Argyle(1-0) @ Pleasant Grove(1-0)

regaleagle

Week 2  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Argyle Eagles
    • Pleasant Grove Hawks

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/05/2020 at 12:30 AM

Just like I suspected........Argyle's D and specifically the linebacker play is lacking early in the season.  It makes it difficult on the secondary when the linebackers aren't filling the holes.  CJ Rogers is a little sluggish tonight throwing it.......and not as poised as he can be.  He needs more minutes in this kind of environment......so this kind of game is exactly what will help him to improve.

2 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Are away bands just not coming to games or is not allowed by the UIL? 

Think the home school gets to decide in non-district games...…...Once district starts, the district vote is what decides............Not 100% positive though

• Like 1

Argyle looks like Argyle. 
can pass on anybody. 
PG better fix that secondary. 
Good game for the second game of the season. 
Argyle O line is having no trouble with PG D line. 
PG is running ball well against Argyle. 
Looks like who ever gets the ball last wins. 
PG can’t stop the pass and Argyle can’t stop the run. 

Tito Byce hasn't played a single down tonight for Argyle........he's their top RB that has some D-1 offers but had that ACL tear last season.  I guess they are trying to protect him early this season and give him more time.  He played only one down last week.......he ran for a 74 yd TD on the first play of the game from scrimmage.

The PG announcers just awarded the state championship to Argyle. They said they are the best team in 4A DI  
They might want to take a look at LV before making that statement.

They also that Argyle was way better than Carthage.

I would suggest they look at the game between Carthage and Kilgore,

The best receiver played one series and caught a 57 yard bomb  Ran away from the secondary.

The Dawgs O line averages over 300 pounds again.

I believe The Argyle and LV winner will move on and win the title  

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The PG announcers just awarded the state championship to Argyle. They said they are the best team in 4A DI  
They might want to take a look at LV before making that statement.

They also that Argyle was way better than Carthage.

I would suggest they look at the game between Carthage and Kilgore,

The best receiver played one series and caught a 57 yard bomb  Ran away from the secondary.

The Dawgs O line averages over 300 pounds again.

I believe The Argyle and LV winner will move on and win the title  

Way better than Carthage? How would they know that? Going off last year Carthage smoked the team that smoked Argyle the week before.

This year PG has not yet played Carthage.

Interesting hot takes by the PG faithful.

Argyle is well known for their fast starts early in the season only to falter when the chips are down. 
Why would PG announcers be so brash to say Argyle is the best in 4A-D1 and way better than Carthage in week 2?

Pretty ignorant statements to be honest.

Argyle came out and punched PG in the mouth, a la WOS 3 years ago. 
although PG has fought hard, they just don’t have what it takes to beat Argyle tonight. It has been a rough night on both side of the trenches, but too much. 
Argyle is running the same basic handoff on most plays, kind of in take it back a notch mode. Kudos to both squads, this has been a great match. 

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Wow........a pitch out to the left side by Woodsen the QB and nobody was there.  Copeland for Argyle scoops it and runs it all the way for the TD. Just a missed assignment somewhere.

Argyle 52-27  now

Sounds like typical early season hitting on all cylinders Argyle thumping a team that’s replacing some big time contributors from the last few seasons.

PG isn’t at their peak yet. Argyle isn’t at their peak yet this season either, but I think PG can improve more than Argyle by the end of the season. Not saying PG could beat Argyle in week 13 just saying they probably have more room to grow as a team. Basically saying Argyle is further along at this point than PG is and it shows tonight.

• Like 1