SCRIMMAGE REPORTS

BlahBlah

On 8/21/2020 at 8:13 AM, WhoamI97539 said:

Kaufman 0

Kilgore 35

In the 2 live quarters 

Were you there, Whoami? I struggled getting into the groove of watching the scrimmage. Between all the adjustments at school and not being able to be on the field taking pictures I got caught up a couple of times visiting. 

During the first live quarter, Kilgore's first team went three and out their first possession then scored twice. They scored on their first possession in the second live quarter, the second team scored twice after that. 

Kaufman didn't look very good. A handful of decent runs. Dave Campbell has them picked to finish 4th in the loaded 7-4A D1 behind Argyle, Paris, and Melissa and Maxpreps has them ranked #56 in 4A-D1.

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

They will never be out talented by any team in 3AD2. I think this OC will make them more dangerous than they have been in years. Guy worked under the GOAT in Carthage for several years. If he can get the line to do their job and get Jeter to check down if option one is covered instead of scrambling. He’s going to design plays where Jeter carries the ball. I’m not a Tiger fan lol but I’m excited to see what this OC is going to do. 

The OC bringing discipline with him?

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, maxjean said:

they could be better if some of the other players from last year come out.the qb that played couldnt get the ball to the recievers as he looked to be around 6'4 or so with a noodle arm.the secondary looked horrid the defense same.

What's the reasoning for them not playing?

28 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Hell yeah he has. If you get the chance to learn from one of the greats and spread that. Thats something we've been missing since 2010 when bowman left

But what does learning the spread from Surratt have to do with the question of "did he bring any discipline with him"?

Honestly hope that is not coming across as a smart _ _ _ as i am not intending it that way, just curious about the discipline question..

and am not trying to dog on Daingerfield about discipline, just curious on the question.  Thanks

45 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

Hell yeah he has. If you get the chance to learn from one of the greats and spread that. Thats something we've been missing since 2010 when bowman left

Has the offense changed? I’m interested if he is running the Carthage offense. If he implements even half of Surratt’s offense with some of his own ideas, DF’s offense is going to be fun to watch. I think in year one it will be tough to get the full offense in, but should definitely see some similarities to Carthage.  Were they running more of a pro-style offense, or pure spread from shotgun every play? Should see lots of different formations and lots of motion to figure out what the defense is doing. Then lots of balance based off what the D giving them. I’m very interested to see that offense and hear about the scheme he is running. I’m hoping it is the same offense Carthage runs. Would love to see it somewhere else, and how it turns out. I think you guys got a good one. Wouldn’t be surprised if that guy is a HC soon. Couple good seasons at DF, and a small school will give him a chance. Great young man who can relate to the players. 

1 hour ago, EastTxFinest said:

So no more fighting in locker room pregame?

1 hour ago, mavfanpanamacity said:

But what does learning the spread from Surratt have to do with the question of "did he bring any discipline with him"?

Honestly hope that is not coming across as a smart _ _ _ as i am not intending it that way, just curious about the discipline question..

and am not trying to dog on Daingerfield about discipline, just curious on the question.  Thanks

If the coach actually listened to suratt than he learned how to actually help run a program. We've had discipline issues since around 2011 roght after bowman left. Kids ran the program to the most part. Not the coaches. If you understood what has been goin on for the past decade in title town youd know. I can help you with anything else that may need to be explained as well

21 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

I only saw a bit of film. What was your take on Celina? Defense looked solid from the little I saw. Decent amount of speed, looked physical. New QB can spin it too. Offensive line is pretty big and moves fairly well. Hope they stay healthy.

Defense looked really good, very quick.  Huge OL. Davenport the QB I thought looked pretty good. Main target was the 6'7" kid DJ Dell'Ano. They hooked up on a 40 plus & 50 plus yard TD's during the live quarter.  Running game was almost non existant but that may have been on purpose. Bill maybe wanted to work on the passing game during the scrimmage.  Melissa next Friday should be a good test for the Bobcats. 

1 hour ago, Ballboy23 said:

Defense looked really good, very quick.  Huge OL. Davenport the QB I thought looked pretty good. Main target was the 6'7" kid DJ Dell'Ano. They hooked up on a 40 plus & 50 plus yard TD's during the live quarter.  Running game was almost non existant but that may have been on purpose. Bill maybe wanted to work on the passing game during the scrimmage.  Melissa next Friday should be a good test for the Bobcats. 

Good to hear! Thanks for the report!

They did not utilize Dell’Ano as much as they should have last year, but some of that had to do with the OL injury woes. But he’s a matchup nightmare with his height and length. Davenport will be the best throwing QB we’ve had in a while. Running game will for sure be behind what it has been past couple seasons. Logan Point was a beast. But I think Martinez and some others will step up and fill that void. The offense has speed, if the OL can stay healthy and give Davenport time to move the ball around to a host of targets.

Defensively, I was impressed with the speed of the secondary, but more than that, with how disciplined the DL looked. Also really like the junior LB trio we’ve got this year. They ought to make life tough on opposing run games.

Really hope we get a full season in, because I think this could be Celina’s best team since the 2015 state finalist squad. Melissa is a great season opening matchup for us, in my opinion.

13 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Were you there, Whoami? I struggled getting into the groove of watching the scrimmage. Between all the adjustments at school and not being able to be on the field taking pictures I got caught up a couple of times visiting. 

During the first live quarter, Kilgore's first team went three and out their first possession then scored twice. They scored on their first possession in the second live quarter, the second team scored twice after that. 

Kaufman didn't look very good. A handful of decent runs. Dave Campbell has them picked to finish 4th in the loaded 7-4A D1 behind Argyle, Paris, and Melissa and Maxpreps has them ranked #56 in 4A-D1.

No I wasn't there I just had a few people who's kids play on the team tell me. I heard Adkins, and Epps are looking real good so far. I saw the catch Adkins had when he threw that poor player to the ground. I will hopefully be there next Friday though

• Like 1