Carthage Bulldogs vs ? Game 2

DAWG91

Was impressed with the offense ran by Carthage, even tho JV, I'd assume they run pretty much same "O" as the Varsity  Counted 54 guys get off the bus, almost double what we have on Varsity.    Good group of kids. Sorry if the concession food didn't measure up to what you were accustomed to.    The final score should not cause any concern for District mates, after all, this was a JV we were playing.  😏😏    I'm sure they have nothing to worry about from the Catz this year.   😉

19 minutes ago, Raiderfan7000 said:

Kinda surprised at this score but then again this was a JV team. Way to go cats .

I was expecting a better game, simply because it IS Carthage a a lot of those guys will see time on the Varsity next year.   Everyone knocking us about playing a JV, but it beats not playing at all.   With the fiasco of San Augustine not wanting to come back and play us, we didn't want to go two weeks in a row without playing. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 1WildCat said:

I was expecting a better game, simply because it IS Carthage a a lot of those guys will see time on the Varsity next year.   Everyone knocking us about playing a JV, but it beats not playing at all.   With the fiasco of San Augustine not wanting to come back and play us, we didn't want to go two weeks in a row without playing. 

Waskom looked good......In defense of Carthage’s JV, it is hard to prepare for Waskom’s style of offense in one practice.......and I bet Carthage’s JV is more of a scout team for the varsity than getting much practice time running their own plays - as is the case with 90% of JV’s at the 4A level and below.......but as I said above, Waskom looked good.