Elysian Fields @ Joaquin

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Joaquin   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Joaquin

• Jackets
    • Rams

6 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

We didn’t play Joaquin last year not that remember if we did must of been a Scrimmage. 

Correct. We scrimmaged y’all at EF last year. I’m speaking of this year and next year. It’s a home and home series for 20-21. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Correct. We scrimmaged y’all at EF last year. I’m speaking of this year and next year. It’s a home and home series for 20-21. 

Oh ok didn’t know that.  I would like to play in a Neutral site next week so we could get more fans in.  Any idea how may visitor fans you guys can hold with the covid rules? 

1 minute ago, jacket52 said:

Bet you struggle to cross Mid field next Fri unless we turn ball over. 

We’ve got a lot of improvements to make if we’re gonna stay in a game with EF. We got a win tonight, but I can see EF being the best team we will play this season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacket52 said:

Oh ok didn’t know that.  I would like to play in a Neutral site next week so we could get more fans in.  Any idea how may visitor fans you guys can hold with the covid rules? 

I believe we’re allotting 300 visitors seats. It is what it is. Trust me. If it were my decision, there would be no restrictions. But UIL left me off the email. Go figure. 

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

We’ve got a lot of improvements to make if we’re gonna stay in a game with EF. We got a win tonight, but I can see EF being the best team we will play this season. 

EF didn’t play its best tonight by no means and if Ford don’t let some young guys play in last 2 min we beat Harmony by 3 TD’s.  This Def is best EF has had in a long time they finally have gotten physical.  The offense surprisingly moved the ball almost completely on the Ground tonight which was a shock but was Great to see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Gonna be a tough game For Joaquin  . Seems like EF is stronger this year than last . And Joaquin is alot younger and weaker 

We will be in same boat next year I believe.  Lot of experience on this current team and we will be young next season. 

Just now, jacket52 said:

EF didn’t play its best tonight by no means and if Ford don’t let some young guys play in last 2 min we beat Harmony by 3 TD’s.  This Def is best EF has had in a long time they finally have gotten physical.  The offense surprisingly moved the ball almost completely on the Ground tonight which was a shock but was Great to see.

Ground game is the best. Airing it out is exciting but running the ball is awesome

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacket52 said:

The better question is why we playing them in Joaquin !  I have never liked playing this game if you win your suppose to win and if you lose your left wondering why the heck you played them especially on the ROAD !!! Not good scheduling on our part. 

Scheduling is not that easy.  You have to work with the opposing coach to make sure you both have enough home games. They are 2 year contracts. So if EF would have played at home against them, next year they only would have 4 home games.   You dont just call up the coach at Joaquin and tell him, we are playing and we are going to play it in EF both years.   He would then tell you to go....

1 minute ago, Eagle1986 said:

Scheduling is not that easy.  You have to work with the opposing coach to make sure you both have enough home games. They are 2 year contracts. So if EF would have played at home against them, next year they only would have 4 home games.   You dont just call up the coach at Joaquin and tell him, we are playing and we are going to play it in EF both years.   He would then tell you to go....

Didn’t know it was a home and home and last years was just a scrimmage.  Didn’t realize they was coming to EF next season as well. 

1 minute ago, jacket52 said:

Didn’t know it was a home and home and last years was just a scrimmage.  Didn’t realize they was coming to EF next season as well. 

Yes, each realignment year ( every 2 years) you schedule your non district opponents in 2 year contracts, then the next realignment comes out and you do it again.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Park and watch from the fence if you can’t get in

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

How's y'all field, I haven't been to Joaquin since '86?

It’s in great shape. Friday will be the first game on it this year. The grass is doing great. In fact, we have it scheduled for another cutting of hay next Saturday! 

• LOL! 1

26 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

It’s in great shape. Friday will be the first game on it this year. The grass is doing great. In fact, we have it scheduled for another cutting of hay next Saturday! 

That chicken litter did wonders.  You ever seen so few acres produce 68 round bales?

31 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I heard it got flooded out

21 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I heard it got flooded out

Yes it was under water yesterday morning, but it dries quickly. With the sun on it yesterday and today, it will probably be playable tomorrow. Hopefully no floods on it this week. We need that hay.