Week 2 Van vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Van vs Malakoff   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

Just now, Tiger03lb said:

What does Van bring back this year? How are you guys looking? I think you guys lost a lot from last years team. 

We graduated a bunch. I think there's only about six returning from last year. JV was stout last year though, so lots of good athletes coming up. They looked good against Palestine, for a first game. All they need is a few games on Friday to iron out the bugs. Playing teams like Malakoff can only help as we get into district.

22 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

We graduated a bunch. I think there's only about six returning from last year. JV was stout last year though, so lots of good athletes coming up. They looked good against Palestine, for a first game. All they need is a few games on Friday to iron out the bugs. Playing teams like Malakoff can only help as we get into district.

The number of returners is kind of deceiving. We have about 6 that started the year last year as starters but close to 10 that played a lot by the end of the year due to year ending injuries. 

1 minute ago, VictoryFormation said:

The number of returners is kind of deceiving. We have about 6 that started the year last year as starters but close to 10 that played a lot by the end of the year due to year ending injuries. 

True, we were super plagued with injuries last year. By the end of the season there were a lot of new faces.

On 8/29/2020 at 11:47 AM, VictoryFormation said:

We got an email yesterday saying only participants parents can attend. Even if the stadium isn’t huge I can’t fathom that the visitor side only holds about 500 people since it appears we will only get 250 or so tickets. I am not even sure if bands are traveling to games. Palestine didn’t travel. 

Band travel depends on host ISD Covid rules and well as DEC rules. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Hopefully it'll be good for both the teams and we can maybe start playing each other each year. I know it's been awhile since we played you guys. Look forward to Friday.

Guest Tiger03lb

29-13 koff halftime

Other than the two screen passes, one for a td and the other to setup a td pass, we have held Van in place. Koff offense is doing good, other than penalties. Peace is making plays and extending them to get yards. This is my opinion, but wondering why Van doesn't use #6 a little bit more. He's got some power to him. 

Guest Tiger03lb

43-13 koff 1019 left in the game. Jone had a long catch to the 1 yd line draging 2 defenders about 5 yards before being stopped. #10 Langley with a 1 yd td run