New Boston @ Dekalb

kooldown54

This is a pretty bitter rivalry correct? 

I've only seen NB so far. They have a good squad. Decent speed. Good size. Play hard. Tackle well. 

Don't know much about DK, besides last year and wasn't impressed then. 

In rivalry games, ANYTHING can happen. But I'll take New Boston by 2-3 touchdowns. 

Ohh boy, here we go with this rival game! If DK had trouble with Rivercrest backfield, it could be a long night when NB rolls into town.  If they think this is the same NB team as lastyear, they’ll be highly disappointed.  NB by 3 TD’s

5 hours ago, soldier1 said:

Ohh boy, here we go with this rival game! If DK had trouble with Rivercrest backfield, it could be a long night when NB rolls into town.  If they think this is the same NB team as lastyear, they’ll be highly disappointed.  NB by 3 TD’s

I’ve said for a couple years now that nb was better than they’ve played...coming to fruition..nb rolls 

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 1:59 PM, kooldown54 said:

Both coming off a win lastnight, but who wins the oldest rivalry in Texas football? 
Obviously im going with NB by 20+

Not the oldest rivalry, but one of the oldest continuous rivalries. Sherman/Denison is the oldest. This will be the 88th consecutive year and the 91st game over all.

Obviously Bears will prevail again!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bearliever said:

Not the oldest rivalry, but one of the oldest continuous rivalries. Sherman/Denison is the oldest. This will be the 88th consecutive year and the 91st game over all.

Obviously Bears will prevail again!

I think it’s gonna be a long night for the Bears!  Im thinking it could be about the same outcome ad New Diana, 40ish to 7-12ish- New Boston

6 minutes ago, soldier1 said:

I think it’s gonna be a long night for the Bears!  Im thinking it could be about the same outcome ad New Diana, 40ish to 7-12ish- New Boston

Soldierboy, you could be correct, who knows, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it!

#KeepTheStreakAlive

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Dekalb is better than Diana this season.

And NB is WAY better than last year.  I do know DK is very young, so i'd bet that's going to play huge role.  But i also agree with Soldier1, NB rolls in a very lop-sided victory 

15 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

And NB is WAY better than last year.  I do know DK is very young, so i'd bet that's going to play huge role.  But i also agree with Soldier1, NB rolls in a very lop-sided victory 

I can’t say anything about New Boston. I have not seen them much. 

I am just comparing Dekalb to Diana.

23 hours ago, kooldown54 said:

Yeah but their young isnt the  normal young. They had a freshman go for 107 last week, he was one of three that rushed over 100 yards. He will be the best player on the field Friday. 

14 minutes ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Yeah but their young isnt the  normal young. They had a freshman go for 107 last week, he was one of three that rushed over 100 yards. He will be the best player on the field Friday. 

Whoa, hold on BEARDEDGOAT, the young man you are talking about is gifted and barring injuries will be a good one. He seems to have all of the intangibles, better than average speed, good feet, good hips, good vision, but labeling a 14 year old kid best player on the field in a varsity setting may be a little of a stretch at this point.

7 minutes ago, Bearliever said:

Whoa, hold on BEARDEDGOAT, the young man you are talking about is gifted and barring injuries will be a good one. He seems to have all of the intangibles, better than average speed, good feet, good hips, good vision, but labeling a 14 year old kid best player on the field in a varsity setting may be a little of a stretch at this point.

I guess what I meant to say was he WILL be the best player on the field. As he has the highest ceiling 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

I guess what I meant to say was he WILL be the best player on the field. As he has the highest ceiling 

I do not question he's a good player and looks to be a rising star but i assure you, he  WILL NOT be the best player/RB on the field this week!  Hell, NB had 2-RB's, 1-QB with over 100 yds rushing and a full back with almost 100 in last weeks win.  I believe DK will put up a fight but NB will pull away and pull away quick.  This group of Seniors have taken their shots and lumps on the Varsity level since their Soph. year, not winning games they should have, they'll be playing with something to prove i assure you!  NB rolls by 20+

2 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

I do not question he's a good player and looks to be a rising star but i assure you, he  WILL NOT be the best player/RB on the field this week!  Hell, NB had 2-RB's, 1-QB with over 100 yds rushing and a full back with almost 100 in last weeks win.  I believe DK will put up a fight but NB will pull away and pull away quick.  This group of Seniors have taken their shots and lumps on the Varsity level since their Soph. year, not winning games they should have, they'll be playing with something to prove i assure you!  NB rolls by 20+

Again, what I intended the post to say is that he WILL be  the best player. Maybe not this week but by time he is done playing he will be better than anybody else playing in this game. WILL be the best. Highest ceiling

3 minutes ago, kooldown54 said:

DK had 3 players with over 100 yards rushing against Rivercrest. Rivercrest is better than ND. I see NB is really excited about beating a team who lost a million starters from last year. 

23 minutes ago, DKBear123 said:

DK had 3 players with over 100 yards rushing against Rivercrest. Rivercrest is better than ND. I see NB is really excited about beating a team who lost a million starters from last year. 

I seen the DK/RC game and of course ND and i believe ND will/could beat RC, just my opinion.  RC QB(average at best) ran up and down the field on DK and if you think NB's QB and stable of RB can't do the same, its gonna be hard for you to watch!