IMG coming to Texas...

Eagleborn

Good deal.......I hope they have it televised for everybody to watch it.   Definitely lots of interest and bragging rights associated with this one, for sure.  

Hey.....guess what???   That game will fall on my birthday, LOL......cool!!  😎🎂🏈:clap:

What's more is Argyle will be playing Anna that night in Anna.......so now I have a good reason to stay home and celebrate.

The only thing I have against Texas high schools teams playing somebody like IMG is the fact that teams like IMG recruit top talent (and coaches) from all over the country.  It's definitely NOT a level playing field when Texas teams are only able to put players on the field from inside their own school district only.  It would be AWESOME if Duncanville can somehow beat IMG.

Yeah the guy they picked up comes in with three stars and a ton of experience. If Duncanville can stay healthy — and if we get a full season — the Panthers and Coach Samples could finally get over the hump. That man's been super close many times.

4 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

The only thing I have against Texas high schools teams playing somebody like IMG is the fact that teams like IMG recruit top talent (and coaches) from all over the country.  It's definitely NOT a level playing field when Texas teams are only able to put players on the field from inside their own school district only.  It would be AWESOME if Duncanville can somehow beat IMG.

Duncanville will be just fine. 

18 minutes ago, LOL said:

Am I the only one who doesn't like the idea of Texas schools playing IMG? 

Yes you are or at least you’re in the minority.

IMG playing Duncanville, GP Northshore, Allen, Highland Park, Lake Travis, Austin Westlake, etc is good. All those Texas schools have the horses to beat them. It’s very possible with IMG they have not meshed well together even though there’s tons of talent.

A team like Duncanville is chalk full of talent too and those boys grew up together and playing football together. That’s an advantage and then you add in Duncanville’s talent they’ll put on the field.....Shoot, I’d put Texas football up against anybody, IMG Academy included, 100%!

35 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yes you are or at least you’re in the minority.

IMG playing Duncanville, GP Northshore, Allen, Highland Park, Lake Travis, Austin Westlake, etc is good. All those Texas schools have the horses to beat them. It’s very possible with IMG they have not meshed well together even though there’s tons of talent.

A team like Duncanville is chalk full of talent too and those boys grew up together and playing football together. That’s an advantage and then you add in Duncanville’s talent they’ll put on the field.....Shoot, I’d put Texas football up against anybody, IMG Academy included, 100%!

You left out Longview.  😷 Bet some Longview folks might have liked to see IMG come to Lobo Stadium to get that experience,  instead of grabbing Westbrook to replace West Monroe.  You take what you can get in these COVID times.  That Duncanville and IMG  game will be something to watch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

yep school district only

16 hours ago, PackAttack said:

You left out Longview.  😷 Bet some Longview folks might have liked to see IMG come to Lobo Stadium to get that experience,  instead of grabbing Westbrook to replace West Monroe.  You take what you can get in these COVID times.  That Duncanville and IMG  game will be something to watch.

King has already gone on record that he doesn’t think anyone in Texas should be playing a team like IMG.

I also don’t get the point in playing them, but eh, no one was scheduling Duncanville during this weird time so they took what they could get.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

King has already gone on record that he doesn’t think anyone in Texas should be playing a team like IMG.

I also don’t get the point in playing them, but eh, no one was scheduling Duncanville during this weird time so they took what they could get.

To me,  there is no equal ground when you play a recruited Elite team like IMG.  Those kids come in from all over the Country.  In a case like this with Duncanville, they are one of the best of the best in Texas right now.  However, you can bet the only advantage Duncanville will have in this game is home field advantage, after that nothing.  This is like playing the University of Alabama's Freshman team.