Week One: Lufkin @ Tyler Legacy

ANTI

Lufkin @ Tyler Legacy  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins it?

2 hours ago, PackAttack said:

This so hard to believe since the game is in Tyler.  Lufkin is young and inexperienced in a few positions.  Legacy is going to be very good this year.  This will be a game that could go either way, but Lufkin had better come to play or it will be a long night for them.

Computers probably giving y’all the edge because of pedigree 

4 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Computers probably giving y’all the edge because of pedigree 

I think in general, people arent fully aware of just how good Legacy will be this year because of past reputation.

They arent gonna be North Shore or anything, but this will be the best Legacy team since the Owens days.

At least it should be..

For many reason, I just don't make many predictions any more.  Cautiously optimistic with Lufkin is my approach these days.  My hope is for a competitive game  and a chance to get better before district begins.  Legacy has a very good team and a pretty good coach, Joe Willis who came in this year.  

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

Pigskin Prep having Lufkin a 6 point favorite on the road is crazy predicting.  Not sure his formula works every time.

This game could go either way. So....6 points imo isn’t that bad. Still a close game. Not sure we should be the favorites either, but you don’t really know what to expect from any team this season. We don’t know how good legacy will be. They bring a ton of talent back, Mostly on offense, but they haven’t been a consistent program, even with Mike Owens as the HC and they bring back a new coach this season. Also we don’t know much about them this season....considering they had a intrasquad scrimmage and wasn’t able to go against Nac, other than what’s on paper of course about the returning players and how they finished last season. I Don’t think 6 points is that bad on the road against Legacy.  

21 hours ago, ANTI said:

I think in general, people arent fully aware of just how good Legacy will be this year because of past reputation.

They arent gonna be North Shore or anything, but this will be the best Legacy team since the Owens days.

At least it should be..

Early 2000s Owens teams? Or those others? I guess we will see Friday..

At least you gave a shoutout to my other team lol. 

7 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Early 2000s Owens teams? Or those others? I guess we will see Friday..

At least you gave a shoutout to my other team lol. 

Naw, not early 2000s at all because the brand of defense wont be there.

I'll say about like 08-09.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Naw, not early 2000s at all because the brand of defense wont be there.

I'll say about like 08-09.

Ok....we have a chance then. Lol

As for the pack and their chances, i honestly don’t know. I’m expecting a close one. I picked us as mostly a homer pick and looking at what both teams had returning. And also some of the things i know about the Pack. But definitely wouldn’t be shocked at Legacy winning, Just not expecting that 55 to whatever score someone predicted earlier in this thread. Don’t think we are that bad this season. But i honestly don’t know.

Not going to lie and say I feel confident in this Panther team. Because i don’t. Although i knew when Polk got injured, we didn’t have much of a chance going forward to make a deep run, but that lost to TH at home kinda hurt. And i don’t feel that great about this team, even with Green actually opening up the playbook from his usual Basic bubble screen craziness and the talent returning on offense. But every time I don’t feel good going into a season or feel confident about a team (2012, 2017), especially after watching those first few games....we’ve done well and had pretty good seasons or exceeded my expectations. So i don’t know. Just hope they play well and stay healthy. 

Legacy isn’t like playing Longview in the first game of the season, but hopefully they will still help us going forward to prepare and get better as a team. I want the win, but that’s really all that matters and of course staying healthy. 

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

Ok....we have a chance then. Lol

As for the pack and their chances, i honestly don’t know. I’m expecting a close one. I picked us as mostly a homer pick and looking at what both teams had returning. And also some of the things i know about the Pack. But definitely wouldn’t be shocked at Legacy winning, Just not expecting that 55 to whatever score someone predicted earlier in this thread. Don’t think we are that bad this season. But i honestly don’t know.

Not going to lie and say I feel confident in this Panther team. Because i don’t. Although i knew when Polk got injured, we didn’t have much of a chance going forward to make a deep run, but that lost to TH at home kinda hurt. And i don’t feel that great about this team, even with Green actually opening up the playbook from his usual Basic bubble screen craziness and the talent returning on offense. But every time I don’t feel good going into a season or feel confident about a team (2012, 2017), especially after watching those first few games....we’ve done well and had pretty good seasons or exceeded my expectations. So i don’t know. Just hope they play well and stay healthy. 

Legacy isn’t like playing Longview in the first game of the season, but hopefully they will still help us going forward to prepare and get better as a team. I want the win, but that’s really all that matters and of course staying healthy. 

Lufkin no doubt has chance lol

I dont think anyone will be shocked if they won it....heck, looks like LP is the favorite anyway.

The thing about Lufkin these days, is the psychology surrounding things.  My support and following of the program has not changed much.  There was a day several years back now, that wherever you went to watch Lufkin, you knew they had an above average chance to win, before they ever stepped off the bus.  They had swagger.  That's no longer the case and it reflects on fans being not sure about things, like myself and Pack007.  In fact, since Quick took over eight years ago, we have absorb some unexpected defeats at HOME, to people like THW, Longivew , BWB, Ennis and Texas High.  It just never happen much under Outlaw.  So, we fans step cautiously these days, however,  we do know there is a bunch of talented players on this years team.  So, we wait to see what happens. 🤔

• Like 1

I like how Lufkin looked in the scrimmage last week. The new look offense is going to allow us to mix it up more and give different looks. Also think it will help Berry get going down hill in the run game. I thought he looked good. Moore was impressive and the WR #3 can't think of his name. These guys are going to be a tough out down the road. 

I tell you what I do like about Lufkin.

If they lose to any team this year, it won't be because they lack WR's.

That WR trio of Diaz/Montgomery/Wright are talented. Diaz very underrated and probably should've gotten way more playing time for Lufkin last year. Wright a big body with good hands, and AJ Montgomery might be the most dangerous one. Can take the top off defenses. He has to work on his catching but he can definitely get open without question. Where the heck was he last year?  

6 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That WR trio of Diaz/Montgomery/Wright are talented. Diaz very underrated and probably should've gotten way more playing time for Lufkin last year. Wright a big body with good hands, and AJ Montgomery might be the most dangerous one. Can take the top off defenses. He has to work on his catching but he can definitely get open without question. Where the heck was he last year?  

I agree Montgomery is the sleeper 

20 hours ago, ANTI said:

We were deep at receiver last year, but i agree he should’ve received more playing time. That’s one position though i think we will always be talented at, similar to Lv with their running backs. 

What I just saw is great coaching.  They have Adams in such away on Punt formations that you don't know if he will kick it or run a play.  This is smart because if the team jumps offsides, he has a free play.  

Lufkin jumped off sides, and Lee threw a deep ball instead of punting it and caught Lufkin off guard.   35-7.   Wow. 

4 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

What I just saw is great coaching.  They have Adams in such away on Punt formations that you don't know if he will kick it or run a play.  This is smart because if the team jumps offsides, he has a free play.  

Lufkin jumped off sides, and Lee threw a deep ball instead of punting it and caught Lufkin off guard.   35-7.   Wow. 

This coaching staff has made a great difference on this team. They believe that they are the best team when they step on the field every Friday night. 

• Like 1