The Smoakhouse Forums

What all did Hooks have coming back? I know that QB graduated but i heard through the grapevine they had another one in the wings that is a stud as well. 

25 minutes ago, chevyman said:

What all did Hooks have coming back? I know that QB graduated but i heard through the grapevine they had another one in the wings that is a stud as well. 

The leading rusher from last year is back, and the QB was a back up last year and starting WR. He is committed to New Mexico. Couple receivers and linemen return as well. Gonna be a pretty decent team.

14 minutes ago, Cannon85 said:

The leading rusher from last year is back, and the QB was a back up last year and starting WR. He is committed to New Mexico. Couple receivers and linemen return as well. Gonna be a pretty decent team.

I thought he was coming back. I believe he was banged up against us in the playoff game? Sounds like a solid team. Looking forward to seeing you guys next week.

Think i just saw on Mt Vernon facebook page that there would be a stream tonight. Not sure of link but it said check back around game time

• Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I said they was gon run the rack and go jerworld and people laughed... aight 

Im not sure i would equate putting a whooping on Hooks to them going to jerry world. They are a good team but i am going to wait and see their results vs stronger opponents

Yes sir,but now all the bs from last year has faded away,briles can get down to coaching...and he’s one damn fine coach.the turn around will get People’s attention when professional quality coaching meets up with talent,all the drama is gone and it’s football now,and mr briles knows football,these kids are getting something they wouldn’t see outside a d-1 college. Js 

31 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yes sir,but now all the bs from last year has faded away,briles can get down to coaching...and he’s one damn fine coach.the turn around will get People’s attention when professional quality coaching meets up with talent,all the drama is gone and it’s football now,and mr briles knows football,these kids are getting something they wouldn’t see outside a d-1 college. Js 

If they stay injury free they will go deep. They let off the gas after halftime or it could have been an even more lop sided basketball score. The professional coaching is one thing, but they have playmakers all over the field. I will be rooting for them the rest of the way.

MV is a good team for sure.  Hooks played with no emotion. MV and the state finals at this point is still what I consider way to early to call

51 minutes ago, OLEMAN said:

MV is a good team for sure.  Hooks played with no emotion. MV and the state finals at this point is still what I consider way to early to call

Agreed. I just said they would make some noise. There’s a lot of good teams in this region