Parents, Police Union Express Outrage Over School Assignment of Political Cartoon Comparing Police to KKK, Slave Owner

Monte1076

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Santa Anna wasn’t fighting to free slaves.  He was fighting to keep Texas as part of Mexico and he was a mean dictatorial ####.  

Who said he was fighting to keep slaves free? One of the things that made the Texans want to leave Mexico's rule is that santa Ana didn't want slavery in tx. I honestly don't know how you came to the conclusion I said he was fighting to free slaves. I just said I had questions when they said that he was not for slavery. 

31 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Who said he was fighting to keep slaves free? One of the things that made the Texans want to leave Mexico's rule is that santa Ana didn't want slavery in tx. I honestly don't know how you came to the conclusion I said he was fighting to free slaves. I just said I had questions when they said that he was not for slavery. 

“Also, blacks can't look at history in the same view as others. Problem the fourth grade was that Santa Ana supposed to be a bad guy and I cannot understand why the bad guy wanted slavery abolished in Texas. Don't even get me started on therevolution” 

there is your quote.  Did I misunderstand it?  If I did then I apologize.  Sounds like that’s what you said to me though

3 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Oh that war where a bunch of rich people and smugglers got upset and talk to everybody else into fighting England? That was the biggest propaganda campaign in history. 

Also, blacks can't look at history in the same view as others. Problem the fourth grade was that Santa Ana supposed to be a bad guy and I cannot understand why the bad guy wanted slavery abolished in Texas. Don't even get me started on the revolution.

First off...you DIDN'T answer my question. Good job trying to deflect. It's what you people are good at. 

Why don't you enlighten us to how blacks folks view history? (this should be good 🙄). 

The Texas Revolution against Mexico was not a war for and to keep slavery. 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Should be teaching 4th graders to respect the law.  Then when they’re older they might actually respect the law

I agree completely. 

And maybe when that 4th grader is an adult, he'll know how to interact with LE when he gets caught breaking the law. And he'll know not to resist arrest and how to obey commands/instructions. That needs to be taught at a young age evidently. 

15 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

First off...you DIDN'T answer my question. Good job trying to deflect. It's what you people are good at. 

Why don't you enlighten us to how blacks folks view history? (this should be good 🙄). 

The Texas Revolution against Mexico was not a war for and to keep slavery. 

1. Oh really wanted an answer to that. Honestly thought it was rhetorical. I think the immediate impacts in blacks would have been better 

2. as for how blacks view history, I'll put it this way. Only one of us could safely get in a time machine and view the majority of U.S. greatest moments in history without fearing for our lives.  

3. Yes, part of the grievance with Mexico was slavery. Not only that, southern states encouraged Texas to revolt and join the US to add another slave state among other things.  Interesting fact, there were no Texans at the Alamo. It was a huge reason . So huge a bunch of guys from southern States to die for a country that did not live in

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

1. Oh really wanted an answer to that. Honestly thought it was rhetorical. I think the immediate impacts in blacks would have been better 

2. as for how blacks view history, I'll put it this way. Only one of us could safely get in a time machine and view the majority of U.S. greatest moments in history without fearing for our lives.  

3. Yes, part of the grievance with Mexico was slavery. Not only that, southern states encouraged Texas to revolt and join the US to add another slave state among other things.  Interesting fact, there were no Texans at the Alamo. It was a huge reason . So huge a bunch of guys from southern States to die for a country that did not live in

I’d like something to read on this if you have anything.

16 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

You are probably correct. But they are also: doctors, nurses, lawyers, teachers, mailmen, etc

So what's your point? 

6 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Only one carries a gun.

One what carrys a gun? LEO? Soldier/military? LTC holders? Deer hunter? Etc. 

Just now, Youngcoach123 said:

How many cops do you think Are card carrying KKK members?

I have no idea but it only takes one. I know the klan is no where as big as it was but a racist card carrying or not is dangerous with a badge regardless of color

58 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

“Also, blacks can't look at history in the same view as others. Problem the fourth grade was that Santa Ana supposed to be a bad guy and I cannot understand why the bad guy wanted slavery abolished in Texas. Don't even get me started on therevolution” 

there is your quote.  Did I misunderstand it?  If I did then I apologize.  Sounds like that’s what you said to me though

It was just one of the grievances Texans has with Mexico

35 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I agree completely. 

And maybe when that 4th grader is an adult, he'll know how to interact with LE when he gets caught breaking the law. And he'll know not to resist arrest and how to obey commands/instructions. That needs to be taught at a young age evidently. 

Truthfully that is the parents duty, but it wouldn’t hurt for teachers to have positive influences over students.  

2 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Alamo_defenders

List of Alamo Defenders and where they are from--their birthplace. There is even one from NEW YORK, imagine that. LOL

The ones from Texas had Mexican names lol. 
Texas was a new settlement, meaning most of the people that lived here were born in different areas. The idea they traveled in just to fight for slavery is ridiculous. 

• Thanks 2