Week 2 : Gilmer @ Henderson

blackflag79

Gilmer @ Henderson  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Gilmer
    • Henderson

Gilmer has got to clean up its mistakes, the center is having a ruff go, and costing us points, hopefully he can find away to get it off the turf...Gilmer playing sloppy and still in it...hats of to Henderson, their D is bringing it!  You can see some serious potential in this young Gilmer offense, and the defense is starting to find their rythem!  21-14 sloppy but good ballgame so far!

46 minutes ago, MoveTheChain said:

The live stream is buffering from time to time.  Our commentators may want to NOT talk quite as much, to preserve the bandwidth for the video.

We can hope...

not too homerish tonight though. 

wonder which coach chewed the defense out. They have played much better after the first quarter. 

Anyways good game Gilmer and I said early that Henderson will bring it, and there wasn't 40 points and yea Gilmer was playing mistakes early I agree, Henderson needs to work on there Offense more cause there was a lot of opportunities that Henderson did not take advantage on. They will get better before district.

1 hour ago, CasualObserver70 said:

Gilmer wins. But it was ugly. Can’t have that many mistakes and penalties. And if the snap is in the dirt, the whole play gets thrown off. Gilmer was inside Henderson 20 three separate times and came away with 0 points in 2nd half. 

credit to Henderson defense 

On 9/1/2020 at 6:10 PM, Raiderfan7000 said:

I can get behind that. 

Not to mention, Henderson had this game if it wasn't for the referees flagging and calling penalties and allowing Gilmer to win. Henderson scored the last official touch down and they did NOT give Henderson the points for it. If they had of given the points for Henderson last touch down, Henderson would have won this game, fair and square. Hands down. No questions asked. Just my opinion.

1 minute ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Not to mention, Henderson had this game if it wasn't for the referees flagging and calling penalties and allowing Gilmer to win. Henderson scored the last official touch down and they did NOT give Henderson the points for it. If they had of given the points for Henderson last touch down, Henderson would have won this game, fair and square. Hands down. No questions asked. Just my opinion.

They did give them the points for the last official touchdown. That’s what made the game 22-20. 

2 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

Henderson really won that game at the end, it was a penalty called on that last touch down in the 4th for what????

Going back and looking at the touchdown that was called back, #67 was close to 10 yards down the field when the ball was thrown. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StillALion said:

From sbnation.com:

”What is college football’s ineligible man-downfield rule?
Straight from the NCAA rulebook:
No originally ineligible receiver shall be or have been more than three yards beyond the neutral zone until a passer throws a legal forward pass that crosses the neutral zone. A player is in violation of this rule if any part of his body is beyond the three-yard limit.
How often is this rule enforced?
Not even close to all the time. You can watch just about any college game and see offensive linemen hanging out between four and eight yards downfield when the QB releases a pass. The rule is called more tightly in the pros, and linemen stay closer to home.”

Here is the video of Henderson’s game winning touchdown with one minute left.  The line of scrimmage is the 44.  Henderson’s #67 is at the 40 yard line when Deuce Davis releases the ball to D’Cameron Walker for the TD .... 40 yards downfield from where the Henderson lineman was 4 yards from the line of scrimmage having no effect whatsoever on the play bad or good for either team.  Henderson’s young team improved a bunch from the scrimmage to the opener and and bunch more from the opener to week 2.  The defense shutout Gilmer in the second half which almost no one ever does or has. Incidentally, Davis is the younger brother of Tiarra Davis who was a high school All-American and the only 3X winner of East Texas MVP in softball for Henderson and is considered by most people to be the second all-time greatest Longhorn player after Cat Osterman.  

Video not working?

17 minutes ago, StillALion said:

The last time you can see him he’s between the 40 and 41.  He weighs about 325 I doubt he got 4-5 more yards before the ball left.  Either way it was a BS call and caused an official to decide the game instead of the players which I always hate to see happen.

95795739-018C-437B-AC45-1299D5B11540.jpeg