4A-1 District 9

LilBroKevTEN

8 minutes ago, LionKing12172920 said:

That's how last night plays out, we would never know till District, remember that Gilmer beat Henderson only, ONLY by just two points,  without that last penalty Henderson would have won, and last night came back to beat Lindale by 7, so we never know and can't just base on teams loseing to teams.Kilgore will bounce back so who to say maybe Kilgore might be the team on top, this will be a interesting district.

District opens up next Friday:

Kilgore at Palestine - If Kilgore can get their whatever they had against GWater straightened out, they win by 2 TDs

Mabank at Lindale - Lindale should win this handily.

Chapel Hill at Athens - Chapel Hill gets the edge mainly because they have played a tougher non-district schedule than Athens.

13 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Kilgore gives one away to GWater.

Lindale gives one away to Gimmer.

Hennason..............

Athens stomps a mud hole in Wills Point.

Chappa Hill gets run roughshod by Center.

Palestine getting edged by Connally.....biggest surprise of the week.

Mabank dominates Van Alstyne.

Based on the results tonight.....

Lindale

Kilgore/Henderson

Henderson/Kilgore

Athens/Palestine

Why you think the Palestine and Connally game was the biggest surprise?

Honestly, I don’t see how everyone has Palestine either picked last seed for playoffs or not even in the playoff picture. They beat CH, KILGORE AND HENDO in district last year and finished 2nd behind Carthage. Wasn’t even close TBH. They haven’t really fell off either. They’re defense is MUCH tougher too! The disrespect is crazy on here..

5 hours ago, LordSensai said:

Honestly, I don’t see how everyone has Palestine either picked last seed for playoffs or not even in the playoff picture. They beat CH, KILGORE AND HENDO in district last year and finished 2nd behind Carthage. Wasn’t even close TBH. They haven’t really fell off either. They’re defense is MUCH tougher too! The disrespect is crazy on here..

We will see how good Pales. Defense this year when District starts, never can tell till District and they play each  other, the non district is non exist, and everything thrown out the window till District.

CH's QB was hurt last week vs Center. Anyone know how he's doing? Hope he is okay!

I think this district will be pretty battle tested by playoffs. All 4 playoff teams will have a chance to make some noise. Throughout non-district there have been some impressive performances and tough schedules played. I see it finishing like this:

1: Lindale/Kilgore

2: Kilgore/Lindale

3: Henderson

4: CH/Palestine

On 9/19/2020 at 9:37 PM, LordSensai said:

So your basing your predictions on last year's teams is that what I just read? If so man o man are you going to be disappointed. Palestine very well could have the best D but guaranteeing that before 1 district game has been played is crazy. Not unless you know something that everyone else doesn't.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

So your basing your predictions on last year's teams is that what I just read? If so man o man are you going to be disappointed. Palestine very well could have the best D but guaranteeing that before 1 district game has been played is crazy. Not unless you know something that everyone else doesn't.

I’m saying they lost some and gained some. Didn’t fall off. Got WAY better defensively and they were already great defensively last year. 

23 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Last year 😆 pretty sure that has no bearing on this year. Returning starters or absolutely Elite coaching will help. Palestine had the best RB  which has graduated.

I understand that. What I’m saying is they got better defensively and they did lose a running back but it won’t make a HUGE difference.

21 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Homer pick would be my guess . I believe Chapel Hill will be the sleeper pick if healthy. Palestine if Not. Athens is undefeated but not many are taken them seriously. Kilgore / Lindale are co favorites for the District Title. Henderson is always in the mix so you never know.

True. Their isn’t any STANDOUT teams so far. This district is gonna be up for grabs depending on health and whichever team shows up...

14 minutes ago, LordSensai said:

True. Their isn’t any STANDOUT teams so far. This district is gonna be up for grabs depending on health and whichever team shows up...

That's because Carthage is not in with the District this year, and that's why there's no stand out team, pretty much any team in this District can beat each other any given moment and has the players to do so, each team has their own strength against the opposing team, it boils down which team can neutralize its strength and which teams will prevail.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 1:10 PM, KildogDad said:

District opens up next Friday:

Kilgore at Palestine - If Kilgore can get their whatever they had against GWater straightened out, they win by 2 TDs

Mabank at Lindale - Lindale should win this handily.

Chapel Hill at Athens - Chapel Hill gets the edge mainly because they have played a tougher non-district schedule than Athens.

Though pretty vague, this counts as the acorn found by this blind squirrel.

I was pleasantly surprised by Kilgore's response to a tough Palestine team. 

Lindale did win rather handily, but the start was pretty interesting.

After how many years is Chappa Hill back?

Games next week:

Mabank at Palestine - Wildcats take it out on the Panthers

Lindale at Chapel Hill - shall we set the over/under at around 80?

Athens at Henderson - both teams looking to bounce back from losses on the road, but Athens is already 0-1 in district. This is probably the most competitive game.

5 hours ago, KildogDad said:

Though pretty vague, this counts as the acorn found by this blind squirrel.

I was pleasantly surprised by Kilgore's response to a tough Palestine team. 

Lindale did win rather handily, but the start was pretty interesting.

After how many years is Chappa Hill back?

I want to say CH is back, but we have to see how they stack up with teams that have gone head to head with state ranked teams week after week. Center loss raised a lot of questions. Overall we are a balanced team. I would like for our coach to open up the play book more because we do have a lot of weapons on offense. 

CH in general has no quit and will play you until the last second. I’m confident  my Bulldawgs have what it takes to pull an upset next week and more impressive on the road. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 11:26 PM, KildogDad said:

Based on the results tonight.....

Lindale

Kilgore/Henderson

Henderson/Kilgore

Athens/Palestine

This week:

Kilgore - Average score 31-19          Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: 18.1

Lindale - Average score 39-30        Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: 19.0

Henderson - Average score 20-23  Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: 24.4

Chapel Hill - Average score 41-38   Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: 7.4

Palestine - Average score 19-22      Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: 12.0

Athens - Average score 45-21         Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: -10.3

Mabank - Average score 29-18        Maxpreps strength of schedule before Friday: -10.2

• Like 1