Week 3 Trinity Christian-Cedar Hill vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Trinity Christian vs Malakoff   

25 members have voted

1. 1. Trinity Christian vs Malakoff

Guest Tiger03lb

Who you got? 

We got our hands full this week. I'm going with the tigers in a close one but it'll take a good game out of us to win. This game will be played at Tiger stadium. 

Guest Tiger03lb
14 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Who is Trinity Christian? 

They are a private school. Believe they won the last 2 or 3 state championships in a row in Tapps. Yes, prime is the OC on the staff and his son is the starting qb. I believe he has committed to Florida Atlantic. 

Guest Tiger03lb
24 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

Yeah, I think Malakoff will still hold their own. 

You can never count out a Driskell coached team, especially at home. If we play all 4 qtrs and Peace can make some plays and not get beat on screens on defense, I like our chances. I felt like our dbs covered a lot better against Van, even on #5 & #9. Van's qb put a couple of balls up to where only they could only make the play. I think that's where TC will try to exploit us is our passing defense. Our run defense is doing good. 

47 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

You can never count out a Driskell coached team, especially at home. If we play all 4 qtrs and Peace can make some plays and not get beat on screens on defense, I like our chances. I felt like our dbs covered a lot better against Van, even on #5 & #9. Van's qb put a couple of balls up to where only they could only make the play. I think that's where TC will try to exploit us is our passing defense. Our run defense is doing good. 

Do y’all remember the WR #1 from Spring Hill in 2019?  He is now playing for Trinity.

Guest Tiger03lb
16 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Do y’all remember the WR #1 from Spring Hill in 2019?  He is now playing for Trinity.

Yes I do. I didn't know that. Did they recruit him or did he move? 

Guest Tiger03lb
1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Hmmm.  That is a long story.  How much beer do you have.  😂

Well, it is a long weekend 

2 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Well, it is a long weekend 

Short version is Trinity was not first choice.  Transferred to Gilmer in Jan 2020 but was ruled ineligible due to moving for athletic purposes.  Started playing 7 on 7 in Dallas with Trinity players in Spring.  Announced he was transferring there for 2020 season in early summer.  He will do well and should put up big numbers this year in that offense.

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Short version is Trinity was not first choice.  Transferred to Gilmer in Jan 2020 but was ruled ineligible due to moving for athletic purposes.  Started playing 7 on 7 in Dallas with Trinity players in Spring.  Announced he was transferring there for 2020 season in early summer.  He will do well and should put up big numbers this year in that offense.

I'm sure he will. 

Guest Tiger03lb

Yes, all valid points. I do think if we play like we did against Van that we will have a good chance. Gotta get those screens down some on defense. Gonna have to get our pass d going good this week, that'll be the biggest challenge for us. Seems like they pass a lot more than the run. But the one thing that I've like this year and probably last year, they don't give up or give the game away. That really showed that against GV in the first game, scoring 21 points in the second half against a defense like theirs isn't easy. Hope for a good game. Follow Malakoff Sports Network to see the game live or past games. 

I've seen Trinity Christian 2 times in person and 3 times on TV the past 3 seasons. in 2018 I thought they have some big dudes on that OL. Last year I said that may be the largest high school OL I've ever seen including 6A. And TV doesn't paint the picture as I was on the sideline standing 6-3 265 and these guys dwarfed me. I think most of those guys are back this year. Malakoff has a really good program going, but not sure this will be close. IMO TC was better than any 4A team I saw in person last year and that includes Argyle and LaVega.