Winnsboro @ Hooks 9/4

chevyman

On 8/29/2020 at 2:19 PM, Cannon85 said:

I just hope we put a better performance than we have the last two games. Hopefully that woodsheding we recieved last night will wake them up.

Seem to be moving at half speed. The lack of a lot of contact because of Covid May played a part.  They are better than they showed.  The O line has new faces.  They have size but not a lot of playing time at the varsity level.  They will either have it by dist play or

I know Hooks will be looking to avenge last years early playoff exit to the Raiders this year plus also be wanting to give a better showing than last week. They will be fired up. Winny will also be fired up to get out on the field. Should be a great game.

1 minute ago, chevyman said:

I know Hooks will be looking to avenge last years early playoff exit to the Raiders this year plus also be wanting to give a better showing than last week. They will be fired up. Winny will also be fired up to get out on the field. Should be a great game.

Yes I like Winnsboro in the game but I think it’ll be a better game than most think. Good season opener for Winnsboro

8 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

Yes I like Winnsboro in the game but I think it’ll be a better game than most think. Good season opener for Winnsboro

Yes they have plenty of athletes with loads of ability. The big key will be can the Raiders keep them from getting a fast start? I thought their very poor start the other night was the whole game. Completely shut down after the first few minutes. If they jump out early this week, it will be a totally different ball game.

17 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I hope we show a little more than we did last week. If you cant get up for a revenge game, you should look inside..

18 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

How many does Winny bring back from last years team? 

Not sure of exact number but all skill positions besides 2 kids returned. Offensive line from last year graduated. Multiple kids from an undefeated JV a year ago are now in the vacant spots. Lots of experience for sure

3 minutes ago, chevyman said:

Not sure of exact number but all skill positions besides 2 kids returned. Offensive line from last year graduated. Multiple kids from an undefeated JV a year ago are now in the vacant spots. Lots of experience for sure

Didn't know the JV was undefeated. Heard there was a freshmen team too? Seems Finney has revitalized the place.

Winny 42- Hooks 14   partially because I'd rather believe Hooks isn't very good than believe MVBU is that good. 

• Roll Eyes 1

10 minutes ago, mrclean69 said:

Didn't know the JV was undefeated. Heard there was a freshmen team too? Seems Finney has revitalized the place.

Winny 42- Hooks 14   partially because I'd rather believe Hooks isn't very good than believe MVBU is that good. 

Yes JV only allowed one offensive touchdown last year and they have started this year with back to back 44-0 victories. There are actually 2 freshman  teams with a few freshman playing on the JV

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mrclean69 said:

Hooks is struggling on both side of the ball.  Don’t know if they will be able to salvage the year.  Starting QB is out with a broken.  The lost their OLine. Along with most their skill players to graduation and just can’t get those holes filled yet.  Still early