Paul Pewitt @ Mt. Vernon

MVFAN1

4 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

MV, but this will be a slugfest. Expect there to be a lot of points. I just hope MV running back is healthy. Went out with a knee injury in the first quarter last night. 

I agree.  MV has not been tested yet. I thought Pitt would be a challenge but.....36-7 halftime score without #1 running back....not so much.  Will need to get a running game and not one dementional against Pewitt. Defense will really be tested this week. 

• Like 1

Just now, cg302 said:

I agree.  MV has not been tested yet. I thought Pitt would be a challenge but.....36-7 halftime score without #1 running back....not so much.  Will need to get a running game and not one dementional against Pewitt. Defense will really be tested this week. 

For sure, Pewitt will grind out long drives running the ball and have speed. Have you heard anything on the status of RB? I must have missed the play where it happened, I just saw him on the sideline the rest of the game with ice taped to his knees. 

2 minutes ago, Blazin97 said:

For sure, Pewitt will grind out long drives running the ball and have speed. Have you heard anything on the status of RB? I must have missed the play where it happened, I just saw him on the sideline the rest of the game with ice taped to his knees. 

Same here. I didn't know he was hurt until I saw them taping him up. Haven't heard anything.

This will be a very good game. Our offense looked like a well oiled machine. I loved to see how physical and the flashes of speed they had. The defense started a little rough but then they found their groove and took control, and them boys are not afraid to hit someone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, VZCR said:

Mount Vernon in a close game. Paul Pewitt has trouble stopping the pass. 

Where were all of the recruiting comments when Gilmer was recruiting 10-15 per year?

Oh they were here. You definitely missed those comments then. 

2 hours ago, VZCR said:

Mount Vernon in a close game. Paul Pewitt has trouble stopping the pass. 

Where were all of the recruiting comments when Gilmer was recruiting 10-15 per year?

How would you know if pewitt had trouble with the pass they have only played one game. The time that atlanta did start throwing we intercepted it.

• Like 1