Soggy Start for 2020

WestRusk2009

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Power outages may last for several days into the weekend for some areas........they are saying the winds will be strong and possible tornados spinning off the storm.

wow, I have lived thru some biggies that were steaming into the US and as I said, lost all bluster to do more than a little on the mere coast (whip up some waves and throw a lot of rain)...then it be drier and hotter than ever all thru it and after it for us here a mere 200 miles inland in East Texas.

Just now, CoachPelvisPresley said:

wow, I have lived thru some biggies that were steaming into the US and as I said, lost all bluster to do more than a little on the mere coast (whip up some waves and throw a lot of rain)...then it be drier and hotter than ever all thru it and after it for us here a mere 200 miles inland in East Texas.

This one is sposed to be like Rita, which was still a Cat 1 when it got to tyler if im not mistaken........i do know y'all sposed to get tropical storm winds......

32 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

I can’t wait till Biden is POTUS and they’ll all leave that thread. 

Nope! I ain't a quitter. 😁

Besides, IF ol' Uncle Creepy wins then I get to turn the tables on the Dims. And bombard them with excuses and piddly made up lies about THEIR president. 😂

Latest projections have the storm making landfall a little bit right of Beaumont and then moving further right as it moves up northward tomorrow and  out of Texas.......so for the bad news this is actually better than what they were expecting and saying yesterday and last night.  Beaumont and the coastline down to Houston will be hit and inundated with tons of rain and storm surges that will be a major flooding event.  But maybe some of East Texas will be spared the brunt of this fierce Hurricane Laura.

Landfall any minute now.......officially when the eye is halfway onto the land.  Just outside of Cameron, La.  Northern edge of eyewall has not yet hit Lake Charles.  Beaumont is due west of the eyewall and missing the brunt of this storm.......hopefully Laura will track due north and give East Texas less fury.

Most of East Texas dodged a bullet for sure.  The Weather Channel had the storm surge at above 9 feet, but I don't think that ever materialized either.  Lots of trees and limbs down and some roofs damaged........could have been much worse but came in at Cameron instead of the Sabine.  Glad to hear so many games will still be played this Friday and Saturday.