The Republican Convention

Monte1076

14 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

Ted Cruz is no kind of a man, if he speaks out for Trump after the trashing Trump did of father and wife. I have believed that for 4 years. Although, 'Lyin' Ted' probably can't resist the lure of getting to promote himself. 

Frick & Frack liked that comment!😂

10 hours ago, Unashamed said:

His positions on 2A are hard to understand.   He wavers back and forth on certain  things and his positions don't make sense.   

He seems like he's trying to be a right-wing Obama...  that is, he wants to seem "cool" and liked by the kids, and doesn't want the baggage of being an old fuddy-duddy Republican. 

21 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I def don’t dislike him. I Don’t exactly recall what turned me off a little. It was def something he said or did that made me not a super fan. 

It was a vote he made about removing Confederate statues of former Senators and Representatives.  That's the only thing I've seen him on the wrong side of.  I've liked everything about him, and that vote didn't bother me.  I'd like to see him become the Governor of Texas in the next election.  There he can gain executive leadership skills, and what it takes to run a state before running the country.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

It was a vote he made about removing Confederate statues of former Senators and Representatives.  That's the only thing I've seen him on the wrong side of.  I've liked everything about him, and that vote didn't bother me.  I'd like to see him become the Governor of Texas in the next election.  There he can gain executive leadership skills, and what it takes to run a state before running the country.  

We do need a good man to stand up against the swamp in Austin don't we?  He has my vote.  I'd choose him over Abbott right here, right now.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

We do need a good man to stand up against the swamp in Austin don't we?  He has my vote.  I'd choose him over Abbott right here, right now.

Almost anyone but Abbott in 2022.  He's been a terrible gubernatorial during the Wuhan.  

• Sad 1

On 8/21/2020 at 8:34 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Cruz would be a great Texas Governor, 4 years in the Governor's mansion followed by 8 years in the White House ....

Trump destroyed Ted Cruz chances for  higher office.  He barley beat gun-grabber Beto in Texas to hold his seat.  If you won't fight for your your family, you don't deserve to hold office.  

I see Senator Cruz didn't make the cut this time lol.  I agree with others that there shouldn't be so many Trump's giving speeches,  with 2 exceptions,  Melania and Don Jr.  In many ways I think Don Jr.  is better suited for politics than his dad.  He can land the same punches without coming across as offensive or abrasive,  which turns some people off,  even though he's trying to implement the very policies they've supposedly been advocating forever.  Now we get a guy who actually tries to do them,  and they vote D because Trump's a "meanie."  Trump's done more to expose the uniparty frauds than anyone in my lifetime,  IMO.

2 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

482F1197-35C7-4657-BB9B-5DC4F5BBFA9C.jpeg

LOL, you're crazy to even think that.  It has been the Democrats that have sought to do this, and will continue to do this.  President Trump desires to do it with prosperity, the Dims choose to do it by poverty, except for the politburo.  

16 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

LOL, you're crazy to even think that.  It has been the Democrats that have sought to do this, and will continue to do this.  President Trump desires to do it with prosperity, the Dims choose to do it by poverty, except for the politburo.  

Remember Dave,  projection is their favorite and most often used tactic.  Some things just never change.  It's a saul alinsky thing.