1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Joaquin   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Joaquin

• Jackets
    • Rams

Just now, TDJ89 said:

Why not just play tomorrow 

Weather for tomorrow is iffy at best. Would have to pay officials to come back. Plus it puts both teams playing tough opponents next week on a short turnaround and a holiday on Monday. Not playing was a mutual decision between the coaches. 

1 hour ago, TDJ89 said:

Why not just play tomorrow 

Ef coach wanted to play tomorrow at 6. Joaquin coach said no, he didn’t want to.  Buddy was standing there under the awning with EFs Ford and Joaquin’s Lawson and 3 refs in front of the locker rooms when Ford asked him to play tomorrow at 6. Lawson then said he was going to the press box to get them to make the announcement the game was canceled and not made up

weather forecast is fine tomorrow, only a 10% chance 

always feel bad for the kids in these situations, the seniors get a game taken away.  No reason not to play tomorrow.  EF even plays in Thursday next week and was willing to play tomorrow. 

my buddy got a sense that the Joaquin coach was happy just not to play and move on. 

he said many other EF fans were standing there and a few Joaquin fans when Ford made the offer to play tomorrow. Said both coaches were impressed the field was still in great shape tonight after all the rain 

I wish it would have bern canceled in Diana tonight;)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eagle1986 said:

Ef coach wanted to play tomorrow at 6. Joaquin coach said no, he didn’t want to.  Buddy was standing there under the awning with EFs Ford and Joaquin’s Lawson and 3 refs in front of the locker rooms when Ford asked him to play tomorrow at 6. Lawson then said he was going to the press box to get them to make the announcement the game was canceled and not made up

weather forecast is fine tomorrow, only a 10% chance 

always feel bad for the kids in these situations, the seniors get a game taken away.  No reason not to play tomorrow.  EF even plays in Thursday next week and was willing to play tomorrow. 

my buddy got a sense that the Joaquin coach was happy just not to play and move on. 

he said many other EF fans were standing there and a few Joaquin fans when Ford made the offer to play tomorrow. Said both coaches were impressed the field was still in great shape tonight after all the rain 

I wish it would have bern canceled in Diana tonight;)

Wow, someone from Joaquin said earlier it was a mutual decision not to play lol....guess Joaquin didn't wanna take the L.

2 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

Is that not a forfeit? If one team is willing to play a scheduled game and the other team just straight up declines for whatever reason...that’s a forfeit is it not?

It’s a non-district game. Not sure that it matters. But if it makes you feel better, call it a forfeit. Good luck with the rest of y’all season. 

1 minute ago, TDJ89 said:

Looks like it was to your coach 

He told me his reasons for not playing on Saturday. Everything he does is about making our football team better. I’ll believe his word over your buddy’s heresay all day long and twice on Sunday. No other area games that were canceled tonight are being played tomorrow. Again, good luck with the rest of your season. 

10 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

It’s a non-district game. Not sure that it matters. But if it makes you feel better, call it a forfeit. Good luck with the rest of y’all season. 

No its not a forfiet. My friend did not at all say anything about anyone being scared to play anyone.  Just the Joaquin coach was not wanting to play tomorrow and seemed to him just ready to move on. 

the decision to not play tonight was a mutual decision by both coaches 

4 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

He told me his reasons for not playing on Saturday. Everything he does is about making our football team better. I’ll believe his word over your buddy’s heresay all day long and twice on Sunday. No other area games that were canceled tonight are being played tomorrow. Again, good luck with the rest of your season. 

please explain what hearsay my buddy said that was untrue?  You just said thr coach told you his reasons for Not playing tomorrow.  That is exactly what  I posted he said.  He didn’t want to play.  I didn’t post any reason for him not wanting to play, just that he was ready to move on. That exactly what my buddy said. Seems you confirmed that 

It does matter as it relates to your season and ours. That’s one less game to get ready for district. It’s the whole reason you schedule preseason games. To just bow out cause of a lack of intestinal fortitude is inexcusable. What kind of message does that send to your players?
That’s my two cents, which isn’t worth much....Good luck to y’all this season. May your ego’s remain intact for the entire 2020 season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

It does matter as it relates to your season and ours. That’s one less game to get ready for district. It’s the whole reason you schedule preseason games. To just bow out cause of a lack of intestinal fortitude is inexcusable. What kind of message does that send to your players?
That’s my two cents, which isn’t worth much....Good luck to y’all this season. May your ego’s remain intact for the entire 2020 season.

That might very well be the dumbest thing posted on SDC since the last Gilmer/ Daingerfield game. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. Now, go to your room and think about what you’ve done! 

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

That might very well be the dumbest thing posted on SDC since the last Gilmer/ Daingerfield game. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. Now, go to your room and think about what you’ve done! 

The truth usually does burn the worst.

34 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

You wanna share to us what his reason was for not wanting to play on Saturday  at 6 and making his team better?

1 minute ago, TDJ89 said:

You wanna share to us what his reason was for not wanting to play on Saturday  at 6 and making his team better?

He doesn’t want to play another good football team on a short week. What another coach wants to do is irrelevant to him. We weren’t getting the game in tonight, so he’s ready to move on to the next one. Simple enough. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, BIGILL79 said:

🤡

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

He doesn’t want to play another good football team on a short week. What another coach wants to do is irrelevant to him. We weren’t getting the game in tonight, so he’s ready to move on to the next one. Simple enough. 

Good luck on making it to the state championship game, the smaller schools play on a short week, can't back out then.

• Like 1