UIL Covid Update

SHillBuckeye

34 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Problem is lots of folks (young and old) out there they don't care. They are either selfish, hardheaded, "not going to be told what to do" or a medical expert because of some data they found on facebook ....... or all four...

And at least half of those would not blink an eye to try to get rich(er) if it was proven they got COVID at a sporting event. 

COVID is over in reality and a lot of people are just done with it.  The NY Times found that up to 90 % of the positive cases carried insignificant amounts of the virus and were not likely to be contagious.  However the positive cases is what is being measured on a daily basis, so the lockdowns continue until someone says they stop.  Unfortunately we will all probably have to deal with it for at least a couple more months.  Especially if we want football.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Problem is lots of folks (young and old) out there they don't care. They are either selfish, hardheaded, "not going to be told what to do" or a medical expert because of some data they found on facebook ....... or all four...

I completely respect your opinion but some of us also just feel like we're getting the wool pulled over our eyes for something with a 97% survival rate. There's just something about this thing that makes me uneasy. 

Revelation 13:16-17 NASB
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, [17] and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

I'm not saying the mask is the mark, but it is scary close, ever since they've mandated it for stores and such. Bottom line is it does make some folks uneasy for other reasons.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vandalman said:

I completely respect your opinion but some of us also just feel like we're getting the wool pulled over our eyes for something with a 97% survival rate. There's just something about this thing that makes me uneasy.  Revelation 13:16-17 NASB
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to m be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, [17] and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.
 I'm not saying the mask is the mark, but it is scary close, ever since they've mandated it for stores and such. Bottom line is it does make some folks uneasy for other reasons.

That part was covered in there as well. 

5 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

I completely respect your opinion but some of us also just feel like we're getting the wool pulled over our eyes for something with a 97% survival rate. There's just something about this thing that makes me uneasy.  Revelation 13:16-17 NASB
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead, [17] and he provides that no one will be able to buy or to sell, except the one who has the mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name.

3% of the American Population is a HUGE amount of people. 

59 minutes ago, TxBroadcaster said:

That's not 3% death rate of the population. That's 3% of the cases tested positive. Only about 2% of the population has tested positive according to CDC numbers, when I looked a week or so ago, therefore a very small chance of death from the virus.

Yes, Covid deaths have gone up (Or have they? Every time we turn around we're hearing that numbers are having to be taken off the death toll...)  since April, but the rest have too. 

Look, I don't have an issue with wearing a mask. I don't have an issue with bathing in hand sanitizer (I'm being a wise@$$. Yes, I know that's not actually healthy). What I have an issue with is shutting down businesses and telling people they can't gather (Especially when you turn around and let rioters and looters do it 😠) and putting almost 45 million Americans out of work. 

96290496_3163947633657185_5910217767750991872_o.jpg

99387835_10158595825129479_510669519845326848_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Wearing masks for healthy people is dumb.

Call me dumb because I’ll do my part in hopes of having TXHSFB from now until January whatever. Just because I’m doing it doesn’t mean I agree with it. Hard for lots of people to see the difference. 

2 hours ago, Vandalman said:

I completely respect your opinion but some of us also just feel like we're getting the wool pulled over our eyes for something with a 97% survival rate. There's just something about this thing that makes me uneasy. 

Revelation 13:16-17 NASB

Or the mask instead of the mark.  

Back on topic, Schools can easily enforce the 50% guideline, and that number is only for ticket holders.  It doesn't take into account players, band, drill team, flag corp, concession stand workers, janitorial, ticket sellers, and even ushers, but I have never seen an usher at a High School Football stadium.  What schools can't control are family and friends from sitting together, unless they have ushers.  Personally, I don't have a problem with families sitting together.  They live together, and they stand a greater chance of catching the virus because of where each individual goes during the day, and bringing it home to infect others.  I don't trust forehead scanner thermometers.  I've tested as low as 94.3 degrees and as high as 104 degrees after being outside.  When I tested at 104 they did the tongue thermometer, and I was right at 98.6.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

That percentage is only the amount of people who have died after contracting the Wuhan.  I would say it's around .001% now with only 6% of the total being strictly from contracting the Wuhan.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

That percentage is only the amount of people who have died after contracting the Wuhan.  I would say it's around .001% now with only 6% of the total being strictly from contracting the Wuhan.  

Yes! That's what I was trying to explain in my previous post but you worded it better. I think a lot of people are confusing the death rate as a percentage of total population as opposed to percentage of those who have tested positive. It really isn't surprising the confusion when you consider all the numbers the media spits out constantly. Here's the numbers I got from the CDC on August 24th: Number of positive cases in the U.S. 5,682,491.   Number of deaths from Covid 176,223. If my math is correct that equates to approx 3% death rate. On the same day, a Google search revealed the population of the U.S. at 331,002,651. If you do the math with that in mind, well it tells its own story. Of course this is assuming the CDC figures aren't skewed in anyway lol. I'm just posting these figures for information purposes and not trying to belittle anyone. I think there's just a lot of confusion with the numbers. I don't totally ignore the mask rules but when they mandated it for stores and such it just really made me uneasy considering the real statistics. I'm a Christian and those verses in Revelation mean something to me. How do we know when to draw the line? I'm certainly no expert but I trust my gut. Okay, rant over. I'm just concerned for everyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Vandalman said:

Yes! That's what I was trying to explain in my previous post but you worded it better. I think a lot of people are confusing the death rate as a percentage of total population as opposed to percentage of those who have tested positive. It really isn't surprising the confusion when you consider all the numbers the media spits out constantly. Here's the numbers I got from the CDC on August 24th: Number of positive cases in the U.S. 5,682,491.   Number of deaths from Covid 176,223. If my math is correct that equates to approx 3% death rate. On the same day, a Google search revealed the population of the U.S. at 331,002,651. If you do the math with that in mind, well it tells its own story. Of course this is assuming the CDC figures aren't skewed in anyway lol. I'm just posting these figures for information purposes and not trying to belittle anyone. I think there's just a lot of confusion with the numbers. I don't totally ignore the mask rules but when they mandated it for stores and such it just really made me uneasy considering the real statistics. I'm a Christian and those verses in Revelation mean something to me. How do we know when to draw the line? I'm certainly no expert but I trust my gut. Okay, rant over. I'm just concerned for everyone.

I do the math as well, because I want the actual figure, and not the conglomeration of figures that are reported.  See the Texas charts above your comment in ObiOne's  comment.  I expect those numbers to rise in the fall however with flu season.  While I was not contradicting the verses from Revelations, we are now wearing masks instead of marks to conduct business, as well as the persistence to use credit cards because of the alleged coin shortage.  We've heard of chips inserted into our hands as marks, but the number isn't 666.  it does make me wonder.    

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

I do the math as well, because I want the actual figure, and not the conglomeration of figures that are reported.  See the Texas charts above your comment in ObiOne's  comment.  I expect those numbers to rise in the fall however with flu season.  While I was not contradicting the verses from Revelations, we are now wearing masks instead of marks to conduct business, as well as the persistence to use credit cards because of the alleged coin shortage.  We've heard of chips inserted into our hands as marks, but the number isn't 666.  it does make me wonder.    

Just makes me wonder if the mask is just testing the waters for whatever the mark may be. I just pray we're all smart enough to see it when it comes.

45 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Even though most think the numbers are BS, I don't think you can argue that TX isn't trending in the right direction.  Play ball and start living!

I'm not the best at reading graphs, but wouldn't the downward slant on the back of the charts indicate that Texas is actually trending in the right direction? 

8 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

I'm not the best at reading graphs, but wouldn't the downward slant on the back of the charts indicate that Texas is actually trending in the right direction? 

Hopefully the 1rst wave is dyeing out, and there is no 2nd wave.