blackflag79

Gilmer @ Henderson  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Gilmer
    • Henderson

1 hour ago, StillALion said:

From sbnation.com:

”What is college football’s ineligible man-downfield rule?
Straight from the NCAA rulebook:
No originally ineligible receiver shall be or have been more than three yards beyond the neutral zone until a passer throws a legal forward pass that crosses the neutral zone. A player is in violation of this rule if any part of his body is beyond the three-yard limit.
How often is this rule enforced?
Not even close to all the time. You can watch just about any college game and see offensive linemen hanging out between four and eight yards downfield when the QB releases a pass. The rule is called more tightly in the pros, and linemen stay closer to home.”

Here is the video of Henderson’s game winning touchdown with one minute left.  The line of scrimmage is the 44.  Henderson’s #67 is at the 40 yard line when Deuce Davis releases the ball to D’Cameron Walker for the TD .... 40 yards downfield from where the Henderson lineman was 4 yards from the line of scrimmage having no effect whatsoever on the play bad or good for either team.  Henderson’s young team improved a bunch from the scrimmage to the opener and and bunch more from the opener to week 2.  The defense shutout Gilmer in the second half which almost no one ever does or has. Incidentally, Davis is the younger brother of Tiarra Davis who was a high school All-American and the only 3X winner of East Texas MVP in softball for Henderson and is considered by most people to be the second all-time greatest Longhorn player after Cat Osterman.  

I just spoke to a very nice Henderson fan who says the ineligible man downfield didn’t seem to be that far downfield when the ball was thrown.

2 minutes ago, StillALion said:

The ball was long gone by then.  Gilmer was favored by16 and before yesterday most people would say Henderson would be their pick for 3rd in the district because Lindale and Kilgore have a lot more starters back and Henderson had like 1/3 and is so young.  Still early but now Henderson may be the favorite.  Moving along ... Kaufman is next and has lost to Lindale by 5 and CH by 5 so far.  So we will see how we do Friday compared to those 2.

Let's be honest,  gilmer gifted yall 14 right out of the gate.  Replay those first 3-4 minutes and see what changes.  I ain't knocking yall, yalls d is jamb up but the buckeyes came out with their head up their...

1 hour ago, StillALion said:

The last time you can see him he’s between the 40 and 41.  He weighs about 325 I doubt he got 4-5 more yards before the ball left.  Either way it was a BS call and caused an official to decide the game instead of the players which I always hate to see happen.

You’re silly. Let’s look at the progression of that play shall we? ...

You can see the line of scrimmage is at the Gilmer 44. Henderson has 5 lineman, a H-back, a RB and the QB in the backfield. For those of you who aren’t good with math, that’s 8 players. I marked the lineman and h-back. 

Next, you can clearly see the QB rolling to his right, the RB stumbling through the line as he slips out and #67 at the Gilmer 41 yard line not engaged in a block  

Next, the QB releases the ball. It’s just out of the hand of the QB and there are only 5 blocking in the back field. Let’s play a game of find #67. He has disappeared. 

Oh, there he is! You can see him come back into view and he standing at about the Gilmer 37 yard line, maybe 38 and still not engaged in a block. 

So, #67 is at the 40 yard line at best when the ball is thrown and still not engaged in a block. Tell me again how that isn’t an ineligible man down field?

1A9F3DF4-ED5C-4EF5-886D-45015CE050BC.jpeg

AF60A840-89C4-4398-BFD2-CB81A829F589.jpeg

305FF4E3-9ACC-4A21-9934-ADCBB43F68A1.jpeg

7E11F283-869F-4542-8C96-A13515F180BE.jpeg

2E4A8718-F8CC-41CE-AFB8-B36BC3F4D814.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StillALion said:

From sbnation.com:

”What is college football’s ineligible man-downfield rule?
Straight from the NCAA rulebook:
No originally ineligible receiver shall be or have been more than three yards beyond the neutral zone until a passer throws a legal forward pass that crosses the neutral zone. A player is in violation of this rule if any part of his body is beyond the three-yard limit.

The line of scrimmage is the 44.  Henderson’s #67 is at the 40 yard line when Deuce Davis releases the ball

the Henderson lineman was 4 yards from the line of scrimmage 

So you openly admit #67 was in violation of the rule but still proceed to call is BS? 😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, poisoned10 said:

You’re silly. Let’s look at the progression of that play shall we? ...

You can see the line of scrimmage is at the Gilmer 44. Henderson has 5 lineman, a H-back, a RB and the QB in the backfield. For those of you who aren’t good with math, that’s 8 players. I marked the lineman and h-back. 

Next, you can clearly see the QB rolling to his right, the RB stumbling through the line as he slips out and #67 at the Gilmer 41 yard line not engaged in a block  

Next, the QB releases the ball. It’s just out of the hand of the QB and there are only 5 blocking in the back field. Let’s play a game of find #67. He has disappeared. 

Oh, there he is! You can see him come back into view and he standing at about the Gilmer 37 yard line, maybe 38 and still not engaged in a block. 

So, #67 is at the 40 yard line at best when the ball is thrown and still not engaged in a block. Tell me again how that isn’t an ineligible man down field?

1A9F3DF4-ED5C-4EF5-886D-45015CE050BC.jpeg

AF60A840-89C4-4398-BFD2-CB81A829F589.jpeg

305FF4E3-9ACC-4A21-9934-ADCBB43F68A1.jpeg

7E11F283-869F-4542-8C96-A13515F180BE.jpeg

2E4A8718-F8CC-41CE-AFB8-B36BC3F4D814.jpeg

bingo | Bingo pictures, In this moment, Memes

8 minutes ago, StillALion said:

It’s cool but “let’s be honest” the final score was gilmer by 2 ... so thanks for that gift but in addition to the official on that play gifting you 6 to 8 points ... here is the officials also gifting you the 2 you won by after Gilmer’s first TD.  Check out #5 who is blocking for #3.  And btw not disparaging or calling our any of these players obviously.  

Soooooo I’m confused ur really mad over a ref getting the call right or mad that he didn’t call it on y’all all night long lol

Just now, StillALion said:

Sorry you are confused.  1) I’m not mad.  2) They didn’t call it on either team all night except right then.  I don’t care if the way they call various things are “right” or “wrong” as long as they call them the same no matter who the call is for or against. 

Can u show me a play were we had lineman down field, or can u show the play that they called offensive pass interference when the feet got tangled up and y’all player fell. Come on man we gifted y’all 14 points don’t be that guy these games don’t mean anything 

44 minutes ago, StillALion said:

It’s cool but “let’s be honest” the final score was gilmer by 2 ... so thanks for that gift but in addition to the official on that play gifting you 6 to 8 points ... here is the officials also gifting you the 2 you won by after Gilmer’s first TD.  Check out #5 who is blocking for #3.  And btw not disparaging or calling our any of these players obviously.  

FullSizeRender.mov

#5 is a back, he can be 100 yards downfield if he'd like.  Yalls call was a tackle or guard i believe. 

Plus #5 was blocking the pile, your guy was running downfield just watching the play.   Keep grasping at straws something might stick 🤣

12 hours ago, StillALion said:

Sorry you are confused.  1) I’m not mad.  2) They didn’t call it on either team all night except right then.  I don’t care if the way they call various things are “right” or “wrong” as long as they call them the same no matter who the call is for or against.   And on a play like that I would rather the official keep in mind no one is there to see him decide the game and let the kids who everyone is there to see do that.

Actually, it WAS called earlier in the game on Henderson - where two linemen were downfield (see attached photo with flag on the ground).  However, because the pass was thrown out of bounds, the flag was picked up and waived off.

IMDF.JPG

13 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Soooooo I’m confused ur really mad over a ref getting the call right or mad that he didn’t call it on y’all all night long lol

I was going to let this game go by but since you said this lol um I will, yes Gilmer wasn't called for mistakes as much as Hendo and yes Gilmer had more penalties than Henderson for one thing and that last call one in a min left I still say it was not no penalty on call back touch down, ummm hard to play the refs and teams at same time.

• Roll Eyes 1

15 hours ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I was going to let this game go by but since you said this lol um I will, yes Gilmer wasn't called for mistakes as much as Hendo and yes Gilmer had more penalties than Henderson for one thing and that last call one in a min left I still say it was not no penalty on call back touch down, ummm hard to play the refs and teams at same time.

It just keeps getting better. Let me make sure I’m reading this correctly, you say “Gilmer wasn’t called for mistakes as much as Hendo” then immediately follow it up with “Gilmer had more penalties than Henderson.” Which is it? I haven’t seen the penalty stats for each team but I would be willing to bet Gilmer was flagged more than Hendy was that night. 

It’s already been proven that the call made for illegal man downfield was a legit call, regardless if you agree with it or not. Even if it was in the last minutes of the game and yes, even if it happens to take a touchdown off the board. Timing of a penalty doesn’t take away the legitimacy of the penalty. 

• Like 1

I like the stadium down there. My only complaint was that the Henderson band was obscuring a clear view of the videoboard.

It reminded me of 2011 IIRC when they decided to sit behind the south end zone at Buckeye Stadium. I remember Jeff Traylor being livid about that.  

Speaking of past Gilmer-Henderson games, this never gets old. R.I.P. Coach Meeks BTW.

• LOL! 5