Carthage vs Kilgore

Sportsfanatic1

Should be an interesting game. Carthage returns some good players on offense, but a lot to replace on D. Have 3 excellent players returning on D with Kylon Lister, Kip Lewis and Austin Morgan on D, but going will need to fill a lot of holes. Carthage had so many seniors last year, that the sophomore class didn’t get much experience on Varsity. But that’s a good class that should be able to catch up pretty quick. On offense have to replace a couple of receivers, but got a good core coming back. Will see who steps up to be the number one guy. But with some offensive lineman, Horton, Courtney, and Smith all coming back offense should be fine. Expect a huge year from Horton. It’s always fun to watch an experienced senior QB in the Carthage offense.

5 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

I wouldn't even give us 7 pts...just make it 56-0...with all those guy returning from that unbelievable defense from last year...I highly doubt we score

Y’all gonna score.  Remember Carthage lost their scrimmage when y’all made it game 1 instead.  They are going to be a little rusty and green early on.  I’m thinking a 42-28 type game is in order but Dawgs still prevail.

3 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Y’all gonna score.  Remember Carthage lost their scrimmage when y’all made it game 1 instead.  They are going to be a little rusty and green early on.  I’m thinking a 42-28 type game is in order but Dawgs still prevail.

I will actually take a score like that...showing we competed early on against a team like that

14 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

I wouldn't even give us 7 pts...just make it 56-0...with all those guy returning from that unbelievable defense from last year...I highly doubt we score

I know you’re being silly, and I too believe it’ll be a really good game. 
Hoping the Carthage Bulldogs win something like 31-14.

I "think" Carthage lost around 9-10 starters on defense plus all everything Dixon which played multiple positions. But, they have so many good players coming up through their system they are still gonna be good. Especially with their QB getting his second year under Surratt. (They should score quite a bit)

Just don't see Carthage losing even though they are outmanned when it comes to enrollment.

11 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I "think" Carthage lost around 9-10 starters on defense plus all everything Dixon which played multiple positions. But, they have so many good players coming up through their system they are still gonna be good. Especially with their QB getting his second year under Surratt. (They should score quite a bit)

Just don't see Carthage losing even though they are outmanned when it comes to enrollment.

I would say about 90% of the entire 4A classification would be tickled pink to have what Carthage did NOT lose to graduation, not even counting those coming up from the lower ranks......LOL.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it will be a close game.  I know the coaching staff at Carthage will do a great job, but it is a lot of replacements on defense and no scrimmages.  Gonna take a minute to get everyone lined out.  

The way this season is starting, winning is far from important in this game.  Gonna be a lot of learning and a lot of player evaluation.

C-Dawgs by 7.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JBizzle said:

I think it will be a close game.  I know the coaching staff at Carthage will do a great job, but it is a lot of replacements on defense and no scrimmages.  Gonna take a minute to get everyone lined out.  

The way this season is starting, winning is far from important in this game.  Gonna be a lot of learning and a lot of player evaluation.

C-Dawgs by 7.

Carthage didn't get to scrimmage at all?