Gladewater 0-1 vs Spring Hill 0-1

Golfingnut

41 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I say GW by 21 which I think will be a statement against SH...that is if GW defense shows up...

I wouldn’t say a 21 point win is destroying anyone, even if they are in a higher classification.  If GW holds SH to under 150 yards of total offense, causes multiple turnovers, and wins by 28+ that is destroying an opponent.  I do not see that happening next Fri.  If I’m wrong I’ll admit it.

Just now, PantherNation2015 said:

I wouldn’t say a 21 point win is destroying anyone, even if they are in a higher classification.  If GW holds SH to under 150 yards of total offense, causes multiple turnovers, and wins by 28+ that is destroying an opponent.  I do not see that happening next Fri.  If I’m wrong I’ll admit it.

I can accept that.  I think it will be interesting to see how GW reacts after losing to Gilmer and SH losing a close game.  SH is going to have to hold onto the ball and keep their offense on the field...I don't know about SH skill players so it will be fun to see....this game in GW or SH?

5 minutes ago, kingwolf said:

I can accept that.  I think it will be interesting to see how GW reacts after losing to Gilmer and SH losing a close game.  SH is going to have to hold onto the ball and keep their offense on the field...I don't know about SH skill players so it will be fun to see....this game in GW or SH?

Homecoming for GW

Just now, kingwolf said:

Game is in GW.  SH had 0 turnovers last night.  Took care of the ball pretty well for game 1.  Probably should have had a couple INT’s but Sabine could not pull them down.  Stovall will get more comfortable as the season progresses and will make some throws he missed last night.  GW gonna have to stop the run between the tackles.  If SH can get some momentum and get some 1st downs on a few drives we will slow the game down and limit GW possessions and points.  We have some speed in skill spots.  Maybe not Allen speed but not far behind.  SH will need to play assignment defense and tackle in space.  If the Panthers can take care of the little things and execute we will hang around into the 4th.

3 hours ago, kingwolf said:

No doubt the missed tackles were the biggest problem.  I would have like to see some roll outs or shotgun snaps that rolled the pocket and not off play action.....you guys have some very nice talent...

I agree. He would have had a better change rolling out from the shotgun. Under center just wasn't happening last night.

5 hours ago, kingwolf said:

Gladewater is going to destroy SH in this game.  It won't even be a close game.  If GW OC would have had their QB roll out and away from the pressure, that game may have ended different last night...they are going to be fun to watch.

GW OC knows where the pressure is coming from when he calls the plays? 

Just now, kingwolf said:

Oh I am sure he does, I am just a "in the stands" expert who could have lead them to a national title last night....

I believe it. But let’s try baby steps first. Something along the lines of outright district title since dropping from 4A. Then take on the Bamas of the world. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

Man. Being Co-Champ with number one seed is sure a downer. Maybe Tatum will be able to squeak by the Bears soon, but history says otherwise. 

when we are co-champs we don’t get knocked out first round either. 

Funny you mention history...................................

2 hours ago, Acewell said:

The SH offense will eventually execute well enough to compete.

The Defense has to do better tackling in space.

Other than the Sabine QB scramble for a TD, I thought the Panther D played pretty well.  Holding your opponent to 17 points is about all you can ask from a D who replaced 7.  And I agree the O will execute.  It’s all timing.  Gotta continue to grind and put in the work and the results will come.

4 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

The young QB will get it figured out. Still had a chance at the end, but that’s where the inexperience got us. Gladewater isn’t Sabine though, bigger and certainly faster. Louvier knows the players and offense well. Gladewater wins.

You can’t ask for much more than the ball with 3 minutes and 3 TO’s to go win or tie.  The PF on the punt return and the holding  call on a 15 yard run a few plays later are the little things we must fix moving forward.  Right now our margin for error is thin and overcoming those type mistakes in crunch time against good teams is tough.

Against GW the offense must be unpredictable given JL’s familiarity with the O.  We have to throw some on running downs and run some on throwing downs to help neutralize that advantage.  I’d like to see Stovall pull a few and run them from time to time on the RPO’s.  We were fairly predictable against Sabine and didn’t really take advantage of some of the looks we saw.