Gladewater 0-1 vs Spring Hill 0-1

Golfingnut

51 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I can respect that.  If the score is close, say 8 or less or possibly a loss, does that say more about SH or GW?

i would definitely be surprised if it were that close.  I think it would say more about Gladewater than it would for Spring Hill, because, for whatever reason, it seems like the Bears seem to have some bad games every season in the past.  I don't think that will happen under Jonny's watch.  I think the Bears will be much more consistent throughout the season now.

23 minutes ago, PapaBear1 said:

Bears need to figure out how to tackle. Not sure I’ve seen a Bear Def that played as bad as last Friday Night.

I think a lot of that had to do with the other players as well lol but honestly they won’t have to worry about a running QB that can throw also and depth shouldn’t be an issue this game 

46 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I think a lot of that had to do with the other players as well lol but honestly they won’t have to worry about a running QB that can throw also and depth shouldn’t be an issue this game 

Just because Stovall didn’t tuck it and run vs Sabine doesn’t mean he can’t & won’t.  I think he was coached pretty hard not too.  But as he gets more comfortable in the pocket he will take the 10-15 yard scramble vs throwing into coverage, out of bounds, or taking the sack.

7 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Just because Stovall didn’t tuck it and run vs Sabine doesn’t mean he can’t & won’t.  I think he was coached pretty hard not too.  But as he gets more comfortable in the pocket he will take the 10-15 yard scramble vs throwing into coverage, out of bounds, or taking the sack.

Not the same a designed QB run 

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

That I will agree with to a certain extent but when multiple players miss the tackle on one play there’s no excuse even if you are tackling Barry Sanders 😂 

2 hours ago, PapaBear1 said:

Bears need to figure out how to tackle. Not sure I’ve seen a Bear Def that played as bad as last Friday Night.

Horrible tackling. Especially on the 4th down late in the game where we had Tennison surrounded 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage. Get that stop and you are still in the game. 

I agree GW defense will have to be better, I also agree that the Gilmer offense had a lot to do with how bad our defense looked. I also believe our offense has the potential to be one of the greatest offense's in program history.... could easily average 40ish points a game.... we probably CAN run the ball down SH throat friday and win the game handily BUT I'd rather continue to be multiple on offense and work on developing the passing game to where it can be relied upon when we need to... 

2 hours ago, bearnation said:

I agree GW defense will have to be better, I also agree that the Gilmer offense had a lot to do with how bad our defense looked. I also believe our offense has the potential to be one of the greatest offense's in program history.... could easily average 40ish points a game.... we probably CAN run the ball down SH throat friday and win the game handily BUT I'd rather continue to be multiple on offense and work on developing the passing game to where it can be relied upon when we need to... 

+1000 pre season games are to develop the team in all areas. 

15 hours ago, BearFan13 said:

+1000 pre season games are to develop the team in all areas. 

and by develop i mean not run the same 3 route combinations (baby screen, 8 yard out route, and the go route)

lets start mixing in those slants and stop n go's, drag routes, flag routes, etc (that is if the qb has time to throw the ball)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BearFan13 said:

DJ picked up his second offer this morning from New Mexico 

Boyd picked one up from them the other day. Can’t remember the last time this district (core teams at least) had this much interest from “bigger schools”...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

I’m sure they will come. He was off the field a lot his junior year due to injuries after a spectacular sophomore season. Guy had 42 TDs  And nearly 4000 yards his sophomore and junior season. 

Colleges are on to the 22s........ 21s can still get something this late in game though.