4A-1 District 9

LilBroKevTEN

10 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I wonder who wins coach of the Year . The candidates. 

1. Lindale winning District championship and getting a school record in wins. 

2. Kilgore : had a horrible year but made the playoffs and playing further in years. 

3. Chapel Hill: 5 year absence playing in late November and as a 4th seed. 

4. Palestine : Expectations were somewhat surprised considering on what they had left. Still good season and won. 

Your talking to yourself Lion70

On 11/22/2020 at 1:16 AM, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

3 out of 4 playing in the 3rd round is impressive. Like how usually is with one team cancels out the other. Chapel Hill playing Lindale in a rematch was unlikely as it gets. Kudos to the dogs and this was expected for the Eagles imo. I assume 4th round is the Kilgore winner right? I need to look at the bracket but that would be very fitting. I could see Lindale being a dark horse. This kinda has a Henderson 2010 vibe . I am not calling a championship but you never know.

This really should not surprise anyone.  In the past it was Carthage, Henderson & Kilgore still playing in the 3rd round.  This year it’s Lindale, Kilgore & Chapel Hill.  Same story different chapter.

11 hours ago, KildogDad said:

All we can do is play the games set before us. 

Exactly. But that's the main reason Henderson was making most of their runs.

2016 was one of the exceptions off the top of my head. They were loaded and should have won state with the D1 players on that team. 2 of them are expected to go in the next draft from what I understand.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2020 at 4:46 PM, PantherNation2015 said:

How many years did Henderson & Kilgore play each other in Round 3 and the winner play Carthage in Round 4? The point is this district is still solid without Carthage.

Pretty much the “District of Meh” without Carthage in it.. In my opinion.😜

16 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Last year was pretty bad especially by a team like Kilgore. This year they have a significant turnaround, hence the Coach of the Year possibility.

I guess I assumed you were talking about this season because it’s been far from horrible . The losses they had were from Carthage , first game , Gladewater, never should have lost that one and a  close game to lindale . This team has never been as balanced as they are now and defense has played outstanding . They have continued to improve especially going into playoffs . Could really see them going a few more rounds if everyone stays healthy . 

1 minute ago, kildog84 said:

I guess I assumed you were talking about this season because it’s been far from horrible . The losses they had were from Carthage , first game , Gladewater, never should have lost that one and a  close game to lindale . This team has never been as balanced as they are now and defense has played outstanding . They have continued to improve especially going into playoffs . Could really see them going a few more rounds if everyone stays healthy . 

Balance is key; Nobody is going to beat 2020 Carthage with a run only offense .

5 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Balance is key; Nobody is going to beat 2020 Carthage with a run only offense .

You are exactly right , this is as close to Carthage as I’ve seen kilgore play in awhile honestly and it’s pretty exciting . Going in year to year knowing that teams only have to prepare to stop our run was tough . But this year it’s really got the team excited knowing that they have a chance especially after each week that they continue to perfect the offense . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kildog84 said:

You are exactly right , this is as close to Carthage as I’ve seen kilgore play in awhile honestly and it’s pretty exciting . Going in year to year knowing that teams only have to prepare to stop our run was tough . But this year it’s really got the team excited knowing that they have a chance especially after each week that they continue to perfect the offense . 

I wholly support this post.

• Like 2