4A-1 District 9

LilBroKevTEN

15 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Not as much about the Defense both teams are good. couldn’t score if you Spotted them points. It is what it is. 

Quit calling out the kids that play offense for Henderson Lion70. You are a tool when it comes to calling kids out and you never seen a field when the starters were playing. Shut up!

On 9/19/2020 at 7:34 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Doesn't seem to be any standout teams in this district.

There may be no standout team like a Carthage, but the district is competitive and deep.

Dave Campbell's Texas Football Magazine predicted the Region 3 championship to run through El Campo. In the latest state rankings, El Campo is the only Region 3 school listed in the top 10 in 4A-DI.

Maxpreps, however, paints a different picture.

Currently the three highest ranked teams in Region 3 are Kilgore (9), Lindale (10), and Palestine (18), with El Campo ranked just below the Wildcats.

District 9 is the only district in 4A-DI to have 5 teams ranked in the top 35 teams. Three other districts have four teams in the top 35, but the fourth teams are ranked below #32 (currently) Chapel Hill.

On paper, we may not be a District of Doom, but it looks like we will have a good shot at sweeping the bi-district games. 

Speaking of El Campo, it looks like they will be playing for the DC November 6 against Needville. Those two teams will likely be second round opponents of Lindale and Kilgore.

33 minutes ago, Jakeelee05 said:

Showdown in Kilgore next week. That’s gonna be an awesome game. I’m taking Lindale.

Said it in another post, but really glad to see Lindale having success. They have had a rough time in 5a for a while. Always behind the 8 ball being the smallest school. I think they have a legit shot to win Region 3. Catch a couple of lucky breaks and the ball bounce your way a couple of times and it’s possible. Region 3 really doesn’t have a dominant team like the other regions. I guess EC is the favorite, but they aren’t a juggernaut. 

The last weekend in District 10 has playoff implications for all their teams:

Huffman Hargrave/Livingston for the district championship. The winner gets the winner of the Chapel Hill/Henderson game, the loser gets a rested and eager Palestine.

The other four teams are 1-3 and are playing each other for the opportunity to play Lindale and Kilgore.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Any thoughts on the Chapel Hill/Henderson game? It seems like the lower scoring the game, the more it favors Henderson.

I really don't know what to think in this game, earlier Hendo played Liberty Elyau well with a win and played Gilmer well even tho Hendo lost but still played well, now into the District is where Hendo's worse playing well playing so really dnt know. 🤔 

38 minutes ago, KildogDad said:

Any thoughts on the Chapel Hill/Henderson game? It seems like the lower scoring the game, the more it favors Henderson.

The game I'm really interested in, is the game Kilgore vs Lindale. Most maybe picking Lindale but won't be surprised if Kilgore wins and they can very well win District, as far as Hendo, they are a very young team and can be lucky to even get into the playoffs at this point. If they can get pass Chill, I still say Hendo needs to get their offensive plays right in order to even think about playoffs and Hendo may get better next year or a couple of more years. 

14 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I think the District might not do all that well in the playoffs. Nothing basing this just gut feeling. However, 10 4a  district isn’t exactly a juggernaut so ...

You think District 9 will not do good in the playoffs?

I think Kilgore, Lindale, and Palestine all have a chance to go at least 3 rounds. I wouldn't be shocked if Kilgore or Lindale win the region...

Just now, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Maybe so not a believer in Palestine or chill/hendo.  Kilgore/Lindale doesn’t have that same appeal . Good teams but not dominant as I expect. This is solely on gut feeling and believe their ceiling maybe 3rd round at best. One regional champion from the district is not what most are accustomed to.

I guess I'm just a little confused. Only one team can be the regional champion. The front runners appear to be El Campo, Kilgore, Needville, and Lindale. Palestine is a dark horse. I agree that Henderson/Chapel Hill will not do much, but I do not think district 10 is very good. Their DC should beat Hendo/CH though.

I understand that Carthage isn't here anymore, but I think we need to give this district some credit. There are still 3 really good teams.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Maybe so not a believer in Palestine or chill/hendo.  Kilgore/Lindale doesn’t have that same appeal . Good teams but not dominant as I expect. This is solely on gut feeling and believe their ceiling maybe 3rd round at best. One regional champion from the district is not what most are accustomed to.

To say that Lindale and Kilgore aren’t very dominant is a little crazy. Lindale has been beating teams by a pretty large margin and the 2 teams they lost to were Gilmer( which has only lost one game and that was to Carthage) and #9 Midlothian Heritage. And they only lost by one touchdown to both of them. I could be wrong but I believe if they keep playing good they could easily go at least 3 rounds in

• Like 1