Elysian Fields @ Joaquin

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Joaquin   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Joaquin

• Jackets
    • Rams

My son had a emergency Appendectomy yesterday and first thing he asked the surgeon was can I still go to the game tonight !  Of course he told him No but what I getting at is the reason EF Coaches, Players and Fans are upset is we got a special TEAM this season and we want to watch them play every chance we get.  But I bet after Joaquin not playing on Saturday, after we get our game at home next year prob be a while before these 2 teams play again. 

PS - I was there last night with my Daughter to watch the game cause in EF it just means more! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacket52 said:

My son had a emergency Appendectomy yesterday and first thing he asked the surgeon was can I still go to the game tonight !  Of course he told him No but what I getting at is the reason EF Coaches, Players and Fans are upset is we got a special TEAM this season and we want to watch them play every chance we get.  But I bet after Joaquin not playing on Saturday, after we get our game at home next year prob be a while before these 2 teams play again. 

PS - I was there last night with my Daughter to watch the game cause in EF it just means more! 

🙏 for your son. Would you like a phone number for the coaches at Arp, Tenaha, and San Augustine? They all canceled as well, and I don’t believe any of those games are being played today. I visited with a group of EF fans while waiting out the storm. Nice folks. None of them seemed particularly excited about making the drive again today. But you’ve sit there in your orange and white PJs and keep telling yourself people are scared of your team and your coach. BTW, your mama said you better take out the trash before she gets home. 

Bottom line if Joaquin had the team they had last year you know the one they said gave EF all they wanted in the scrimmage they would have played us today,  kids practice football all week and for them not to get rewards is a shame, that’s just like if you work all week and don’t get pay check how would you feel 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

🙏 for your son. Would you like a phone number for the coaches at Arp, Tenaha, and San Augustine? They all canceled as well, and I don’t believe any of those games are being played today. I visited with a group of EF fans while waiting out the storm. Nice folks. None of them seemed particularly excited about making the drive again today. But you’ve sit there in your orange and white PJs and keep telling yourself people are scared of your team and your coach. BTW, your mama said you better take out the trash before she gets home. 

Trust me, the EF fans would've love to come back to Joaquin today to watch them play 

1 minute ago, rock95 said:

Bottom line if Joaquin had the team they had last year you know the one they said gave EF all they wanted in the scrimmage they would have played us today,  kids practice football all week and for them not to get rewards is a shame, that’s just like if you work all week and don’t get pay check how would you feel 

You don’t know our coaching staff. To get on the Internet and declare what they “would have” done in this or that situation is just plain stupid. I heard from a source just as reliable as you that during scheduling back in February, EF flat turned down a game with San Augustine. Y’all scared of the big bad wolves? They’re available today. You want their coach’s number? 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

You don’t know our coaching staff. To get on the Internet and declare what they “would have” done in this or that situation is just plain stupid. I heard from a source just as reliable as you that during scheduling back in February, EF flat turned down a game with San Augustine. Y’all scared of the big bad wolves? They’re available today. You want their coach’s number? 

That’s hilarious considering EF played Harmony and is Playing Daingerfield in non District. EF has played Winona for what seems like forever now so only week we could of played them would of been this week instead of Joaquin so not sure I believe you. 

1 minute ago, trueblue82 said:

Whoa whoa, we didn't want none of them Wolves, that's why we rescheduled for a weaker team in Joaquin lol. 

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I know enough about your coaching staff, just not going to say it on here, at that time if we turned down SA it was because the schedule was already filled,

Doesn’t matter one little bit who would’ve won or lost had the game been played. Stop making yourself feel good by gloating about how much EF was gonna donkey stomp Ole Joe last night. Been many a team come in there thinkn the same and left with a bad taste in their mouth. If you can’t seriously reason that playing on Saturday affects next week game prep and recovery time for players and extra money spent by both schools and our field which isn’t very durable would’ve been destroyed in a preseason game and then be garbage for our district contest then perhaps your stinger isn’t very sharp in the first place Gnat52.....So just sit back and RELAX and get practicing so next year you’ll be ready for us come on over and ruin your homecoming.

3 minutes ago, rock95 said:

I know enough about your coaching staff, just not going to say it on here, at that time if we turned down SA it was because the schedule was already filled,

I consider our staff personal friends of mine. They have their reasons for everything they do, and what’s best for OUR kids is always the top priority. What a couple of keyboard warriors from EF thinks is not on his radar at all. But keep telling yourself your opinion matters if it makes you feel better. 

11 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I consider our staff personal friends of mine. They have their reasons for everything they do, and what’s best for OUR kids is always the top priority. What a couple of keyboard warriors from EF thinks is not on his radar at all. But keep telling yourself your opinion matters if it makes you feel better. 

Dude first of all we almost not had a high school football season because of this Covid-19 a lot  of us was praying about it I’m just leave it alone good luck Joaquin on the rest of your season 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rock95 said:

Dude first of all we almost not had a high school football season because of this Covid-19 a lot  of us was praying about it I’m just leave it alone good luck Joaquin on the rest of your season 

I totally agree. 

1 hour ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Doesn’t matter one little bit who would’ve won or lost had the game been played. Stop making yourself feel good by gloating about how much EF was gonna donkey stomp Ole Joe last night. Been many a team come in there thinkn the same and left with a bad taste in their mouth. If you can’t seriously reason that playing on Saturday affects next week game prep and recovery time for players and extra money spent by both schools and our field which isn’t very durable would’ve been destroyed in a preseason game and then be garbage for our district contest then perhaps your stinger isn’t very sharp in the first place Gnat52.....So just sit back and RELAX and get practicing so next year you’ll be ready for us come on over and ruin your homecoming.

Personally I would’ve offered to play at EF Tonight instead of not playing .  That gets your team prepared AND saves the field for district.  

4 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

We’re you standing there when the conversation happened?  Just curious?

No I spoke with Coach Lawson just before and just after the meeting with the EF coach. I can assure everyone of one thing. EF is the furthest thing from his mind. Those guys are all in on preparing for Groveton. 

13 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

No I spoke with Coach Lawson just before and just after the meeting with the EF coach. I can assure everyone of one thing. EF is the furthest thing from his mind. Those guys are all in on preparing for Groveton. 

Whatever the reason it’s time to move on.