Elysian Fields vs Winona

1jacket

Elysian Fields vs Winona   

30 members have voted

1. 1. Elysian Fields vs Winona

• Wildcats
    • Jackets

What’s the deal with these area teams throwing in the towel and not getting their games in? Appears to be a total inability to adapt and overcome. Exact same scenario happened to my HS Varsity team (years ago). Game was called off after sitting there till 9 pm. We drove our happy butts back the next morning, over an hour away, played Saturday morning, on a natural surface, after a hard rain, and turned around and played the next Friday night! No problem! Everyone lived to tell about it.

You’re not gonna get better or have better practice than a game time situation. That’s just fact. This isn’t surprising though. People are just S-O-F-T, soft! Can’t handle a little water and mud or a scheduling conflict due to an act of God! These are life tests and you’re failing! Teaching our future men to pack it in due to a little adversity. I realize I’m speaking to the wrong crowd but I doubt the folks that need to really hear it would take it to heart and actually consider my point. Having said all that, if the EF boys are as half as disappointed and frustrated as I am, then I say EF by a large margin this coming Thursday! 

• Like 3
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

What’s the deal with these area teams throwing in the towel and not getting their games in? Appears to be a total inability to adapt and overcome. Exact same scenario happened to my HS Varsity team (years ago). Game was called off after sitting there till 9 pm. We drove our happy butts back the next morning, over an hour away, played Saturday morning, on a natural surface, after a hard rain, and turned around and played the next Friday night! No problem! Everyone lived to tell about it.

You’re not gonna get better or have better practice than a game time situation. That’s just fact. This isn’t surprising though. People are just S-O-F-T, soft! Can’t handle a little water and mud or a scheduling conflict due to an act of God! These are life tests and you’re failing! Teaching our future men to pack it in due to a little adversity. I realize I’m speaking to the wrong crowd but I doubt the folks that need to really hear it would take it to heart and actually consider my point. Having said all that, if the EF boys are as half as disappointed and frustrated as I am, then I say EF by a large margin this coming Thursday! 

I agree with every word.

• Like 3
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, BIGILL79 said:

I agree the games that was postponed yesterday could have been Played today I don’t think it’s fair to the kids because they practice all week for it, it’s like us parents we work all week we want our check because we  worked for it, like I said earlier we like not had  high school football For the 2020 season we finally get the ok and some coaches don’t want to play games because it got canceled the schedule day totally bull stuff look at the 5-A and 6-A they wish they have the opportunity we have and we still blow it smdh 

• Like 2