Elysian Fields @ Joaquin

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Joaquin   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Joaquin

• Jackets
    • Rams

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

I would want EF on a wet field honestly.

I don’t. We have to stay healthy. I’m good with this one being a measuring stick. We need to play a good football team to see where we stand and expose our weaknesses. Playing on a wet field just increases the likelihood of injuries that screw up a season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I don’t. We have to stay healthy. I’m good with this one being a measuring stick. We need to play a good football team to see where we stand and expose our weaknesses. Playing on a wet field just increases the likelihood of injuries that screw up a season. 

I agree with you, we don’t need kids hurt and Specially get hurt because of a field condition, I’m looking forward to a good game between EF and Joaquin under the Friday night lights, I don’t think EF and Joaquin played a regular season football game sense 91are 92 I believe the last time they played it was a playoff game in Tatum the beat us by penetration, the score was 21-21

14 minutes ago, rock95 said:

I agree with you, we don’t need kids hurt and Specially get hurt because of a field condition, I’m looking forward to a good game between EF and Joaquin under the Friday night lights, I don’t think EF and Joaquin played a regular season football game sense 91are 92 I believe the last time they played it was a playoff game in Tatum the beat us by penetration, the score was 21-21

Yep. Ol’ Trueblue himself played in that one. Big crowd over there. 1990. 

22 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

We scrimmaged EF last year and gave em all they wanted. Hard to say who wins a scrimmage but we scored more than them and they had no answer for power run. EF will have athletes and QB is good.... Oughta be a good test for Ram defense and our run game will be a good test for their defense that historically doesn’t get real physical 

You will be surprised at the physicality of EF’s defense and their offensive running game. Last years scrimmage Joaquin did dominate EF physically. No doubt about that and any EF fan that watched it can’t deny it if they are being honest with themselves. But a whole lot has changed on EF’s side since then. Defensive coaching changes, philosophy, scheme, mentality change, position changes, and depth. It won’t be the same as the scrimmage. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

You will be surprised at the physicality of EF’s defense and their offensive running game. Last years scrimmage Joaquin did dominate EF physically. No doubt about that and any EF fan that watched it can’t deny it if they are being honest with themselves. But a whole lot has changed on EF’s side since then. Defensive coaching changes, philosophy, scheme, mentality change, position changes, and depth. It won’t be the same as the scrimmage. 

Of course it won’t. Remember, 4 of that O-line graduated, as did the entire starting backfield from that scrimmage. That was among the top 3 teams we’ve ever fielded. At our level, losing 8 starters on either side of the ball is tough. When you lose that many on each side of the ball and they’re mostly the same kids, you can’t expect to just keep right on rolling. We’re a work in progress. 

On 8/29/2020 at 9:56 PM, trueblue82 said:

Of course it won’t. Remember, 4 of that O-line graduated, as did the entire starting backfield from that scrimmage. That was among the top 3 teams we’ve ever fielded. At our level, losing 8 starters on either side of the ball is tough. When you lose that many on each side of the ball and they’re mostly the same kids, you can’t expect to just keep right on rolling. We’re a work in progress. 

What's the rain chances in east TX this week by Friday?

29 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

They should have gotten some rain yesterday. They may have been a little north of it. But a good little storm moved across the area yesterday. There field may be soft on Friday night.

Harmony game has switched to Hughes Spring because of poor field conditions 

On 8/31/2020 at 2:19 PM, LionKing12172920 said:

EF wins huge

I would refer you EF fans predicting a blowout to my old buddy from Corrigan Camden. They were saying the same thing the last two years. Now granted, our team this year is very young, and EF is probably one of the better teams we’ve faced over the past few years. Coach Lawson and his staff thrive in the underdog role. Don’t be surprised if this one is closer than you expect. 

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I would refer you EF fans predicting a blowout to my old buddy from Corrigan Camden. They were saying the same thing the last two years. Now granted, our team this year is very young, and EF is probably one of the better teams we’ve faced over the past few years. Coach Lawson and his staff thrive in the underdog role. Don’t be surprised if this one is closer than you expect. 

I’m not trying to sound cocky but I’m confident in EF for this year’s game. If EF doesn’t beat themselves, they will take it to Joaquin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

I’m not trying to sound cocky but I’m confident in EF for this year’s game. If EF doesn’t beat themselves, they will take it to Joaquin. 

You should be confident in your team. I’ve seen them on film. Good looking team. I’m saying we don’t get blown out very often. 

• Like 1