Cameron Yoe vs. Mexia Blackcats

yoenation79

I'll take a bite of that crow.  I was expecting more out of Mexia offensively with that speed they possessed last year.  They have a way to go with that new offense.  

Yoe consistently shot themself in the foot with those high snaps.   You would of thought that they would of pulled that center.  Over and over it was an issue on offense.  

Defensively they played that slot t about as well as you could have.  There were just a few let downs in the second half.  

13 minutes ago, yoenation79 said:

I'll take a bite of that crow.  I was expecting more out of Mexia offensively with that speed they possessed last year.  They have a way to go with that new offense.  

Yoe consistently shot themself in the foot with those high snaps.   You would of thought that they would of pulled that center.  Over and over it was an issue on offense.  

Defensively they played that slot t about as well as you could have.  There were just a few let downs in the second half.  

Hey, both sides were raw. Mexia has a new coach and no scrimmages, we had a new QB and RB and six sophs on D.  Honestly, coulda gone either way. D played top shelf in the first half, Mexia shook it off and our D slacked a little in the second, but held when they needed to. Considering they held that offense to, what 26 yards until halfway through the third? Dammit, son. Like you said, we shot ourselves in the foot a few times. Coulda been worse. 

Johnson and others have potential. Need to cultivate it. Can't be a one-man show. Mexia D keyed on Spikes after he burned them a couple times. 

A: How are we snapping the ball over the head of a 6'3 QB?

B: Were we having cleat issues??? 

😄 Am I gonna be the first one to say Eduardo Gil could be the next Edgar Luna?

Game's in the books. Just gotta take it to the field house and work on what needs to be worked on and sharpen up the rest. 

1 hour ago, yoenation79 said:

Certainly an ugly game, but not surprising.  This is week one and you have one team that is extremely young and another trying to implement a new system. 

What won this game for Cameron was the defensive front, as there were some lineman living in the backfield. You have to be very pleased with the defensive performance as a whole. 

The Cameron offense - particularly in the second half - simply didn't do a whole lot. Turnovers, really bad penalties at the wrong time, and multiple bad snaps.  We did see in the first half what I figured was going to be a strength of the team, and that was the deep ball.  Receivers are the bright spot of the offense.  QB and o-line will need to progress over time.  

Things get taken up a notch in a big way over the next three weeks.  Bellville is going to be fine-tuned with a load of players returning.  It's never easy beating Franklin on the road, and Cornerstone Christian just beat 4A DI #4 Calallen tonight.  

• Like 1

When did that change take place and why?  Cornerstone is playing ball as they defeated a well coached Calallen team. 

8 hours ago, Yoe09 said:

Check that on the schedule.  Cameron is now playing Lexington instead of Cornerstone.  No offense, but a significant difference.  Additionally, it does not look like they're playing Carthage anymore.  

• Like 1