Cameron Yoe vs. Mexia Blackcats

yoenation79

A very inexperenced Yoemen squad travels over to Mexia.  Hopefully that undefeated JV team from last season steps up. There could be some head shaking moments this season. 

Hopefully everyone will stay healthy and safe so we can get this season completed. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb

I got the black cats in this one. I think it will be a close game. They got that speedy back returning and a few good position players coming back on offense. Real question is at qb for the Mexia. Have no clue if they'll stay in the spread or goto power running with Abron coming in. I think they got their lb returning. That kid is a hoss. They had good size last year, and this game is at Mexia. I say Mexia by 7/10 points. 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Going with Mexia. Good luck to Coach Abron and the new OC Jeremy Griffin. OC is a Pewitt alumni. Played QB under Huckaby with the Slot T and ran it well in Hughes Springs as their OC. 

With what they have, they could go either way but there is a lot of talent on that team or in Mexia.

Guest Tiger03lb
3 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Gonna be exciting to see a team with great speed run that offense. It’s designed to get an extra step on the defense so if they have great speed it’ll be fun. Griffin passes the ball a lot with his version so the box isn’t so full. 

Wiley was probably one of the fastest rb's we had seen all year other than Jeffy. Sounds like a good fit. I think Abron will be a good fit for Mexia. He'll bring disciple to them and some better coaching, that's what they been missing. The talent is there. 

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Gonna be exciting to see a team with great speed run that offense. It’s designed to get an extra step on the defense so if they have great speed it’ll be fun. Griffin passes the ball a lot with his version so the box isn’t so full. 

What type of offense did Abron run at Pewitt?  Is he tied to a specific offense or does he design an offense to his talent?

This should be Cameron's youngest team since 2011 or 2014.  Lots of questions entering the new season, but I'll be paying close attention to the o-line and QB position.  Mexia may be in the slot-t, Bellville still bases out of the slot-t if I'm not mistaken, and Franklin still runs it.  Could see a lot of that over the next three weeks. 

Not sure what Cornerstone Christian is running, but if they're playing the likes of Calallen, Carthage and Wall, they must feel pretty good about themselves.  This may be Cameron's most challenging non-district schedule that I've seen, so it'll be interesting to see how this young group responds.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

This should be Cameron's youngest team since 2011 or 2014.  Lots of questions entering the new season, but I'll be paying close attention to the o-line and QB position.  Mexia may be in the slot-t, Bellville still bases out of the slot-t if I'm not mistaken, and Franklin still runs it.  Could see a lot of that over the next three weeks. 

Not sure what Cornerstone Christian is running, but if they're playing the likes of Calallen, Carthage and Wall, they must feel pretty good about themselves.  This may be Cameron's most challenging non-district schedule that I've seen, so it'll be interesting to see how this young group responds.  

09 have you heard any information on how Mexia ISD is going to handle the visitor ticketing for the game?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

09 have you heard any information on how Mexia ISD is going to handle the visitor ticketing for the game?

I have not heard anything yet on that.  I do know that Rockdale fans needed to have "tickets" to get into the scrimmage, had it been played. 

I would not be surprised if Mexia allows X amount of capacity, and then those tickets are dispersed to parents of participants.  I don't believe there will be ANY general admission tickets for home games.  That's the last I heard on that.  I felt that fans should have an opportunity to get tickets if there were still some available, but Cameron ISD may be taking a different stance.  Even though our gym has a large seating capacity, you can only get in with a ticket handed out to volleyball parents.  No general admission there, either.  All games will be video streamed to go along with KMIL audio. 

I'm officially back as part of the press for 2020.  

5 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

I have not heard anything yet on that.  I do know that Rockdale fans needed to have "tickets" to get into the scrimmage, had it been played. 

I would not be surprised if Mexia allows X amount of capacity, and then those tickets are dispersed to parents of participants.  I don't believe there will be ANY general admission tickets for home games.  That's the last I heard on that.  I felt that fans should have an opportunity to get tickets if there were still some available, but Cameron ISD may be taking a different stance.  Even though our gym has a large seating capacity, you can only get in with a ticket handed out to volleyball parents.  No general admission there, either.  All games will be video streamed to go along with KMIL audio. 

I'm officially back as part of the press for 2020.  

How are these streaming processes going to work in these smaller press boxes.  Social distancing can make that interesting on who will get access. 

I saw where Rockdale and( Lexington in 3a d2) was going to allow tickets for fans other than parents of participants.  The district should be unanimous on their decision on how the tickets are going to be distributed. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Mexia is moving to the slot t. Should be interesting to see and watch. Is yoe or mexia gonna have this steaming live?

6 hours ago, yoenation79 said:

You might already know but part of Mexia home side is also on the visitor side. Pretty messed up IMO. The home side on the North side are the seats that are covered that are the reserved seating. General admission home seating is on the South side with the visitors. SMH 

Guest Tiger03lb
5 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

Yes go to Kmil.com out of Cameron.  There will be a link there for the streaming. 

Thanks

11 minutes ago, player73 said:

You might already know but part of Mexia home side is also on the visitor side. Pretty messed up IMO. The home side on the North side are the seats that are covered that are the reserved seating. General admission home seating is on the South side with the visitors. SMH 

Yes I remember that now since you brought it up.  Met a few nice Mexia fans the last time we played over there. 

Strange setup.   Copperas Cove Bulldogs play in a stadium that have stands only on one side of the field.  Makes for an interesting night.  

14 hours ago, DBoyz1969 said:

I'm going to ask a couple of schools if they would be interested in a dual camera that can stream live sport games for those who can't attend. It plugs in to the score board etc..I don't know if it has commentary on it or not. If not you can always listen to the radio  hopefully there is no delay. I personally think it would be awesome. Its free for the schools to have it installed. Let me know if you think your school or schools would be interested i will contact them for you.

I think this game will be live streamed

21 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Just heard. They not have the offense down yet?

Mexia just isn’t moving well against the Yoe. I’d like to think it’s a sign of the Yoe defense being stout but it’s probably somewhere in between the two.

Yoe threw a pick on first pass play of the year and it was intercepted and returned within the 10-yard line, and Mexia had to settle for a field goal. It has been all Yoe since.