Cowboys @ Los Angeles ***SUNDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL***

Cowboys Week 1  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Los Angeles Rams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/14/2020 at 12:20 AM

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

New season...new coach...same 'ol Cowboys. Cant make a play (offense or defense) when the game is on the line and now 1-7 in last eight games decided by one TD or less. 

That's exactly what I saw.  This team has the offensive weapons to have at least scored 38 points, and 17 is all they could muster ?  I realize that Ramsey is a top defensive back in the NFL, but you have two other receivers that he could have went to.  I can actually see Dallas going 1-6 to start the season.  We have Atl, Sea, Cle (W), and then the Giants which will be telling, and then St. Louis and they won a game they shouldn't over SF.  Vander Esch had surgery on his collarbone so he's out for 4-6 weeks.  What I took from the game is had it been a shoot out the Rams might have scored 45-49 points, but they played conservative since they were in the lead.  I think Dallas should have kicked a field goal instead of going to CeeDee and coming up short.  If the Cowboys don't get on a roll soon, this season will be over before it started.  

I'm not worried about one player kneeling, but as I stated in a different thread I wasn't able to watch the start.  I would like to know who that player was, because I think he should be cut.  I know McCarthy was whining about the p.i. against Gallup, but he's not Irvin, and can't get away with it.  He clearly pushed off.  We'll see how the next 5 games are, but if they're 1-5, then I'm done with the year.  Then I'll give the Cowboys two more years to make the Super Bowl.  If it's not done by then, I'm done with the Cowboys and the NFL.  I can't like another team, and the Cowboys have struggled for the past 24 years.  I'm not going to be a Cubs or Red Sox fan and wait until the day I die for them to win another, especially when I was spoiled so much from 1971-1996.  

2 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

That's exactly what I saw.  This team has the offensive weapons to have at least scored 38 points, and 17 is all they could muster ?  I realize that Ramsey is a top defensive back in the NFL, but you have two other receivers that he could have went to.  I can actually see Dallas going 1-6 to start the season.  We have Atl, Sea, Cle (W), and then the Giants which will be telling, and then St. Louis and they won a game they shouldn't over SF.  Vander Esch had surgery on his collarbone so he's out for 4-6 weeks.  What I took from the game is had it been a shoot out the Rams might have scored 45-49 points, but they played conservative since they were in the lead.  I think Dallas should have kicked a field goal instead of going to CeeDee and coming up short.  If the Cowboys don't get on a roll soon, this season will be over before it started.  

I'm not worried about one player kneeling, but as I stated in a different thread I wasn't able to watch the start.  I would like to know who that player was, because I think he should be cut.  I know McCarthy was whining about the p.i. against Gallup, but he's not Irvin, and can't get away with it.  He clearly pushed off.  We'll see how the next 5 games are, but if they're 1-5, then I'm done with the year.  Then I'll give the Cowboys two more years to make the Super Bowl.  If it's not done by then, I'm done with the Cowboys and the NFL.  I can't like another team, and the Cowboys have struggled for the past 24 years.  I'm not going to be a Cubs or Red Sox fan and wait until the day I die for them to win another, especially when I was spoiled so much from 1971-1996.  

St. Louis?!? 😂

It was Poe. The free agent DT they signed in the offseason. 

3 hours ago, TTman7 said:

St. Louis?!? 😂

It was Poe. The free agent DT they signed in the offseason. 

I still refer to the AZ Cardinals as St. Louis.  Had they chosen a different name for their team after they departed, I would call them by a different moniker.  The Rams will always be the L.A. Rams to me, even though they originated in Cleveland.  I wasn't around back then.  

As for Poe, I hope he's released.  

• Like 1

Most analysts and commentators still talk about how good the Cowboys offensive line is........Tyron at 29 started going downhill at about 27 - he is still good but not great...........Williams is a bottom tier starter.............Looney is good..........Martin is good but not dominant.........Right tackle - not drafted by anyone rookie(Collins is good)

They have no dominant blocker  

With Collins, they rank in the 9-16 area as a unit(Of 32 starting units)

With rookie RT, they rank in the 17-24 area

Lot if football still to be played but they look like an 8-8 team to me...kind of like the last 20 years. Maybe this team is just not as talented as all the "experts" seem to think. Something about that star on the helmet makes everyone think players are better than they really are.

10 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Lot if football still to be played but they look like an 8-8 team to me...kind of like the last 20 years. Maybe this team is just not as talented as all the "experts" seem to think. Something about that star on the helmet makes everyone think players are better than they really are.

They look good on paper just as the Cleveland Browns all the way around and Tampa Bay Buccaneers do offensively.  I don't think Dak or DeShaun are worth $40 million or more a year.  I realize it's the going rate, but I'd take my chances.  I don't even know if I'll want Dak next year on a franchise tag.  He has the weapons.  We'll see what happens Sunday with Atlanta.  It should be a win, but I'm not sure with our secondary.  I think it could be a shoot out, because Atlanta has two solid receivers that could make Dallas look silly.  

I did see that Jerry was mum on Poe today.  If he doesn't perform at a high level, I expect he'll release him.