a mid to long one on you.......all with the run threat to break one on any down regardless of field position.  That's how great it is to have multiple RB's with great speed, moves, and eyes.  And now the QB will be a threat as well......not just with his arm like Landry Kinne was last season.  LV presents a multiple threat in multiple ways offensively.  They will most likely be more productive this season than last season offensively.  Walton is a senior and so is Rauls........they have a stable of speedy guys that can be the RB at anytime......and one can magically appear that was not there last season(maybe on the bench or on JV, or played a different position).

both coaches  will be looking to fill spots in there lines by the lost of there Sr from last year and work with they have back this year so it MIGHT be a low scoring game we are keeping our eye on the gulf just hoping it turns to the east  this game will match speed on speed both teams have two outstanding QB so i been  told now agan BIG ON BIG LINEMEN both teams have not looking much out of this game West orange will host Vidor  then your talking BIG Vidor has a DL around 260 pounds up front hope someone will post how this comes out

13 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Nice stadium that holds over 9000.  Even at 50% capacity looks like around 4500 will still be able to view this game at the stadium.  That's a pretty good number for a 4A game.

At what  stadium are they planning ?